2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,848 - $30,739.

10/6.8

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

BUY THIS TRUCK!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, looks of the limited, space and reliability"

Cons: "Can be a bit bumpier than the car built SUV's"

"I have bought and owned 26 cars and trucks.. this is #1 for me. I recently traded my 2013 Mercedes E350 (LOVED THE CAR).. but needed to downsize on expenses along with get a car/truck that had room for larger items along with wanting to get back into an SUV. MOST SUV's now look like they're for women (no offense) - and will not pull anything nor made for off road. While I'm rarely off road, I do like the fact this one is made for it - I will make a point to get this off road as much as possible! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Despite the price (and you can get them down 3K or so), YOU GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF IT and save THOUSANDS on depreciation because of its re sale value, NOT to mention you will have your Ford, Nissan, KIA or whatever in the SHOP getting repairs done.. they don't come close to the dependability and reliability. The ride is FINE.. it's a truck/SUV.. not a Lexus or a "ladies Mall SUV". It's a truck. All of these reviews beating it up for its ride comparing it to an Explorer or Pathfinder.. they're not competing with them, it's a TRUCK made to tow, go off road and yes go to the grocery store and bring back your goodies. When you do the math on how much this will truly cost you to drive per year and compare it to the others, there is NO comparison - none. And I love the LIMITED version (I don't care for the front of the SR5 at all.. man Toyota, change that - that's a mistake). But the looks of the limited is really slick, Toyota did a great job of upgrading the interior along with some great body lines on the exterior. Fantastic truck.. I'm not sure i'll drive anything else going forward!!"

Does Not Meet My Expectations

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

"This is my first Toyota after owning 5 Chevys and a Ford. I had high expectations for this vehicle as it has one of the best reputations for reliability of any vehicle on the market and is a legendary nameplate. Cons: I had to have my front differential and driver’s side axle replaced due to a failed bearing inside the carrier at only 13,000 miles. There are squeaks in behind the dash, in the armrest, in the moon roof, and in the seat. I have more paint chips and scratches after one year than is acceptable. The trailer hitch is almost covered in surface rust after one year. The interior silver trim pieces are scratched from using the brush on my vacuum one time. Acceleration is adequate if you really push it, but due to throttle mapping, it feels incredibly slow and uninspiring. Plug for trailer lights is hidden under the bumper. Pros: Feels very rugged and mechanically very tight. Great dog vehicle to the roll-down rear window. Ground clearance is incredible for a vehicle with standard tires and wheels. Traction in bad weather is the best I’ve experienced. Fantastic aftermarket and loyal online followers. Looks great working hard or in the city on a date night. Simple, proven engine and transmission. Unique. The only comparable vehicle is the XTerra, which is in dire need of an update."

Fantastic truck

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"I owned many cars mostly GM and Ford as well as Mercedes and Audi. I change my car every 18 to 24 months. This 4runner (my first Toyota) is here to stay. I love it."

The best Tonka SUV on the road!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Sips gas, ride, low up keep, performance, style"

Cons: "Spongy brakes, no ventilated seats, antenna"

"After owning two Lexus ES models, this was a great decision for our family. The low cost maintenance, ride, features, and great fuel economy for its size were worth the switch. We have the Limited in Shoreline blue pearl with the blonde interior, which is a great combination. My one complaints are the spongy brakes, lack of ventilated seats and the ugly antenna, which I replaced with a carbon fiber "stubby" unit. We get so many compliments on the vehicle. We have the remote starter, which is great, but I wish the vehicle would continue to run after you enter in the vehicle. We have the push starter, but when you touch the door handle the vehicle shuts off, I understand Toyota's logic, but is annoying. I wish it had more driver specific settings like the GM products, such as memory seats/mirror, individual tire pressure monitors, and expanded S.O.S. Hard to find replacement 20" tires since there are only to manufactures!!! But overall it is a GREAT mode of transportation!!!"

It's a truck

By on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Pros: "Heavy construction, surprisingly good gas mileage."

Cons: "None, unless you don't want a truck."

"Traded a 2010 Highlander for this 2013 4Runner SR5. Although the 4Runner is just a couple of inches larger, it's a completely different vehicle. It's a truck, whereas the Highlander is much more car-like and agile. The 4Runner is an extremely solid build, but handles more like a truck. Surprisingly, it averages almost 21 MPG. Please don't compare this to other "crossovers" and say it falls short. It's a truck."

Initial Impressions

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Build quality, heavy duty engineering and build."

Cons: "No unexpected downside at all."

"I've only had this vehicle for one week... traded a Highlander Hybrid. Admittedly, the Highlander handled better and was more nimble. But the 4Runner is a much more solid vehicle and I have no doubt it will take more punishment. I'm averaging 21.5 MPG on the highway, and about 20 mixed highway/city. No way I can speak to the reliability of this vehicle -- will update later. One unexpected bonus with the 4Runner: Very good rear window visibility, which seems to be a thing of the past with other vehicles. Even though the 4Runner has a rear camera, I still get comfort knowing I can pilot in reverse through the back window in confidence. Great build quality -- everything seems heavy-duty."

Great on gas and roomie!

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great on gas, 10cup holders"

Cons: "have not found any yet"

"I had a Tahoe before I bought my 4Runner and the gas prices were really breaking me so I wanted to trade for something still an SUV, but better on gas and this was it! I love it and am completely happy with my purchase!"

