2011 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 197 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Excellent Vehicle - Tough to compare to others

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, very capable & reliable"

Cons: "No remote fuel filler latch. Only 5 gears."

"I replaced a Lexus IS350 with this so performance & handling are vastly different. The 4Runner will GO if you push it but it's no speed demon - but that's not what it's for. I find that it can get squirrelly when you go much above 80 - particularly on windy days. That aside I am very pleased with driving characteristics. Decent turning radius, smooth ride. Handles potholes a lot better that the old IS did. The ability to flip into 4wd is what I wanted and this baby does not disappoint. It will go nearly anywhere. I see a significant improvement in MPG at 75mph vs 80mph. Would love to have one more gear but the 5 are very well spaced & perform very well. Some of the interior could use softer touch materials but I bought it knowing about this so I'll end that whine here. Like many others I find no viable excuse for the absence of a remote fuel door release. Roomy, comfortable, very capable & outstanding reliability. Will keep this baby for a long time."

Awesome vehicle and value for the dollar

By on Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pros: "Excellent build and quality"

Cons: "No locking fuel filler"

"I own a 2013 limited for 1mo+ with 800 flawless miles, and I also still own a 2003 toyota 4R SR5 with 125+k flawless miles. I would have bought it in 2010, but they had took away the auto rear locking hatch and remote locking fuel filler door, so i waited for them to bring it back but they haven't. However, my wife wanted it, so i traded my '08 TSB & recall ridden and mechanically flawed pontiac and kept her 2003 Toyota 4R SR5 which i plan to own for another 5 years at least. And yes, it is, that sound and rock solid still. But upon close examination of the 2013 Toyota 4R, I came to find out the auto-locking rear hatch isn't really needed at all on the new model as it closes with the same ease as the previous. in fact, the previous one has been a hinderance because a couple ppl have slammed it in closing it, unawares that it is auto-self locking. Lucky for us it is Toyota build quility, and nothing at all has happened as a result. As for the lack of a locking fuel door, I installed a stant locking gas cap with no adverse or service engine light issues so far whatsoever. But yes, they need to bring the old locking fuel filler door back for convenience sake. I also though the quality of the plastic on the interior of the new one was of inferior quality, until I brought it home and compared it with the old one, side by side. Happy to say they both appear to have the same lvl of quality except for the glove box door, which is substantially lighter than the old one. It is however excellent quality, and a much better fit and finish than the vehicle i traded it for, and on which I had to replace the globe box lock that fell apart when it was less than a year of ownership. The factory paint job is Toyota flawless quality, but the dealer prep was lacking, as I had tar over-spray in the driver's bottom rocker panel that they didn't remove after washing. The factory does apply special paint protection treatment to the bottom of vehicle to protect against chips and stones that looks like a defect or paint ripples, but trust me it is not, and i have that on my 10 year old 4R as well. I must say that after having spent 30+ years in the automotive service industry, and owning many different type & brands of vehicles, the new Toyota 4R still gets my nod of approval for mechanical and workmanship excellence."

Toyota 4Runner - the most reliable suv on the road

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "4x4, lots of fun"

"Great vehicle! Looks great, handles great and can do anything you ask it to do. Fantastic interior with good looks."

Very happy with 2011 4Runner

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Big, solid, spacious vehicle with room for cargo"

Cons: "Audio system a bit primitive"

"I've been driving this vehicle for only 6,000 miles/ 6 months but I know I will always like it. I traded a Lexus GS430, that was a great car but I wanted back into an SUV. My last SUV was a BMW X5 so I was a little worried that the Toyota would seem cheap by comparison. In short I can tell the difference in ride stiffness but I paid tens of thousands less and I am happy with the 4Runner, no regrets. The controls for the radio and iPod and the AUX and Bluetooth connections are a little odd but other than that no complaints. I wish I hadn't taken the third row, I never use it. Styling is great, much improved over past years. I get about 20-21 MPG on the road, but my driving mix is mostly highway."

Dependable, reliable, a necessity

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "can't find any yet"

"This vehicle is so dependable. In the snow, on the beach, or on the highway, the comfort and reliability of this vehicle makes me and my family feel safe. I have been on the beach in the outer banks and in assateague with no problems. I have taken it hunting, haul my kayaks, and I am going across the country in december. I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone."