2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

My favorite vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, good gas mileage, not too pricey"

Cons: "I have no complaints about this vehicle."

"I have owned 3 SUV's - first a Sequoia, then a Highlander, and now a 4RUNNER. I enjoyed the Sequoia for its comfort and roominess, but it was a little too large for my needs. I got a Highlander, which drives like a car. I felt like I was sitting too low after being used to the Sequoia. I traded the Highlander for a 4Runner, and I love it. It is just the perfect size SUV for me."

Know what you want if going for the Trail Edition

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Locking Rear Diff and KDSS (Look it up, awesome)"

Cons: "Weak Sauce Tires, Braking Nose Dive"

"Great vehicle if you want to be able to keep up with your buddy's Jeep offroad (almost) without sacrificing too much when it comes to street comfort. The Trail Edition is definitely a compromise on the road versus the current SUV crop however once the going gets tough you simply will not need to worry. If you are comparing an Explorer, Subaru, and 4Runner you probably don't want the 4Runner (Trail Edition). Hope this helps."

Does Not Meet My Expectations

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

"This is my first Toyota after owning 5 Chevys and a Ford. I had high expectations for this vehicle as it has one of the best reputations for reliability of any vehicle on the market and is a legendary nameplate. Cons: I had to have my front differential and driver’s side axle replaced due to a failed bearing inside the carrier at only 13,000 miles. There are squeaks in behind the dash, in the armrest, in the moon roof, and in the seat. I have more paint chips and scratches after one year than is acceptable. The trailer hitch is almost covered in surface rust after one year. The interior silver trim pieces are scratched from using the brush on my vacuum one time. Acceleration is adequate if you really push it, but due to throttle mapping, it feels incredibly slow and uninspiring. Plug for trailer lights is hidden under the bumper. Pros: Feels very rugged and mechanically very tight. Great dog vehicle to the roll-down rear window. Ground clearance is incredible for a vehicle with standard tires and wheels. Traction in bad weather is the best I’ve experienced. Fantastic aftermarket and loyal online followers. Looks great working hard or in the city on a date night. Simple, proven engine and transmission. Unique. The only comparable vehicle is the XTerra, which is in dire need of an update."

Daily driver and trail warrior

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Rugged, reliable, good v6, genuine off road chops"

Cons: "paint, some interior plastics, no locking gas cap"

"If you are looking for something rugged, reliable, off-road capable yet a pleasant commuter than this is a good bet. I have the trail edition and it is aptly named. Can keep up with a jeep rubicon unlimited in most situations but drives far better when back on the pavement. V6 is designed for trucks, compared to almost all competitors with V6s designed for cars. Results in better low end torque. Fuel economy is decent given 9.6 inches of ground clearance, non all-season tires, and 4750lb curb weight. No problems after 41k miles, must of which driven in the harsh environments of northern Vermont. There are some downsides, namely: Paint chips/scratches easily Not as quiet as some competitors Hard plastics found in some of the less common touch points Gas cap doesn't lock (4th gen did!) If you can live with those, and want a real truck instead of a car based crossover, this is a great choice. Its also one of the last ones left!"

Just about my dream SUV

By on Saturday, June 04, 2011

"I have the 2010 Limited 4 Runner with 3rd row seats. Wanted the 3rd row for extra seating - not mandatory seating so the fact that you have less then a foot of "trunk" space when 3rd row is up is not a problem for me but definitely would be if you needed that space. The space when all the seats are down is crazy (I've put in 2 twin box springs without hesitation). I've previously owned a 2003 Limited V8 and have found the 4 runner to be the best vehicle I've had no matter the year. It's beefy body makes me feel safe and I know all the off roading options on there and air bags are actually going to keep me safe. I'm in my car for 2 hours each day and never get uncomfortable in the car. I heard the "wind" noise everyone talks about but after a week quit hearing it - it's called a radio - it's really not that bad. Pros: much roomier then the older models and other mid size SUVs like the Mariner (owned and hated). 2nd row has just as much space and has sliding seats which provide even more space. Lots of features for off roading. Decent gas mileage for its size - I average 17.5 and drive highway and city. AC outlets so no converters. The sound system sounds so good people ask me what I've put in ther (nothing). 4 window automatic windows (it's the little things). Cons: Lumbar support seams to creek at least once every trip. Slip control seems odd - ocassionally when stoped on a hill if I push the gas pedal just so it starts to "slip" Toyota says it's operating like it should but the 03 never did that. Not easy to get into the 3rd row - kids or small adults only. No storage with 3rd row up. Bottom line: you may pay more for the 4Runner with all the options than its peer but you get what you pay for. The 4runner is going to hold its value and last longer than those "good deals." I've owned the car for less than a year and already owe what it's still worth - says a lot with the typical first year depreciation."