Great SUV

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Handling in the snow"

Cons: "Interior - Temp Control"

"Love almost everything about this SUV. Drives perfectly in the snow, ice, rain, and mud. The only thing I've been a bit disappointed about would have to be the interior. It looks a bit cheap and no temperature control.. come'on Toyota I expected a bit more. Exterior of car looks beastly and rugged! Will never go anything but Toyota (suv’s).. Not one problem."

Much Better than my 2012 Wrangler!!!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Sturdiness, reliability, front grill -- the grill"

Cons: "Power is limited -- gas mileadge"

"Bought a 2014 Trail edition and just love the thing -- you can tell it's built like a tank and will last for many years. I had a new 2012 Rubi, and in the first year, the head went bad and the drive bolt shafts sheared off. Are you kidding me??? Before that I had a 97 Wrangler I just adored. So long Jeepers...this thing will last a lifetime. I haven't taken it crawling yet, but in the snowy CO mountains it has been unstoppable and worry free. Agree that the power could be a little better -- of course it's going to to ride like an SUV. So if you're OK with that, I say go for it. All my friends who have one say 200k miles are worry free; I've never had an American car last more than 120k without major power-train issues. Toyota as me sold...also hear that 2016 may be the last year of production for the 4R...sigh."

Amazing!

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive Fast powerful"

"This car is amazing! Comfortable from fast highway speed to dirt roads, the traction control is amazing! GET IT!!"

best vehicle ever!

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

"I don't have a bad thing to say it's just the best"

Hey, it's a Toyota...

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"Reliable, good looks, built to go, go and go."

The best Tonka SUV on the road!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Sips gas, ride, low up keep, performance, style"

Cons: "Spongy brakes, no ventilated seats, antenna"

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Just Awesome"

Cons: "must get auto AC, not manual"

"This SUV is perfect. 21mpg on PA turnpike for 175miles. Small town Hills and driving is 13mpg, not great but better than my last two pathfinders. Only thing I regret is not having the Auto AC, the manual does not let you have individual temperatures. Surprised that the back car area does not have a separate temp control either. The 40/20/40 split is key for my moon roof surfing Springer! The nav system is awesome and the bluetooth phone system is great as well. Driving this vehicle is a real joy; makes a 4 hour drive seem like 2. Can't wait to take it to OBX for some beach/sand driving."

Very nice and well built!

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "Quality, comfort, reliability, features, strong en"

"2010 4Runner SR5 is the best sport ute you can buy in this category."

excellent suv

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

"Excellent SUV"

Best Truck I Have ever owned

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, decent mileage"

Cons: "getting into 3rd row seat is tight"

"First time toyota owner but it is the best vehivle I have ever owned (10 Plus vehicles)"

Wonderful

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"I could not be happier with this car. I have always always always wanted a 4Runner. I am so glad I waited. This newer body style is so sleek and eye catching. It really is beautiful. I have the limited package, and I can't imagine what else I could need. It is a "luxury vehicle" without the title and cost of one. I did read in another review that the back trunk door is hard to close; I guess I could agree with that, but never having owned an SUV before, it hasn't bothered me because I don't know any better. It's very roomy and enough space for my family of 4 to travel comfortably in. The trunk space in the back is massive, and the slide out tray is very handy. All in all it was a fantastic purchase."

Love my 4Runner!

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Space, quality, looks, color ( salsa Pearl Red)"

Cons: "passenger seat limited positioning"

"This is a great vehicle!, total quality but then again Toyota is quality!, it's an SUV but rides like a luxury vehicle, just floats over the bumps. Looking forward to a snow storm so I can see how it handles in the snow, hear it's awesome."

Best Vehicle I Have Owned Yet!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Looks, Reliability, Resale Value"

Cons: "Higher Cost, but worth every $"

"I was a long time dedicated Jeep customer, owning 2-Grand Cherokees and 1-Commander. Recently traded my Commander for my Toyota 4-Runner and I wish i would've tried Toyota vehicles years ago. Amazing from the sharp high-end finishes to fantastic resale value. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. It's worth the extra money upfront."

BEST 4RUNNER YET

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Just a great SUV , fun to drive and everything."

Cons: "NONE"

"This is my 3rd 4Runner and best of all. Great car, everthing you want in a midsize suv . Only car I would buy for me to drive."

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Quality is fantastic. Two issues - bad blind spots Windshield scratches very easyily"

Love my 4

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"I have always wanted a 4Runner and finally had the opportunity to purchase one. My 4Runner is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is reliable and dependable not to mention it is good looking. My only problem is that I was in such a hurry to own it I bought the only one on the lot- white. Everyone owns a white 4Runner. I wish I would have had the patience and waited for a different color but I am super satisfied with my purchase!"

Solid vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 07, 2010

"I have had this vehicle for 1 year. Everything has performed well, even in the snow. The only negative comment I have is with the transmission and how it shifts after you slow down, then accelerate. It seems to pause slightly, and the dealership does not know the cause. Besides that, the vehicle has consistently performed at 20mpg freeway or in town. A/C is great, ride is perfect for the type of vehicle. You wont regret this purchase."

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"Had it about a year now with 7,500 miles. Very happy overall. The 10's seen to have an issue with the lumbar support 'creaking' a lot, I am waiting for a fix from my dealer. Another person posted about wind noise from the roof rack cross bars...NOT true! I have them and they are silent, even at 75mph+. They are designed to be installed a certain way, it is possibly the dealer but them on backwards, but installed properly they do not create a problem. So much better looking than the previous generation."