2012 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 185 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

They don't come any better than a 4Runner!!

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Strong and dependable and worth every dollar!"

Cons: "Externally operated gas access door."

"This is my second 4Runner (I had the first one for 13 years!) and I love this one also. It is comfortable, a joy to drive, and feels stong and dependable (Duh, it IS a Toyota!)I work them very hard in the woods, pulling a heavy trailer, and carrying loads for friends whose vehicles won't hold the items. It has operated flawlessly. The only thing I miss that my old one had is an internal gas access door. I do not like the gas access door being unlockable. Other than that, it is an investment that anyone who can afford one should consider."

Toyota Owner For Life

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Built to last, Smooth Ride."

Cons: "None."

"I have a 2005 SR5 4Runner, I have 113k miles on it and its still in immaculate condition. I cant imagine ever driving anything but a Toyota. We have a lot of Toyota's in my family. Just added a 2013 Rav4 to my household as well. Love that too. The quality of Toyota is hands down the best in the industry. They are built like tanks and go and go. I have never had any issues with my 4Runner what so ever, Just the routing maintenance. I highly recommend the 4Runner. The power of the V6 is incredible with an average of 23 MPG on the highway. Cant beat it."

My third Runner and it does not disappoint!!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Great ride with toughness, power, and quality."

Cons: "Tires are poor."

"This is my third Runner and so far it matches the previous ones. I work them really hard; pulling trees out of the woods, hauling gravel, manure, and wood in my utility trailer(and I tend to overload every time!). This Runner is a step up in the comfort, convenience accessories, and quality of ride. The only let down is the tires. They are very poorly rated and rightly so. I will soon replace them with Michelin MS2's or Firestone Destinations. For the price you cannot get better quality, resale value, or dependability."

Awesome vehicle and value for the dollar

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Excellent build and quality"

Cons: "No locking fuel filler"

"I own a 2013 limited for 1mo+ with 800 flawless miles, and I also still own a 2003 toyota 4R SR5 with 125+k flawless miles. I would have bought it in 2010, but they had took away the auto rear locking hatch and remote locking fuel filler door, so i waited for them to bring it back but they haven't. However, my wife wanted it, so i traded my '08 TSB & recall ridden and mechanically flawed pontiac and kept her 2003 Toyota 4R SR5 which i plan to own for another 5 years at least. And yes, it is, that sound and rock solid still. But upon close examination of the 2013 Toyota 4R, I came to find out the auto-locking rear hatch isn't really needed at all on the new model as it closes with the same ease as the previous. in fact, the previous one has been a hinderance because a couple ppl have slammed it in closing it, unawares that it is auto-self locking. Lucky for us it is Toyota build quility, and nothing at all has happened as a result. As for the lack of a locking fuel door, I installed a stant locking gas cap with no adverse or service engine light issues so far whatsoever. But yes, they need to bring the old locking fuel filler door back for convenience sake. I also though the quality of the plastic on the interior of the new one was of inferior quality, until I brought it home and compared it with the old one, side by side. Happy to say they both appear to have the same lvl of quality except for the glove box door, which is substantially lighter than the old one. It is however excellent quality, and a much better fit and finish than the vehicle i traded it for, and on which I had to replace the globe box lock that fell apart when it was less than a year of ownership. The factory paint job is Toyota flawless quality, but the dealer prep was lacking, as I had tar over-spray in the driver's bottom rocker panel that they didn't remove after washing. The factory does apply special paint protection treatment to the bottom of vehicle to protect against chips and stones that looks like a defect or paint ripples, but trust me it is not, and i have that on my 10 year old 4R as well. I must say that after having spent 30+ years in the automotive service industry, and owning many different type & brands of vehicles, the new Toyota 4R still gets my nod of approval for mechanical and workmanship excellence."

Toyota 4Runner - the most reliable suv on the road

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "4x4, lots of fun"

"Great vehicle! Looks great, handles great and can do anything you ask it to do. Fantastic interior with good looks."