2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,125 - $31,018.

10/6.8

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

True Toyota Fan

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"This is my 3rd 4 Runner, I would not buy any other vehicle than a Toyota. Safety, reliability, comfort, and great acceleration all wrapped up in this mid-sized muscle SUV. I started out with a Camry in 1994, onto a 2003 Sequoia, then my first 4 Runner for my son when he went off to college. That 4 Runner saved his life, after accident, not much left of that vehicle, but my son only sustained a cut on forehead. Thank God. I then purchased a 2008 4 Runner (last year of the 8 cylinder) what a shame, that engine is smoking hot. Last year bought another 2006 Sequoia with 26,000 miles! Today I just purchased a 2012 4 Runner Ltd with 3700 miles! Only had one single mechanical repair to any of these Toyota vehicles. I don't care about the MPG gas issue, I value safety, reliability, comfort, not to mention a handsome vehicle."

BUY THIS TRUCK!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, looks of the limited, space and reliability"

Cons: "Can be a bit bumpier than the car built SUV's"

"I have bought and owned 26 cars and trucks.. this is #1 for me. I recently traded my 2013 Mercedes E350 (LOVED THE CAR).. but needed to downsize on expenses along with get a car/truck that had room for larger items along with wanting to get back into an SUV. MOST SUV's now look like they're for women (no offense) - and will not pull anything nor made for off road. While I'm rarely off road, I do like the fact this one is made for it - I will make a point to get this off road as much as possible! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Despite the price (and you can get them down 3K or so), YOU GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF IT and save THOUSANDS on depreciation because of its re sale value, NOT to mention you will have your Ford, Nissan, KIA or whatever in the SHOP getting repairs done.. they don't come close to the dependability and reliability. The ride is FINE.. it's a truck/SUV.. not a Lexus or a "ladies Mall SUV". It's a truck. All of these reviews beating it up for its ride comparing it to an Explorer or Pathfinder.. they're not competing with them, it's a TRUCK made to tow, go off road and yes go to the grocery store and bring back your goodies. When you do the math on how much this will truly cost you to drive per year and compare it to the others, there is NO comparison - none. And I love the LIMITED version (I don't care for the front of the SR5 at all.. man Toyota, change that - that's a mistake). But the looks of the limited is really slick, Toyota did a great job of upgrading the interior along with some great body lines on the exterior. Fantastic truck.. I'm not sure i'll drive anything else going forward!!"

Best SUV I have ever owned in all areas

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

"Overall it's a great machine. Family, off road, weather, it handles it all"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Price & power"

"Love the design and utility of the vehicle. Was surprise with the handling. It was much better than I expected. Did not regret trading my Nissan Frontier NISMO 4x4 for this SUV. Toyota will last forever."

Almost perfect

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

I want this car

"I currently own a Nissan Armada SL, but I have been looking at the 4runner for a while now. I really love the sporty look of it, even though it is a bit smaller that my current vehicle. The price for a new 4runner is about the same as what I paid for my Armada...and that is why I hesitate to trade. I have issues thinking the price is the same for a smaller vehicle & the limited 4runner lacks some specs that mine does have. Mostly I would miss my power lift gate & intelligent key system. Also, the 3rd row seat of the 4runner is a joke, I wouldn't even bother getting one with that. As much as I like the exterior look I really don't think I'll give up what I have just yet. Maybe the 2015 4Runner will add some features to it to make it worth it."

See if you qualify for