2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,237 - $31,134.

10/6.8

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

one of the best i ever owned

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "a great value"

Cons: "its not a porsche"

"My first 4runner was a 2004. Because of the quality in it years later I decided to purchase the 2010 4runner. Very pleased."

THE BEST TRUCK EVER

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Solid ride, features, vent seats, fuel economy,"

Cons: "nothing"

"Bought a 4RUNNER because knew be a excellent sport utility could trust on long term reliability these SUVs never failed in low ratings. I have Limited edition model it's fully loaded in bells and whistles with some of the comfortable seats includes ventilated memory, navigation, blue tooth, infotainment center and much more. 4Runner gives me good gas mileage. Ride is very smooth the steering feels well firmed all of controls are handsome easily use for a/c climate to navigation. The features are more upgraded some electronics that was added. Engine is a 3.0 liter it's real powerful while gives lots of responsive handling for a original owner/driver to be safe on the roads available in ''ALL WHEEL DRIVE'' in case for next winter if have another hard storm know want have to worry because feel much safer if SUV loss control or skid of the road can use the Traction/stability controls as got all wheel drive. 4Runner now looks more of Toyotas top of the line SUV with aggressive styling with smoked taillights and refreshed front end. I have lots of room only things wish the rear seats could recline something be in a Lexus than think match a higher price because the rebate and amenities are excellent on 4Runner. I love this truck every time driving it feels like heaven think purchased a great SUV worth monies down on something like 4Runner too much to list."

LOVE MY CAR. GREAT LOOKS ON THE LIMITED MODEL TRIM

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great in Snow, Nice 20 inch rims, easy to use GPS"

Cons: "No wood trim,No cooled seats,No power tailgate"

"My 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited is a great vehicle. I love everything about it. If you are looking to buy a 4Runner, definitely get the LIMITED trim. The 20 inch rims look awesome, and you get other cool features like push button start with key less entry (grab the door with key in pocket and the door unlocks), heated seats, dual climate control, leather and back up camera."

Love my 4 Runner!

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sporty look, Water resistant seats"

Cons: "Ride is a little rough"

"I've owned a Toyota for over 25 years. I have owned 3 Camrys, 1 Highlander and 2 4-Runners so far. I love them all!!! I believe Toyotas are the most dependable vehicles available. If you are looking for an extremely smooth ride do not buy the 4-Runner, the Highlander is the vehicle for you. But if you like the sporty feel and look and don't mind a rougher ride buy the 4-Runner. My last 4-Runner has the water resistant seat coverss and I love them."

True Toyota Fan

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"This is my 3rd 4 Runner, I would not buy any other vehicle than a Toyota. Safety, reliability, comfort, and great acceleration all wrapped up in this mid-sized muscle SUV. I started out with a Camry in 1994, onto a 2003 Sequoia, then my first 4 Runner for my son when he went off to college. That 4 Runner saved his life, after accident, not much left of that vehicle, but my son only sustained a cut on forehead. Thank God. I then purchased a 2008 4 Runner (last year of the 8 cylinder) what a shame, that engine is smoking hot. Last year bought another 2006 Sequoia with 26,000 miles! Today I just purchased a 2012 4 Runner Ltd with 3700 miles! Only had one single mechanical repair to any of these Toyota vehicles. I don't care about the MPG gas issue, I value safety, reliability, comfort, not to mention a handsome vehicle."

BUY THIS TRUCK!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, looks of the limited, space and reliability"

Cons: "Can be a bit bumpier than the car built SUV's"

"I have bought and owned 26 cars and trucks.. this is #1 for me. I recently traded my 2013 Mercedes E350 (LOVED THE CAR).. but needed to downsize on expenses along with get a car/truck that had room for larger items along with wanting to get back into an SUV. MOST SUV's now look like they're for women (no offense) - and will not pull anything nor made for off road. While I'm rarely off road, I do like the fact this one is made for it - I will make a point to get this off road as much as possible! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Despite the price (and you can get them down 3K or so), YOU GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF IT and save THOUSANDS on depreciation because of its re sale value, NOT to mention you will have your Ford, Nissan, KIA or whatever in the SHOP getting repairs done.. they don't come close to the dependability and reliability. The ride is FINE.. it's a truck/SUV.. not a Lexus or a "ladies Mall SUV". It's a truck. All of these reviews beating it up for its ride comparing it to an Explorer or Pathfinder.. they're not competing with them, it's a TRUCK made to tow, go off road and yes go to the grocery store and bring back your goodies. When you do the math on how much this will truly cost you to drive per year and compare it to the others, there is NO comparison - none. And I love the LIMITED version (I don't care for the front of the SR5 at all.. man Toyota, change that - that's a mistake). But the looks of the limited is really slick, Toyota did a great job of upgrading the interior along with some great body lines on the exterior. Fantastic truck.. I'm not sure i'll drive anything else going forward!!"

