2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,186 - $31,081.

10/6.8

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

BUY THIS TRUCK!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, looks of the limited, space and reliability"

Cons: "Can be a bit bumpier than the car built SUV's"

"I have bought and owned 26 cars and trucks.. this is #1 for me. I recently traded my 2013 Mercedes E350 (LOVED THE CAR).. but needed to downsize on expenses along with get a car/truck that had room for larger items along with wanting to get back into an SUV. MOST SUV's now look like they're for women (no offense) - and will not pull anything nor made for off road. While I'm rarely off road, I do like the fact this one is made for it - I will make a point to get this off road as much as possible! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Despite the price (and you can get them down 3K or so), YOU GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF IT and save THOUSANDS on depreciation because of its re sale value, NOT to mention you will have your Ford, Nissan, KIA or whatever in the SHOP getting repairs done.. they don't come close to the dependability and reliability. The ride is FINE.. it's a truck/SUV.. not a Lexus or a "ladies Mall SUV". It's a truck. All of these reviews beating it up for its ride comparing it to an Explorer or Pathfinder.. they're not competing with them, it's a TRUCK made to tow, go off road and yes go to the grocery store and bring back your goodies. When you do the math on how much this will truly cost you to drive per year and compare it to the others, there is NO comparison - none. And I love the LIMITED version (I don't care for the front of the SR5 at all.. man Toyota, change that - that's a mistake). But the looks of the limited is really slick, Toyota did a great job of upgrading the interior along with some great body lines on the exterior. Fantastic truck.. I'm not sure i'll drive anything else going forward!!"

Daily driver and trail warrior

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Rugged, reliable, good v6, genuine off road chops"

Cons: "paint, some interior plastics, no locking gas cap"

"If you are looking for something rugged, reliable, off-road capable yet a pleasant commuter than this is a good bet. I have the trail edition and it is aptly named. Can keep up with a jeep rubicon unlimited in most situations but drives far better when back on the pavement. V6 is designed for trucks, compared to almost all competitors with V6s designed for cars. Results in better low end torque. Fuel economy is decent given 9.6 inches of ground clearance, non all-season tires, and 4750lb curb weight. No problems after 41k miles, must of which driven in the harsh environments of northern Vermont. There are some downsides, namely: Paint chips/scratches easily Not as quiet as some competitors Hard plastics found in some of the less common touch points Gas cap doesn't lock (4th gen did!) If you can live with those, and want a real truck instead of a car based crossover, this is a great choice. Its also one of the last ones left!"

My 2nd 4-runner

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "great reliable drive train, full frame, re-sale va"

Cons: "rides like a small truck, no rear hatch pull down"

"I have a 2003 4-runner with 145k salt belt miles. It still runs and looks like the I bought when it had 65k. Best used vehicle I ever bought, super reliable! We liked it so much we bought a 2012 Trail for my wife. So far its been great as well. The gas mileage isn't as good as my 03, 16.8 vs 18.9, bought it does weigh a bit more. I wish they kept the pull down strap for the rear hatch, it can be fun to watch a short person try to close it, which suprises me since it was made in Japan lol!"

Solid Truck for the Busy Life

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Size, decent MPG, versatility"

Cons: "No power tailgate..."

"I traded in a 2013 Acura RDX for a 2013 Limited. Crazy right. This truck is worth it. RDX was too small for my life, 4Runner is the perfect size. Throw a bike in the back, kayaks on top and hit the grocery store on the way home as well. Really like the way this truck feels and moves. Not a sporty SUV more of a utilitarian type. Got a lot of things right. Couple of small things that other Toyotas offer that wouldn't be bad to add to the 4Runner. For the money of a limited you basically expect everything to include a power tailgate. Not even an option. They give you power running boards before you can get a power tailgate. Seems backwards in my mind.Climate control up front has to many knobs for too many things. Keep all the knobs but add in the sync function. One knob one temp control. Otherwise this truck is beast mode and I love it."

BEST SUV

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "A lot of room and rides great!"

Cons: "braking ability."

"The best SUV I have ever owned. Rides and drives great. Quality is good. Service has been great. Controls are easy to reach and operate. If there is one thing I could complain about would be the braking. It seems to brake as a heavy SUV. But overall. Awesome vehicle."