2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,749 - $33,706.

10/6.8

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

old friend and new friend

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"There are few things that will bring a tear to a grown man's eye. Retiring an old friend after 11 years of loyal service is one of those things. I've put almost 200K miles of adventures on this bad boy, through my early twenties and early thirties. Despite the means to replace it long ago, I've kept it in service because I've kept the exterior up well, it's got a nice enough interior (although mobile audio technology changed since 2003) and it just works. Let me say that again. IT JUST WORKS. You are not going to find another SUV (in this price range) that can take you to a business meeting on Friday, up a steep craggy mountain trail on Saturday, and the family to church on Sunday...WITHOUT FAIL year after year. My 4runner is almost 12, and it drives and sounds like a 12 year old truck, that has unfortunately been in two accidents. I love it but it's time to let it go. I'm not ready to upgrade to a Landcruiser just yet, so I'm getting the next best thing, another 4runner. If you enjoy the outdoors and you need an SUV, this is THE ONE."

Rented in Portland, OR. for 2 weeks.

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

I don't own this car

"Perfect for camping and exploring. Easy to drive and no problems."

Solid well built SUV

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Interior, fun to drive, smooth, leather seats"

"There may be SUV's that behave more like cars, but I've always been a 4x4 guy. This 2014 is the best of both words, it's great on the highway and off road. Interior is quality materials and love entune. Lots of cargo space and 2nd row leg room. Interior materials and top notch and you can't be exterior looks. We bought this after we put 200,000 trouble free miles on our 04' 4Runner."

Best vehicle I've owned!

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Great sound system, fun to drive"

Cons: "Position of cup holders/4wd control"

"I have a black 2012 limited 4runner and absolutely love it! It's rugged and stands up to off roading. Tons of space for gear on hiking and camping trips. Looks sharp! I will never drive anything else!"

Rollover accident - this 4Runner was great

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "great value, very safe, reliable, nice features"

"My 2012 4Runner SR5 4x4 was hit by someone running a red light at 45mph. She t-boned me, and I flipped onto the roof. I remember every detail, and walked away unscathed (albeit really sore). When I went to look at the 4Runner at the tow facility a couple of days later, the exterior was trashed of course, but the interior was in perfect condition. The frame held up perfectly, it didn't cave or dent at all. I am very grateful, and plan on getting a new 2014 4Runner as a replacement."

one of the best i ever owned

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "a great value"

Cons: "its not a porsche"

"My first 4runner was a 2004. Because of the quality in it years later I decided to purchase the 2010 4runner. Very pleased."

THE BEST TRUCK EVER

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Solid ride, features, vent seats, fuel economy,"

Cons: "nothing"

"Bought a 4RUNNER because knew be a excellent sport utility could trust on long term reliability these SUVs never failed in low ratings. I have Limited edition model it's fully loaded in bells and whistles with some of the comfortable seats includes ventilated memory, navigation, blue tooth, infotainment center and much more. 4Runner gives me good gas mileage. Ride is very smooth the steering feels well firmed all of controls are handsome easily use for a/c climate to navigation. The features are more upgraded some electronics that was added. Engine is a 3.0 liter it's real powerful while gives lots of responsive handling for a original owner/driver to be safe on the roads available in ''ALL WHEEL DRIVE'' in case for next winter if have another hard storm know want have to worry because feel much safer if SUV loss control or skid of the road can use the Traction/stability controls as got all wheel drive. 4Runner now looks more of Toyotas top of the line SUV with aggressive styling with smoked taillights and refreshed front end. I have lots of room only things wish the rear seats could recline something be in a Lexus than think match a higher price because the rebate and amenities are excellent on 4Runner. I love this truck every time driving it feels like heaven think purchased a great SUV worth monies down on something like 4Runner too much to list."

LOVE MY CAR. GREAT LOOKS ON THE LIMITED MODEL TRIM

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great in Snow, Nice 20 inch rims, easy to use GPS"

Cons: "No wood trim,No cooled seats,No power tailgate"

"My 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited is a great vehicle. I love everything about it. If you are looking to buy a 4Runner, definitely get the LIMITED trim. The 20 inch rims look awesome, and you get other cool features like push button start with key less entry (grab the door with key in pocket and the door unlocks), heated seats, dual climate control, leather and back up camera."

Love my 4 Runner!

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sporty look, Water resistant seats"

Cons: "Ride is a little rough"

"I've owned a Toyota for over 25 years. I have owned 3 Camrys, 1 Highlander and 2 4-Runners so far. I love them all!!! I believe Toyotas are the most dependable vehicles available. If you are looking for an extremely smooth ride do not buy the 4-Runner, the Highlander is the vehicle for you. But if you like the sporty feel and look and don't mind a rougher ride buy the 4-Runner. My last 4-Runner has the water resistant seat coverss and I love them."

True Toyota Fan

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"This is my 3rd 4 Runner, I would not buy any other vehicle than a Toyota. Safety, reliability, comfort, and great acceleration all wrapped up in this mid-sized muscle SUV. I started out with a Camry in 1994, onto a 2003 Sequoia, then my first 4 Runner for my son when he went off to college. That 4 Runner saved his life, after accident, not much left of that vehicle, but my son only sustained a cut on forehead. Thank God. I then purchased a 2008 4 Runner (last year of the 8 cylinder) what a shame, that engine is smoking hot. Last year bought another 2006 Sequoia with 26,000 miles! Today I just purchased a 2012 4 Runner Ltd with 3700 miles! Only had one single mechanical repair to any of these Toyota vehicles. I don't care about the MPG gas issue, I value safety, reliability, comfort, not to mention a handsome vehicle."