Best SUV I have ever owned in all areas

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

"Overall it's a great machine. Family, off road, weather, it handles it all"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Price & power"

"Love the design and utility of the vehicle. Was surprise with the handling. It was much better than I expected. Did not regret trading my Nissan Frontier NISMO 4x4 for this SUV. Toyota will last forever."

Almost perfect

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

I want this car

"I currently own a Nissan Armada SL, but I have been looking at the 4runner for a while now. I really love the sporty look of it, even though it is a bit smaller that my current vehicle. The price for a new 4runner is about the same as what I paid for my Armada...and that is why I hesitate to trade. I have issues thinking the price is the same for a smaller vehicle & the limited 4runner lacks some specs that mine does have. Mostly I would miss my power lift gate & intelligent key system. Also, the 3rd row seat of the 4runner is a joke, I wouldn't even bother getting one with that. As much as I like the exterior look I really don't think I'll give up what I have just yet. Maybe the 2015 4Runner will add some features to it to make it worth it."

At 51, I owned over 35 cars, this has been thebest

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"Bought my 2010 off showroom floor in January 2010. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. No issues...I am a mechanic and my only complaints: it takes an hour to change the oil, so with synthetic I only have to deal with it a few times a year., the transmission is sealed (no dipstick) so fluid change at 100,000 miles is probably a dealer only ( I looked it up and even I don't want to do), and the weather strip outside along the glass is starting to tear off and dissolve...also headlights are hazing on top and started to only after a year or so.. Went to dealer and they used some compound on them...the haze came right back...I wish they would have replaced mine like they did for others....all in all though a great truck! I'm at 82,000 miles so far.."

At 51, I owned over 35 cars, this has been thebest

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Stylish look, perfect blend of SUV and Truck"

"I have owned many vehicles. The 2014 stands out as one of the best I have ever owned. The drive is smooth and stable. The amenities, in the limited trim, are superior and fit/finish better than 2013 models. Although, the price may scare some off...this vehicle is built to be the last vehicle you will ever own."

Better than my CRV

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Features, visbility, seats, audio, nav, ride,"

"Wanted to trade up my 2012 Honda CRV on a new 4runner sr5 limited. I like the SUV overall on new features and better gas mileage. The 4runner is now available with an navigation, new standard rearview camera, Bluetooth, keyless access, heated front seats, great stereo system, handles better than CRV its bit quieter out on the highways. This SUV has been refreshed in a exterior styling and more new interior fit and finish materials. Engine is very excellent on torque and power gives just at 0-60 seconds. Leather seats have nice buckets with lumbar support and the 3rd row seating is better with comfort on front/rear all the best on the SUV. Visibility a plus with better roofline being 6'4'' and doors opens wide enough the 4runner is best than coming out a cheaper small crossover like CRV should had this quality instead but this much expensive larger crossover I got has it all on lots that is standard and fully equipped at a bargain. Rides remarkably good with performance being a steal on great handling interior doesn't suffer from any wind noise or be noisy under acceleration. Toyota Quality is very excellent now I am a new loyal Toyota guy who bought an new 4runner on luxury have on it even I'm getting good fuel economy since owned nearly two months enjoying all the new features on my new 4runner. All of the controls works great even navigation/audio systems both are excellent too with voice recognition for blue tooth includes USB/MP3 player capabilities just the best on this 4runner. LUV MY 4RUNNER FOR LIFE!!!!"

Great SUV

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Handling in the snow"

Cons: "Interior - Temp Control"

"Love almost everything about this SUV. Drives perfectly in the snow, ice, rain, and mud. The only thing I've been a bit disappointed about would have to be the interior. It looks a bit cheap and no temperature control.. come'on Toyota I expected a bit more. Exterior of car looks beastly and rugged! Will never go anything but Toyota (suv’s).. Not one problem."

Great truck

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Cons: "No climate control, taken off from previous model."

"This truck is solid, reliable and can get through anything. Versatile driving options,roomy and has a nice ride for long trips. Love it!"

Much Better than my 2012 Wrangler!!!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Sturdiness, reliability, front grill -- the grill"

Cons: "Power is limited -- gas mileadge"

"Bought a 2014 Trail edition and just love the thing -- you can tell it's built like a tank and will last for many years. I had a new 2012 Rubi, and in the first year, the head went bad and the drive bolt shafts sheared off. Are you kidding me??? Before that I had a 97 Wrangler I just adored. So long Jeepers...this thing will last a lifetime. I haven't taken it crawling yet, but in the snowy CO mountains it has been unstoppable and worry free. Agree that the power could be a little better -- of course it's going to to ride like an SUV. So if you're OK with that, I say go for it. All my friends who have one say 200k miles are worry free; I've never had an American car last more than 120k without major power-train issues. Toyota as me sold...also hear that 2016 may be the last year of production for the 4R...sigh."

