2012 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 185 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

4runners are not the toyota you used to know

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, higher"

Cons: "cheap paint, cheap materials, bad turning radius"

"This is my third 4runner and I am so disappointed. Since its bigger, the turning radius is difficult in tight areas. The paint is cheap and chips often and easily. The antenna is dated and clunky. The third row seating makes it uneven in the back so when you open the car door, everything falls out. The AC vent has been rattling for 7 months and the dealership (had it 5 times) still hasn't remedied it. The quality just isn't there anymore."

2012 Trail Edition - my dream vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "4WD, black bumpers, cargo deck"

Cons: "sunglass holder?"

"I bought the Trail edition in excellent used condition. I've owned a Sequoia, Highlander, Camry, and a Corolla, but this is just right for my family of four, including two teenagers. The Sequoia was just too large for my day to day. 4WD works well during the Michigan snow storms and traveling through the wooded trails to prepare for a hike. Crawl control and the unique settings for mud, rock, etc. are a bonus. Water resistant seats are perfect for an outdoorsy lifestyle and am enjoying the XM satellite radio is great with the sound system. I prefer the black bumpers and exterior black trim; can't stand all the scratches on a painted bumper. The body looks cool - I receive compliments frequently. Gas mileage is not ideal around town, but I can get 22/23 driving around 60mph. The body on frame feels safe and sturdy with not a lot of road or wind noise - just a slight hum from the tires. Plenty of cargo room, especially when the back seats are folded. The party mode is pretty cool for tailgating, and the slide out cargo deck is pretty useful. I pull out the deck, place the heavy items on it, then slide into the truck. Also I sit on the slide out to put on my boots for skiing. Power seats are perfect to adjust to each driver. The Trail edition is great looking without all that chrome, running boards not required even though I'm only 5'8" - not a big deal, and the soft touch interior surfaces for elbows are comfortable. 4.0 L is plenty of power for me. Plenty of cup holders - great rear roll down window for air flow. Fantastic vehicle for outdoorsy type family who need to get off-road and beat around the town. I would buy another Trail Edition all over again."

Still best in class but a step down from previous

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Bigger inside, nav system is great. Mountain goat"

Cons: "Cheap plastic. Antenna from the 80'"

"I recently replaced a 2006 4runner with 92k for a 2010 4runner. My06 has been reliable, comfortable and trouble/rattle free. It was a great ride, even luxurious in some aspect. It did carry me regularly on mountain trails with all my gear, and as my daily commute was fast and nimble around town while still delivering 21mpg on average. The new one feel bigger, but also cheaper ( I am comparing 2 limited trim here). Toyota: why did you remove the embedded antenna and the hatch closing assist? What's up with the cheap plastic on the door panel? But worse: we now have to remove the skid plates to do an oil change? Seriously?"

2005 4-Runner better vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Toyota dependability."

Cons: "Toyota has sacrificed quality."

"Traded 2005 Limited with 72,000 miles for SR5 with luxury pkg. Big mistake. In the 7 yrs. between purchases Toyota has sacrificed quality. V8 no longer an option, no lighted running boards, rear cargo door no longer pulls in & latches, no cross members on roof rack, more plastic interior (05 had at least padded door sills & dashboard. No more screen in cargo area that pulled out to put packages or valuables out of sight. These were things that set it apart from other SUV's. Handling is inferior to 2005 also."

Love It

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Options, Reliable, Smooth Ride"

Cons: "Leather cheap, Missing some nice options"

"I traded a 09 tahoe LTZ for a Limited 4Runner! I absolutely love it. Rides smooth, great navigation, bluetooth phone. The USB feature for music is great! Overall I could not be happier! I feel like I have the most reliable SUV on the road but I still have the look, luxury feel, and the options. I miss two things from my luxury SUV: Memory seats and settings and rear hatch touch closing."