1995 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 322 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Reliable "Insiders Secret" Toyota

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"I have owned and sold (1) 1997 and (2) 1999 Avalon XLS cars. These cars have varied in mileage from 40K ( 1997 bought in 1999 ) to 230000 miles. I suggest “Insiders Secret" because I am always made to realize that the Toyota Camry is, if not the one of the, most popular and recognized cars on the planet. So it becomes interesting to see that the same year/mileage Avalon will not fetch more resale dollars than the Camry. That said you will get: More luxury, features, reliability, room, and build quality with the Avalon hands down. This is good news for the buyer – not so great for the owner wanting to get a fair value amount for the sale of his/her likely beloved Avalon. The Avalon XLS is arguably twice the car of the Camry especially if you are looking for room and luxury. If one can get passed the Blah exterior design and the Plastiwood interior that can fade out all too soon this could be in my opinion considered one of the used car industry’s 10 best values especially in the budget minded < $4000 range cars available. Great leather, paint quality (unless abused or not maintained) - these should still be humming along like new 12 – 15 years later and on and on and on… If I do not rate all areas a solid 10 it is because I compare all cars to the benchmarks; Lexus, BMW . Mercedes and Audi’s. This car may not get you to the pool area of the Best Luxury Car party – but it will get you in and for the price of a Camry which won’t get you into the neighborhood. Not to put the Camry down – great little car and depending on the time of day; people’s choice but have these people driven the Avalon before they made their decision? – In my experience it never occurred to them. Toyota marketing team got too comfortable in their Avalon and fell asleep at the wheel."

Overall an amazingly designed vehicle.

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, price, resale value, great investment"

Cons: "Minor-Exterior appearance,"

"Its not a Lexus but it sure feels like it, which makes sense because its designs and mechanics are very similar if not exact. For its price, the consumer is getting outstanding reliability, great fuel efficiency (considering the size of the family car, and size of the engine), a comfortable smooth ride, in a classy spacious interior, equipped with an award winning engine. It's outdoor appearance it's deceiving, but the xls provides a leather, wood trim, and electrical everything including a moonroof which comes in handy every time."

This is a GREAT, extremely reliable car

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Reliabilty, low maintenance cost, comfort, safety."

Cons: "None - love it!"

"I bought a used '98 Toyota Avalon XLS in 2005 with 70,000 miles on it. Eight years later it has 262,000 miles and the engine in still running beautifully. I finally needed to replace the transmission at about 240,000 miles, but who can complain about that? I was looking for a used car for my teen-aged daughter and found another '98 Avalon XLS with only 58,000 miles on it and bought it - she is thrilled with the car. It's comfortable, safe and reliable, and with just routine maintenance it appears it will go forever. I am so impressed that I can't recommend this car highly enough."

VERY RELIABLE AUTOMOBILE

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, equipped, seats, cheap maintaining,"

Cons: "replaced head gaskets"

"Had the car since new in 1997. I still love it might be out to date now but a excellent transportation runs like a champ. My Avalon XLS is fully loaded everything original except did replace some minor things nothing like a warranty issue hasn't gone wrong with this car. This car drives brand new the first day I bought it on having comfortable seats and best ride ever. I highly recommend it after having excellent ownership in 17 years when purchased it new off the lot. She has plenty of power and lots of pep in engine/transmission it is important to take extremely care of those major electronics because car will last a long time on lots of miles."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, spacious"

"I bought this car used in 2005 with 87,000 miles on it and have have run the mileage up to 205,000 with no major problems. I've driven it from Los Angeles to Toronto and back and it ran perfectly. It is extremely reliable and very comfortable. I feel like I'm in a luxury car and enjoy driving it every day. I hope I'm as happy with my next car. MPG is not too bad at 21 for a V6."

i love this car

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Reason: time for mom to get a newer car

Pros: "reliable, huge trunk, great gas mileage, holds 5 adults comfortably"

"This has been the most worry free, reliable, useful, good looking car i have ever owned. I (and my teenagers) have put 100,000 miles on it in the last 8 years. I bought it used with low miles knowing it would carry me and my kids safely and without any problems. The trunk is HUGE, roomy back seat (kids called it a limo). It has been worth every penny and more! It still has much life left in it- and with good conscience, i will sell it to a friend- can't do that with many cars! The mileage has been 22/28 on regular gas with synthetic oil changes every 5000 miles."

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"Great Car! I was given this car as a graduation present with 90K miles in 2002. Not that enthusiastic at first but I now have 235,000 miles and it's going strong. Minor work done when it turned 200k. Water pump, timing belt, struts, gaskets, hoses. about $1200 in parts and labor. Best car ever. Drives like a caddy, great car for road trips. California to DC 6 times. Great car!!!"

Exceptional Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I bought this Avalon with a 110,000 miles on it and I now have over 215,000 miles on it. It still rides, performs and is just a very confortable car, far better than most new cars. I'm in the car business and I kinda know what I am talking about. If all cars were as good as this Avalon, the the car business would be in serious trouble. I am very grateful that they are not."

Buying another one

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Terrific value. Friends can't believe how much leg room front & back. Smooth, quiet ride. Classy interior. 140,000 miles and rides like new. Buying another one & will give this one to the kids."

Love this car

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Bought a 1998 Avalon used from a private party 3 years ago with about 80,000 on it. Have put on almost another 90,000 and have loved it every time I've driven it. Styling is a bit outdated and handling is a little mushy. Back end struts are a bit weak so when my 3 teenage boys are back there it rides low. Very few mechanical problems, very comfortable for long drives. Fuel economy is pretty good, not great. Easy to use controls, quality interior, plenty of power, great AC and stereo."