Good Choice

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"I have had a 2011 SR5 for about four months it has exceeded my high expectations. You will not regret this purchase. Ride is high and solid, all of the ergonomics are superb. It has already proven tough and durable in difficult highway situations."

SAFEST and SHARPEST SUV I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Exterior is sharp and sturdy"

Cons: "a slight hesitation when I accelerate fast"

My new best friend!

"I adore my 4Runner. I am a former owner of 4 Ford Explorers over 15 years. When they changed the body style in 2012, it looked more like a bubble than an SUV, and I was mortified. It was smaller, and it looked as if it were a crossover, not a real SUV. I hated the grill; I hated the whole look of it. Not to mention,because my last Explorer, an Eddie Bauer loaded, had to have a new transmission right before I sold it along with $4,000 of other repairs the last 2 years I owned it, I decided to jump ship and go to one of the only real SUV truck body types left, the 4Runner. I have never been so thrilled with a vehicle in my life. It's a beautiful machine, and people just stare at it when I drive by. Also, I feel very safe and am happy to trust my children to its protection. I am as big as most other vehicles on the road, so this also makes me feel confident my family is safe. There's a steel plate on the bottom of the vehicle which is there for off road driving, which I don't do. Yet, this just further convinces me my family is in a tank, and I love that! I love my 4RUNNER! Goodbye and good riddance FORD! You can keep your wimpy Explorer and it's too small Ranger Truck transmission,for which you need a machine to change the fluid. I will be smiling as I drive my Big, Sturdy, Safe, and sooo Sharp 4 RUNNER!!!"

My new best friend!

Paint quality is very cheap.

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

"i bought a black 2012 Toyota 4-Runner in September 2012. The vehicle is perfect, but the paint quality is very cheap. After the first wash, I noticed a bunch of lines on the body of the vehicle. Due to the paint quality, I already have a significant amount of scratches. The worst is that when trying to use some type of scratches remover, the paint tends to fade away."

BUY THIS TRUCK!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, looks of the limited, space and reliability"

Cons: "Can be a bit bumpier than the car built SUV's"

"I have bought and owned 26 cars and trucks.. this is #1 for me. I recently traded my 2013 Mercedes E350 (LOVED THE CAR).. but needed to downsize on expenses along with get a car/truck that had room for larger items along with wanting to get back into an SUV. MOST SUV's now look like they're for women (no offense) - and will not pull anything nor made for off road. While I'm rarely off road, I do like the fact this one is made for it - I will make a point to get this off road as much as possible! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Despite the price (and you can get them down 3K or so), YOU GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF IT and save THOUSANDS on depreciation because of its re sale value, NOT to mention you will have your Ford, Nissan, KIA or whatever in the SHOP getting repairs done.. they don't come close to the dependability and reliability. The ride is FINE.. it's a truck/SUV.. not a Lexus or a "ladies Mall SUV". It's a truck. All of these reviews beating it up for its ride comparing it to an Explorer or Pathfinder.. they're not competing with them, it's a TRUCK made to tow, go off road and yes go to the grocery store and bring back your goodies. When you do the math on how much this will truly cost you to drive per year and compare it to the others, there is NO comparison - none. And I love the LIMITED version (I don't care for the front of the SR5 at all.. man Toyota, change that - that's a mistake). But the looks of the limited is really slick, Toyota did a great job of upgrading the interior along with some great body lines on the exterior. Fantastic truck.. I'm not sure i'll drive anything else going forward!!"

Rollover accident - this 4Runner was great

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "great value, very safe, reliable, nice features"

"My 2012 4Runner SR5 4x4 was hit by someone running a red light at 45mph. She t-boned me, and I flipped onto the roof. I remember every detail, and walked away unscathed (albeit really sore). When I went to look at the 4Runner at the tow facility a couple of days later, the exterior was trashed of course, but the interior was in perfect condition. The frame held up perfectly, it didn't cave or dent at all. I am very grateful, and plan on getting a new 2014 4Runner as a replacement."