2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,299 - $32,220.

10/6.8

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

At 51, I owned over 35 cars, this has been thebest

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"Bought my 2010 off showroom floor in January 2010. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. No issues...I am a mechanic and my only complaints: it takes an hour to change the oil, so with synthetic I only have to deal with it a few times a year., the transmission is sealed (no dipstick) so fluid change at 100,000 miles is probably a dealer only ( I looked it up and even I don't want to do), and the weather strip outside along the glass is starting to tear off and dissolve...also headlights are hazing on top and started to only after a year or so.. Went to dealer and they used some compound on them...the haze came right back...I wish they would have replaced mine like they did for others....all in all though a great truck! I'm at 82,000 miles so far.."

At 51, I owned over 35 cars, this has been thebest

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Stylish look, perfect blend of SUV and Truck"

"I have owned many vehicles. The 2014 stands out as one of the best I have ever owned. The drive is smooth and stable. The amenities, in the limited trim, are superior and fit/finish better than 2013 models. Although, the price may scare some off...this vehicle is built to be the last vehicle you will ever own."

Better than my CRV

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Features, visbility, seats, audio, nav, ride,"

"Wanted to trade up my 2012 Honda CRV on a new 4runner sr5 limited. I like the SUV overall on new features and better gas mileage. The 4runner is now available with an navigation, new standard rearview camera, Bluetooth, keyless access, heated front seats, great stereo system, handles better than CRV its bit quieter out on the highways. This SUV has been refreshed in a exterior styling and more new interior fit and finish materials. Engine is very excellent on torque and power gives just at 0-60 seconds. Leather seats have nice buckets with lumbar support and the 3rd row seating is better with comfort on front/rear all the best on the SUV. Visibility a plus with better roofline being 6'4'' and doors opens wide enough the 4runner is best than coming out a cheaper small crossover like CRV should had this quality instead but this much expensive larger crossover I got has it all on lots that is standard and fully equipped at a bargain. Rides remarkably good with performance being a steal on great handling interior doesn't suffer from any wind noise or be noisy under acceleration. Toyota Quality is very excellent now I am a new loyal Toyota guy who bought an new 4runner on luxury have on it even I'm getting good fuel economy since owned nearly two months enjoying all the new features on my new 4runner. All of the controls works great even navigation/audio systems both are excellent too with voice recognition for blue tooth includes USB/MP3 player capabilities just the best on this 4runner. LUV MY 4RUNNER FOR LIFE!!!!"

Great SUV

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Handling in the snow"

Cons: "Interior - Temp Control"

"Love almost everything about this SUV. Drives perfectly in the snow, ice, rain, and mud. The only thing I've been a bit disappointed about would have to be the interior. It looks a bit cheap and no temperature control.. come'on Toyota I expected a bit more. Exterior of car looks beastly and rugged! Will never go anything but Toyota (suv’s).. Not one problem."

Great truck

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Cons: "No climate control, taken off from previous model."

"This truck is solid, reliable and can get through anything. Versatile driving options,roomy and has a nice ride for long trips. Love it!"

Much Better than my 2012 Wrangler!!!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Sturdiness, reliability, front grill -- the grill"

Cons: "Power is limited -- gas mileadge"

"Bought a 2014 Trail edition and just love the thing -- you can tell it's built like a tank and will last for many years. I had a new 2012 Rubi, and in the first year, the head went bad and the drive bolt shafts sheared off. Are you kidding me??? Before that I had a 97 Wrangler I just adored. So long Jeepers...this thing will last a lifetime. I haven't taken it crawling yet, but in the snowy CO mountains it has been unstoppable and worry free. Agree that the power could be a little better -- of course it's going to to ride like an SUV. So if you're OK with that, I say go for it. All my friends who have one say 200k miles are worry free; I've never had an American car last more than 120k without major power-train issues. Toyota as me sold...also hear that 2016 may be the last year of production for the 4R...sigh."

Solid, tough, 4WD performing, power-towing, beast.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Tough, powerful towing, built solid, dependable."

Cons: "Not super-comfortable, especially in the back."

"If you need or want dependable power and great driving in snow, gravel, dirt and you want some of the amenities of a comfortable SUV, then this is a great one. I totally agree with the comments that if you want a super-comfortable car-like ride, then this is definitely not the vehicle for you. We take it on long trips (12-16 hrs. driving a day) and it is okay, but not super-comfortable. Riders in the back seats bounce a little on the stiff suspension. However, we've been in the Rocky Mountains during snowstorms a few times and this SUV is awesome in those conditions. The ABS system performs really well on ice (which saved me from hitting a car this year!). The interior and exterior are built tough. We've driven the heck out of our 4Runner for 2 years and it still looks pretty new. Leather holding up well. Interior holding up well. Nothing has broken. The rear wiper is a little inadequate, but okay. Tires still good. It's overkill for an around town vehicle or commuter vehicle, but great for towing our camper and boat and when the weather gets bad. We got a Prius too to balance out the MPG (which isn't too bad). We've loaded it down with people and luggage and still get about 21 mpg on the highway."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25