2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

6.5? Really KBB? This 4Runner is the best!

By on Monday, October 24, 2016

Pros: "Off roading, fun to drive, looks great, reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage only ok for the 4x4, stock tires poor"

"Go anywhere, sleep in the back. Haul whatever you need up to 5000lbs. 4x4 Tahoe, Honda Pilot, Hyundai Santa Fe, 4x4 Suburban and 4x4 Expedition- my 2015 4Runner Limited has pulled them all out of Tennessee snow and mud. This thing just won't get stuck and can climb almost everything my buddy's Wrangler can. Throw on a set of all terrain tires onto the stock wheels to replace the terrible factory ones and you've got yourself a beastly offroad capable SUV that still looks fantastic on the street and drives/rides great. Plus this thing will never break down and retains it value better than any other SUV, on par with the four door wranglers."

Does Not Meet My Expectations

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"This is my first Toyota after owning 5 Chevys and a Ford. I had high expectations for this vehicle as it has one of the best reputations for reliability of any vehicle on the market and is a legendary nameplate. Cons: I had to have my front differential and driver’s side axle replaced due to a failed bearing inside the carrier at only 13,000 miles. There are squeaks in behind the dash, in the armrest, in the moon roof, and in the seat. I have more paint chips and scratches after one year than is acceptable. The trailer hitch is almost covered in surface rust after one year. The interior silver trim pieces are scratched from using the brush on my vacuum one time. Acceleration is adequate if you really push it, but due to throttle mapping, it feels incredibly slow and uninspiring. Plug for trailer lights is hidden under the bumper. Pros: Feels very rugged and mechanically very tight. Great dog vehicle to the roll-down rear window. Ground clearance is incredible for a vehicle with standard tires and wheels. Traction in bad weather is the best I’ve experienced. Fantastic aftermarket and loyal online followers. Looks great working hard or in the city on a date night. Simple, proven engine and transmission. Unique. The only comparable vehicle is the XTerra, which is in dire need of an update."

Dependable, reliable, a necessity

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "can't find any yet"

"This vehicle is so dependable. In the snow, on the beach, or on the highway, the comfort and reliability of this vehicle makes me and my family feel safe. I have been on the beach in the outer banks and in assateague with no problems. I have taken it hunting, haul my kayaks, and I am going across the country in december. I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone."

Fantastic truck

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

"I owned many cars mostly GM and Ford as well as Mercedes and Audi. I change my car every 18 to 24 months. This 4runner (my first Toyota) is here to stay. I love it."

4runners are not the toyota you used to know

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, higher"

Cons: "cheap paint, cheap materials, bad turning radius"

"This is my third 4runner and I am so disappointed. Since its bigger, the turning radius is difficult in tight areas. The paint is cheap and chips often and easily. The antenna is dated and clunky. The third row seating makes it uneven in the back so when you open the car door, everything falls out. The AC vent has been rattling for 7 months and the dealership (had it 5 times) still hasn't remedied it. The quality just isn't there anymore."