Solid, tough, 4WD performing, power-towing, beast.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Tough, powerful towing, built solid, dependable."

Cons: "Not super-comfortable, especially in the back."

"If you need or want dependable power and great driving in snow, gravel, dirt and you want some of the amenities of a comfortable SUV, then this is a great one. I totally agree with the comments that if you want a super-comfortable car-like ride, then this is definitely not the vehicle for you. We take it on long trips (12-16 hrs. driving a day) and it is okay, but not super-comfortable. Riders in the back seats bounce a little on the stiff suspension. However, we've been in the Rocky Mountains during snowstorms a few times and this SUV is awesome in those conditions. The ABS system performs really well on ice (which saved me from hitting a car this year!). The interior and exterior are built tough. We've driven the heck out of our 4Runner for 2 years and it still looks pretty new. Leather holding up well. Interior holding up well. Nothing has broken. The rear wiper is a little inadequate, but okay. Tires still good. It's overkill for an around town vehicle or commuter vehicle, but great for towing our camper and boat and when the weather gets bad. We got a Prius too to balance out the MPG (which isn't too bad). We've loaded it down with people and luggage and still get about 21 mpg on the highway."

Reliable, low maint., great value, comfortable

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive."

Cons: "With recent snowy days, a remote start help."

"Great vehicle. Extremely comfortable to drive and ride in for any distance. Good mileage for a larger vehicle. Am trading in for a new one just like it because I can. Vehicle holds value very well."

Too bad, could have been perfect...

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Reason: poor handling, useless 4WD

Pros: "Great quality, good looks"

Cons: "Poor driving and handling, useless 4WD"

"I traded-in this car about 1 year after I bought it. Never done that with any car before. So let's see: Pros: solid build, nice exterior looks, one of the most reliable vehicles you can find on the market, good re-sale value, great off-road capability (or so they say...). Cons: 1) This vehicle has the worst handling of any vehicle I ever drove. It leans in corners, constantly wobbles on uneven pavement, nose-dives when you break. You can't drive relaxed, you have to be on a constant alert. I understand it's a truck designed for off-road use, but even so it stands out as one of the worst in its class; 2) The 4WD system is useless except if you drive in snow, mud or on any slippery surface for an extended time. The manual says you can't drive on hard surfaces in 4WD mode because it will wear and damage the gears. Fine, but here's the catch: you have to drive minimum 10 miles per month in 4WD to keep the front drive lubricated. Where? Also, what do you choose for light or partial snow, 2WD or 4WD? You decide, I couldn't figure out; 3) The rear drive shaft needs to be lubricated every 10000 miles or 5000 miles if you drive on salty roads. If you don't plan to do that yourself the cost is approx. $50 at the dealer; 4) Despite being rated at 270 hp this vehicle feels slow, especially at moderate speeds (30-40mph). Once you get past that point the acceleration is OK; 4) Changing the oil is difficult because you have to remove a plastic shield and one of the skid plates in order to access the oil filter and plug; 5) The access to third row (if equipped) is difficult and can only be done from the right-side rear door; 6) When you get in the driver's seat your right knee will almost certainly hit the fan speed knob; 7) As soon as you start driving, a strange sound comes from the ignition key area (just one time, for a fraction of a second). I could also hear sharp crack-like sounds coming from the right-side front door panel which would subside after a while; 8) When you turn the heat on, an oil-like smell comes through the vents; 9) When a tiny paint chip came off the hood I noticed the color paint film was very thin. This doesn't necessarily mean the paint system/quality is bad. Some of the cons listed here are inherent to the type of drive system this vehicle is equipped with. I'm not trying to bash the 4Runner, it may turn out to be a great vehicle for you. I just want you to know what you are buying. I wish I knew all these before I bought."

Super value Why get anything else?

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, solid performance"

Cons: "NOT A ONE"

"I have driven 4Runners for over 15 years and am not disappointed with my 2011 in any area. It has lots of power and the handling is superb. I had a 1997 for 13 years and this one is on track to outdo it in many areas. I tow a heavy utility trailer often and it handles all situations with aplomb. My adult sons are so impressed with it that they drive it every chance they get."

can't wait to drive it love it

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "very versitile"

Cons: "more pickup"

"I previously owned a 2005 Nissan xterra loved the car not the issues that came along with it , Nissan doesn't stand behind there vehicles. I replaced a transmission and number 2 was going too. I have owned Toyota vehicles in the past and should have never left them love my new runner only con is wish it had better pick up."

Fantastic truck

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"I owned many cars mostly GM and Ford as well as Mercedes and Audi. I change my car every 18 to 24 months. This 4runner (my first Toyota) is here to stay. I love it."

Love it!!!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and very comfortable"

Cons: "could use better tires from the factory"

"This is my first Toyota and I am in love with this vehicle. A lot of my friends kept telling me to buy one but I waited and waited. I am so glad to finally make the change over to Toyota. Love the 4Runner!!!"