2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,008 - $30,953.

10/6.8

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Fantastic truck

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"I owned many cars mostly GM and Ford as well as Mercedes and Audi. I change my car every 18 to 24 months. This 4runner (my first Toyota) is here to stay. I love it."

Amazing!

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive Fast powerful"

"This car is amazing! Comfortable from fast highway speed to dirt roads, the traction control is amazing! GET IT!!"

Hey, it's a Toyota...

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"Reliable, good looks, built to go, go and go."

The best Tonka SUV on the road!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Sips gas, ride, low up keep, performance, style"

Cons: "Spongy brakes, no ventilated seats, antenna"

"After owning two Lexus ES models, this was a great decision for our family. The low cost maintenance, ride, features, and great fuel economy for its size were worth the switch. We have the Limited in Shoreline blue pearl with the blonde interior, which is a great combination. My one complaints are the spongy brakes, lack of ventilated seats and the ugly antenna, which I replaced with a carbon fiber "stubby" unit. We get so many compliments on the vehicle. We have the remote starter, which is great, but I wish the vehicle would continue to run after you enter in the vehicle. We have the push starter, but when you touch the door handle the vehicle shuts off, I understand Toyota's logic, but is annoying. I wish it had more driver specific settings like the GM products, such as memory seats/mirror, individual tire pressure monitors, and expanded S.O.S. Hard to find replacement 20" tires since there are only to manufactures!!! But overall it is a GREAT mode of transportation!!!"

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Just Awesome"

Cons: "must get auto AC, not manual"

"This SUV is perfect. 21mpg on PA turnpike for 175miles. Small town Hills and driving is 13mpg, not great but better than my last two pathfinders. Only thing I regret is not having the Auto AC, the manual does not let you have individual temperatures. Surprised that the back car area does not have a separate temp control either. The 40/20/40 split is key for my moon roof surfing Springer! The nav system is awesome and the bluetooth phone system is great as well. Driving this vehicle is a real joy; makes a 4 hour drive seem like 2. Can't wait to take it to OBX for some beach/sand driving."

Very nice and well built!

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "Quality, comfort, reliability, features, strong en"

"2010 4Runner SR5 is the best sport ute you can buy in this category."

excellent suv

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

"Excellent SUV"

Best Truck I Have ever owned

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, decent mileage"

Cons: "getting into 3rd row seat is tight"

"First time toyota owner but it is the best vehivle I have ever owned (10 Plus vehicles)"

Wonderful

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"I could not be happier with this car. I have always always always wanted a 4Runner. I am so glad I waited. This newer body style is so sleek and eye catching. It really is beautiful. I have the limited package, and I can't imagine what else I could need. It is a "luxury vehicle" without the title and cost of one. I did read in another review that the back trunk door is hard to close; I guess I could agree with that, but never having owned an SUV before, it hasn't bothered me because I don't know any better. It's very roomy and enough space for my family of 4 to travel comfortably in. The trunk space in the back is massive, and the slide out tray is very handy. All in all it was a fantastic purchase."

Love my 4Runner!

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Space, quality, looks, color ( salsa Pearl Red)"

Cons: "passenger seat limited positioning"

"This is a great vehicle!, total quality but then again Toyota is quality!, it's an SUV but rides like a luxury vehicle, just floats over the bumps. Looking forward to a snow storm so I can see how it handles in the snow, hear it's awesome."

Best Vehicle I Have Owned Yet!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Looks, Reliability, Resale Value"

Cons: "Higher Cost, but worth every $"

"I was a long time dedicated Jeep customer, owning 2-Grand Cherokees and 1-Commander. Recently traded my Commander for my Toyota 4-Runner and I wish i would've tried Toyota vehicles years ago. Amazing from the sharp high-end finishes to fantastic resale value. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. It's worth the extra money upfront."

BEST 4RUNNER YET

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Just a great SUV , fun to drive and everything."

Cons: "NONE"

"This is my 3rd 4Runner and best of all. Great car, everthing you want in a midsize suv . Only car I would buy for me to drive."

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Quality is fantastic. Two issues - bad blind spots Windshield scratches very easyily"

Love my 4

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"I have always wanted a 4Runner and finally had the opportunity to purchase one. My 4Runner is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is reliable and dependable not to mention it is good looking. My only problem is that I was in such a hurry to own it I bought the only one on the lot- white. Everyone owns a white 4Runner. I wish I would have had the patience and waited for a different color but I am super satisfied with my purchase!"

Solid vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 07, 2010

"I have had this vehicle for 1 year. Everything has performed well, even in the snow. The only negative comment I have is with the transmission and how it shifts after you slow down, then accelerate. It seems to pause slightly, and the dealership does not know the cause. Besides that, the vehicle has consistently performed at 20mpg freeway or in town. A/C is great, ride is perfect for the type of vehicle. You wont regret this purchase."

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"Had it about a year now with 7,500 miles. Very happy overall. The 10's seen to have an issue with the lumbar support 'creaking' a lot, I am waiting for a fix from my dealer. Another person posted about wind noise from the roof rack cross bars...NOT true! I have them and they are silent, even at 75mph+. They are designed to be installed a certain way, it is possibly the dealer but them on backwards, but installed properly they do not create a problem. So much better looking than the previous generation."

