1995 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 325 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

This is a GREAT, extremely reliable car

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Reliabilty, low maintenance cost, comfort, safety."

Cons: "None - love it!"

"I bought a used '98 Toyota Avalon XLS in 2005 with 70,000 miles on it. Eight years later it has 262,000 miles and the engine in still running beautifully. I finally needed to replace the transmission at about 240,000 miles, but who can complain about that? I was looking for a used car for my teen-aged daughter and found another '98 Avalon XLS with only 58,000 miles on it and bought it - she is thrilled with the car. It's comfortable, safe and reliable, and with just routine maintenance it appears it will go forever. I am so impressed that I can't recommend this car highly enough."

Overall an amazingly designed vehicle.

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, price, resale value, great investment"

Cons: "Minor-Exterior appearance,"

"Its not a Lexus but it sure feels like it, which makes sense because its designs and mechanics are very similar if not exact. For its price, the consumer is getting outstanding reliability, great fuel efficiency (considering the size of the family car, and size of the engine), a comfortable smooth ride, in a classy spacious interior, equipped with an award winning engine. It's outdoor appearance it's deceiving, but the xls provides a leather, wood trim, and electrical everything including a moonroof which comes in handy every time."

VERY RELIABLE AUTOMOBILE

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, equipped, seats, cheap maintaining,"

Cons: "replaced head gaskets"

"Had the car since new in 1997. I still love it might be out to date now but a excellent transportation runs like a champ. My Avalon XLS is fully loaded everything original except did replace some minor things nothing like a warranty issue hasn't gone wrong with this car. This car drives brand new the first day I bought it on having comfortable seats and best ride ever. I highly recommend it after having excellent ownership in 17 years when purchased it new off the lot. She has plenty of power and lots of pep in engine/transmission it is important to take extremely care of those major electronics because car will last a long time on lots of miles."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, spacious"

"I bought this car used in 2005 with 87,000 miles on it and have have run the mileage up to 205,000 with no major problems. I've driven it from Los Angeles to Toronto and back and it ran perfectly. It is extremely reliable and very comfortable. I feel like I'm in a luxury car and enjoy driving it every day. I hope I'm as happy with my next car. MPG is not too bad at 21 for a V6."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, October 08, 2015

Pros: "all-around great car"

Cons: "none that i can think of"

"My mechanic insists that if I get rid of my 98 Avalon, I'm an idiot -- but if I do, please sell it to him. I still get over 30 mpg on the highway and, short of normal wear and tear, it looks almost new. It would be impossible to sell for what it's worth."

I will buy another.

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Spacious Interior, Low Maintenance, and will run until the wheels fall off"

Cons: "Grandpa styling"

"Lexus is my favorite brand. It is also outside of my budget. However, buying this Avalon used with barely 100,000 miles was a steal. It has transported me and so many others all across Metro Phoenix, an 80 mile north to south tip city, but also on several road trips to Vegas, LA, and San Diego. Very little maintenance is needed. I changed the battery, power steering pump and belts on the engine all for under $400. The car will run for more than another 100, 000 miles by just keeping it maintained."

i love this car

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Reason: time for mom to get a newer car

Pros: "reliable, huge trunk, great gas mileage, holds 5 adults comfortably"

"This has been the most worry free, reliable, useful, good looking car i have ever owned. I (and my teenagers) have put 100,000 miles on it in the last 8 years. I bought it used with low miles knowing it would carry me and my kids safely and without any problems. The trunk is HUGE, roomy back seat (kids called it a limo). It has been worth every penny and more! It still has much life left in it- and with good conscience, i will sell it to a friend- can't do that with many cars! The mileage has been 22/28 on regular gas with synthetic oil changes every 5000 miles."

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"Great Car! I was given this car as a graduation present with 90K miles in 2002. Not that enthusiastic at first but I now have 235,000 miles and it's going strong. Minor work done when it turned 200k. Water pump, timing belt, struts, gaskets, hoses. about $1200 in parts and labor. Best car ever. Drives like a caddy, great car for road trips. California to DC 6 times. Great car!!!"

Exceptional Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I bought this Avalon with a 110,000 miles on it and I now have over 215,000 miles on it. It still rides, performs and is just a very confortable car, far better than most new cars. I'm in the car business and I kinda know what I am talking about. If all cars were as good as this Avalon, the the car business would be in serious trouble. I am very grateful that they are not."

Buying another one

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Terrific value. Friends can't believe how much leg room front & back. Smooth, quiet ride. Classy interior. 140,000 miles and rides like new. Buying another one & will give this one to the kids."