2011 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Comfortable ride for a 4x4

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, well placed interior"

Cons: "Didn't come with a cute blonde chick in the passenger seat."

"Smooth, quiet going down the road, my limited has all the creature comforts that a week-day commuter/Week-end Warrior could want. With an overall average of 22 mpg (city and hwy), I couldn't be more pleased with the 2010 4Runner we picked up used as a CPO vehicle."

Love my 4Runner, Again!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Safety, smooth ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Deck lid difficult to close"

"I traded my 2004 4Runner, which I also bought new, for the 2011 SR5 version with a few perks. I absolutely love it and have not been disappointed in the least with my purchase. The only part of the new one I like less than my previous version is that the deck lid on my truck does not close automatically and it takes a bit of a shove to close it all the way. I feel very safe in this vehicle and love the way it drives and rides. I am a believer!"

Nice vehicle

By on Sunday, June 05, 2011

Pros: "good overall suv"

Cons: "seatbelts!"

"I bought the 2010 Limited 2 wd 4 runner about 1 year ago. Overall it is nice. A 8 cyl would be better but it does have decent pick up. I get about 18 mpg around town, 25-28 on the highway. A little cheap on the interior but again it's decent. The seatbelts tend to twist when removed and is kind of annoying when you go to put them back on. The doors sound a bit tinny when opened, my daughters 2007 is more solid and the Limited then came with wood grain on the interior. The paint is excellent as on most foreign cars. Power tailgate would be nice! And remote start! Maybe 2011's have it!"

Just about my dream SUV

By on Saturday, June 04, 2011

"I have the 2010 Limited 4 Runner with 3rd row seats. Wanted the 3rd row for extra seating - not mandatory seating so the fact that you have less then a foot of "trunk" space when 3rd row is up is not a problem for me but definitely would be if you needed that space. The space when all the seats are down is crazy (I've put in 2 twin box springs without hesitation). I've previously owned a 2003 Limited V8 and have found the 4 runner to be the best vehicle I've had no matter the year. It's beefy body makes me feel safe and I know all the off roading options on there and air bags are actually going to keep me safe. I'm in my car for 2 hours each day and never get uncomfortable in the car. I heard the "wind" noise everyone talks about but after a week quit hearing it - it's called a radio - it's really not that bad. Pros: much roomier then the older models and other mid size SUVs like the Mariner (owned and hated). 2nd row has just as much space and has sliding seats which provide even more space. Lots of features for off roading. Decent gas mileage for its size - I average 17.5 and drive highway and city. AC outlets so no converters. The sound system sounds so good people ask me what I've put in ther (nothing). 4 window automatic windows (it's the little things). Cons: Lumbar support seams to creek at least once every trip. Slip control seems odd - ocassionally when stoped on a hill if I push the gas pedal just so it starts to "slip" Toyota says it's operating like it should but the 03 never did that. Not easy to get into the 3rd row - kids or small adults only. No storage with 3rd row up. Bottom line: you may pay more for the 4Runner with all the options than its peer but you get what you pay for. The 4runner is going to hold its value and last longer than those "good deals." I've owned the car for less than a year and already owe what it's still worth - says a lot with the typical first year depreciation."

Overall OK

By on Thursday, March 24, 2011

"With 197,000 on our GMC Envoy we took a leap of faith in purchasing our 4-Runner, not to mention a deal we couldn't refuse. Overall, it's a good vehicle. Great ride, quiet, typical SUV gas mileage, and have had several occasions to use the 3rd row seating. 3 negatives. 1. As a petite woman, the extremely narrow running boards are useless for getting out of the car, and have a lot of difficulty getting in as well. I would suggest a woman contemplating this car to try it out wearing a skirt! 2. The turning radius isn't nearly as good as the Envoy. 3. Orange display lights very difficult to see in the daylight. Lastly we were disappointed we had to purchase options that were standard on many other SUV's. Do your homework."