2012 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

2012 Trail Edition - my dream vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "4WD, black bumpers, cargo deck"

Cons: "sunglass holder?"

"I bought the Trail edition in excellent used condition. I've owned a Sequoia, Highlander, Camry, and a Corolla, but this is just right for my family of four, including two teenagers. The Sequoia was just too large for my day to day. 4WD works well during the Michigan snow storms and traveling through the wooded trails to prepare for a hike. Crawl control and the unique settings for mud, rock, etc. are a bonus. Water resistant seats are perfect for an outdoorsy lifestyle and am enjoying the XM satellite radio is great with the sound system. I prefer the black bumpers and exterior black trim; can't stand all the scratches on a painted bumper. The body looks cool - I receive compliments frequently. Gas mileage is not ideal around town, but I can get 22/23 driving around 60mph. The body on frame feels safe and sturdy with not a lot of road or wind noise - just a slight hum from the tires. Plenty of cargo room, especially when the back seats are folded. The party mode is pretty cool for tailgating, and the slide out cargo deck is pretty useful. I pull out the deck, place the heavy items on it, then slide into the truck. Also I sit on the slide out to put on my boots for skiing. Power seats are perfect to adjust to each driver. The Trail edition is great looking without all that chrome, running boards not required even though I'm only 5'8" - not a big deal, and the soft touch interior surfaces for elbows are comfortable. 4.0 L is plenty of power for me. Plenty of cup holders - great rear roll down window for air flow. Fantastic vehicle for outdoorsy type family who need to get off-road and beat around the town. I would buy another Trail Edition all over again."

Really really nice dependable vehicle.

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

"I love this vehicle, will probably buy another before I'm done."

Avid Off Road Explorer South Mt. Baker

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive and a real off road SUV!"

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"I've had this vehicle for a year and out of 18 camping trips and day hikes I can say wow...lots of room for storage for four folks as well as carry-in fire wood. I have the KDSS and really like the ride and off-road prowess. Sound system is the best I've ever had. Navigation accurate. Seats are sooo nice!"

WE LOVE THIS VEHICLE

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "Just a great all around dependible vehicle"

Cons: "No storage under the floor in back"

"I have a 2014 Limited and traded in a 2010 Subaru Outback Limited on it. We needed more towing power and decided on the 4runner Limited. I live in eastern Minnesota and had to take 4 trips out to SD with it. I found out that if I drove it between 60-63 MPH I will get almost 24 MPG in 0 deg. temp. Pretty much ideal driving conditions flat roads with not too much stopping. I wish it had storage under the floor in the back and maybe a power lift gate. The vehicle has a nice but firmer ride and is pretty quiet inside. The seats are comfortable but pretty high to get into especially for a shorter person, Running boards help! Overall we really like this vehicle and we would buy another one. This one will surely outlast my wife and I so this one just might be the only and last one."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive!!"

Cons: "Would like a little better gas mileage"

"Recently purchased to travel back and forth to work appoximately 120 miles per day, very comfortable also affords me peace of mind in bad weather conditions."

Realiable

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "More Spacious than our 2007 4runner"

Cons: "needs More power ports up front"

"It is bigger than our 2007 4runner and still gets 21mpg. Haven't had a single problem with it in 2 years. Power is good, brakes a little touchy but you get use to it."

Love my 4runner!

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable car, great everyday driver"

Cons: "No air vents in rear of vehicle"

"I absolutely love my 4runner. It drives really nice and is comfortable for long or short drives. I have a family of 5, two of which are teenagers and everyone rides comfortably together, which is important! The only thing I wish my 4runner had was a power lift gate and that there were air vents located in the rear for my kids who sit in the 3rd row seat."

Does Not Meet My Expectations

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

"This is my first Toyota after owning 5 Chevys and a Ford. I had high expectations for this vehicle as it has one of the best reputations for reliability of any vehicle on the market and is a legendary nameplate. Cons: I had to have my front differential and driver’s side axle replaced due to a failed bearing inside the carrier at only 13,000 miles. There are squeaks in behind the dash, in the armrest, in the moon roof, and in the seat. I have more paint chips and scratches after one year than is acceptable. The trailer hitch is almost covered in surface rust after one year. The interior silver trim pieces are scratched from using the brush on my vacuum one time. Acceleration is adequate if you really push it, but due to throttle mapping, it feels incredibly slow and uninspiring. Plug for trailer lights is hidden under the bumper. Pros: Feels very rugged and mechanically very tight. Great dog vehicle to the roll-down rear window. Ground clearance is incredible for a vehicle with standard tires and wheels. Traction in bad weather is the best I’ve experienced. Fantastic aftermarket and loyal online followers. Looks great working hard or in the city on a date night. Simple, proven engine and transmission. Unique. The only comparable vehicle is the XTerra, which is in dire need of an update."

My favorite car ever owned

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent off road/ in bad weather"

Cons: "gas millage isn't as good as it could be"

"Great car!!! Only down side is the gas millage I go 26 miles round trip to work 70% highway 30% city and I only get 17 mpg. I don't have a lead foot, I try to be conservative with the accelerator and brake. My old car (similar size, different brand) used to get 21 mpg average over the same route. I will be buying another one when this lease is up!!"

Hands down ..best vehicle ever !

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "road command, ride quality, off road capabilities"

Cons: "gas mileage & optional features."

"I have very little experience with this vehicle but I am just feeling overwhelmed by my 4runner. I just love it's legacy & both the packages ( interior & exterior ) are perfect. Though there could have been couple of more features like power lift gate & blind spot or lane departure warning, but one mustn't forget that it's a truck & it does more than justice to it's name. I strongly recommend this vehicle. I am just feeling awesome after getting this vehicle.Stands true to it's tagline "Keep it wild !!!""