Best 4x4 For 2010

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"I love this truck for many reasons. The main reasons is for its off-road capability. The interior is very nice. Its also has a very comfortable ride. The only problem it has in my opinion is the exterior. I think its good for off-roading but i also drive it daily to my work and its to bulky looking. The last generation was a little better on exterior. Other than that i love it, and i would definitely recommend it to people who want a good MPGs full size SUV. BTW i bought the Limited version with Technology package."

They don't come any better than a 4Runner!!

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Strong and dependable and worth every dollar!"

Cons: "Externally operated gas access door."

"This is my second 4Runner (I had the first one for 13 years!) and I love this one also. It is comfortable, a joy to drive, and feels stong and dependable (Duh, it IS a Toyota!)I work them very hard in the woods, pulling a heavy trailer, and carrying loads for friends whose vehicles won't hold the items. It has operated flawlessly. The only thing I miss that my old one had is an internal gas access door. I do not like the gas access door being unlockable. Other than that, it is an investment that anyone who can afford one should consider."

Love my 4Runner, Again!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Safety, smooth ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Deck lid difficult to close"

"I traded my 2004 4Runner, which I also bought new, for the 2011 SR5 version with a few perks. I absolutely love it and have not been disappointed in the least with my purchase. The only part of the new one I like less than my previous version is that the deck lid on my truck does not close automatically and it takes a bit of a shove to close it all the way. I feel very safe in this vehicle and love the way it drives and rides. I am a believer!"

BUY THIS TRUCK!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, looks of the limited, space and reliability"

Cons: "Can be a bit bumpier than the car built SUV's"

"I have bought and owned 26 cars and trucks.. this is #1 for me. I recently traded my 2013 Mercedes E350 (LOVED THE CAR).. but needed to downsize on expenses along with get a car/truck that had room for larger items along with wanting to get back into an SUV. MOST SUV's now look like they're for women (no offense) - and will not pull anything nor made for off road. While I'm rarely off road, I do like the fact this one is made for it - I will make a point to get this off road as much as possible! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Despite the price (and you can get them down 3K or so), YOU GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF IT and save THOUSANDS on depreciation because of its re sale value, NOT to mention you will have your Ford, Nissan, KIA or whatever in the SHOP getting repairs done.. they don't come close to the dependability and reliability. The ride is FINE.. it's a truck/SUV.. not a Lexus or a "ladies Mall SUV". It's a truck. All of these reviews beating it up for its ride comparing it to an Explorer or Pathfinder.. they're not competing with them, it's a TRUCK made to tow, go off road and yes go to the grocery store and bring back your goodies. When you do the math on how much this will truly cost you to drive per year and compare it to the others, there is NO comparison - none. And I love the LIMITED version (I don't care for the front of the SR5 at all.. man Toyota, change that - that's a mistake). But the looks of the limited is really slick, Toyota did a great job of upgrading the interior along with some great body lines on the exterior. Fantastic truck.. I'm not sure i'll drive anything else going forward!!"

My third Runner and it does not disappoint!!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Great ride with toughness, power, and quality."

Cons: "Tires are poor."

"This is my third Runner and so far it matches the previous ones. I work them really hard; pulling trees out of the woods, hauling gravel, manure, and wood in my utility trailer(and I tend to overload every time!). This Runner is a step up in the comfort, convenience accessories, and quality of ride. The only let down is the tires. They are very poorly rated and rightly so. I will soon replace them with Michelin MS2's or Firestone Destinations. For the price you cannot get better quality, resale value, or dependability."

4runners are not the toyota you used to know

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, higher"

Cons: "cheap paint, cheap materials, bad turning radius"

"This is my third 4runner and I am so disappointed. Since its bigger, the turning radius is difficult in tight areas. The paint is cheap and chips often and easily. The antenna is dated and clunky. The third row seating makes it uneven in the back so when you open the car door, everything falls out. The AC vent has been rattling for 7 months and the dealership (had it 5 times) still hasn't remedied it. The quality just isn't there anymore."

Best Vehicle I have owned

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "comfort, gas mileage, leg room, radio, navigation,"

Cons: "absolutely none"

"I have had a Ford Explorer and a Ford Expedition. I was dead set on an SUV. All of the SUV's except for the 4runner went cross over. I didn't want the crossover style and loved the style and the reviews on the 2012 4runner. I LOVE IT! I looked for over 2 years and finally purchased mine. It is comfortable, lots of leg room in the back seat, the navigation system is awesome, the radio with sat radio is great. The gas mileage started out a little on the low side but as I keep putting miles on it, it keeps going up. I can't imagine owning anything but a 4runner. I am looking for a used one for my daughter who will be driving in 18 months! My father who has always been a Ford guy, loves my vehicle and keeps saying how well it drives and how quiet it is."

Comfortable ride for a 4x4

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, well placed interior"

Cons: "Didn't come with a cute blonde chick in the passenger seat."

"Smooth, quiet going down the road, my limited has all the creature comforts that a week-day commuter/Week-end Warrior could want. With an overall average of 22 mpg (city and hwy), I couldn't be more pleased with the 2010 4Runner we picked up used as a CPO vehicle."

Solid SUV

By on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Test drove Pilot, MDX, RDX, and FX35 with the 4RUNNER being the roomiest and most practical among this group. Fit and finish plus ride quality makes this a good choice with the only negative being that it is a bit underpowered. With Toyota quality and a better price point we are happy with this purchase."