2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 197 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

My 2005 4Runner Limited was much better

By on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pros: "Its new and has bluetooth."

Cons: "The engine is wimpy."

"The V6 engine is a dog and gets worse mileage (15 mpg) than my old 2005 4Runner with a V8 engine and got 18 mpg on average."

Not as Happy as I thought I'd be

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

Pros: "It's a pretty car/truck and it drives well"

Cons: "It's totally lacking in technology"

"After owning a 2006 Highlander and then a 2013 Nissan Armada, we decided to go a little smaller again, but, with the truck feel and therefore bought the 2016 4Runner Limited edition. LIMITED ? We thought we had all the options that SHOULD come with a Limited edition ( as we had with our Armada - Platinum ) The major thing this car is lacking is that of its technology. No heated steering wheel and no automatic fold-in mirrors. The Nissan is far more superior in it's technology. The memory seats are not exactly 'memory'. It doesn't have an automatic lift gate for the 'trunk' door. It only has 1 temp. control. The sensors do not always work. The break peddle squeaks ( we're told that's normal ). The back-up camera often gets blurry. The touch screen doesn't always work and often hard to operate. The heated seat on the passenger side is not as heated as the driver side. And this is just to name a few. We've had the car back to the dealer about 4 - 5+ times already since February and they say they can't find anything wrong ? I suppose the car is ok if you're not used to all the bells and whistles as we were with the Nissan. Next car will be another Nissan !"

Only 300 miles on the Limited but, I love it.

By on Saturday, August 13, 2016

Pros: "Great price for what you get standard."

Cons: "None yet!"

"This is probably the nicest vehicle I have ever bought. I disagree with the experts on the road handling of the Limited. I drove it 200 miles on the highway and it handles like a champ. It didn't have any problems going up and down the mountains. The handling was awesome. Love all the standard features, too. Only reason I gave it a 9 is because I've only had it a short while. I'm sure it will be a 10 in 6 months."

Had a 2004 4 runner. Purchased a 2013 Limited.

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability"

"The 4Runner is the best SUV you can buy. This is my second 4 runner and I could'nt be happier."

My second 5th generation 4Runner

By on Thursday, April 14, 2016

Pros: "Ruggedness, power, comfort, convenience"

Cons: "5 speed (should have 6 speed at a minimum."

"I purchased a 2010 4Runner when the new 5th generation was introduced. It was an SR5 with part-time 4WD. While I absolutely loved everything about the vehicle, my wife drove it more than I and she did not like having to stop to shift it into 4WD when the roads were snowy/icy. We traded it in after two years of ownership. Fast-forward to 2015 and while looking for a Toyota Sequoia, we saw the 4Runner Limited sitting on the dealer lot and drove off with it a few hours later. This vehicle is not for everyone, so if you're looking to purchase a 4Runner, here are some helpful tips: This is a truck. It's very high off the ground and can be hard to enter/exit (small children need help getting in and out). If you have back problems, getting in can be difficult. This is not an issue for me, but wanted you to be aware. Regarding the 4Runner being a truck, it's body on frame design. This means you don't have to worry about shaking things loose when driving over bumpy roads or terrain. It's solid, and durable. Unlike cross-over or uni-body SUVs, you never have to worry about breaking something loose if you hit a bump. It drives like a truck, feels like a truck, and sits high off the ground like a truck. If you don't like trucks, don't buy the 4Runner. If you want a vehicle that feels powerful with a slight push of the accelerator, you may be disappointed. However, the 4Runner has great power (270 HP 278 lbs torque). I've heard from most people who take one for a test drive that they're not happy with the power. However, the 4Runner has Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence (VVTI) and is meant to feel less powerful at times. It provides less power when you don't need power, and an extremely high amount of power when you do need it. When you need power, it's very simple. You just press down on the pedal more. The pickup in this vehicle is amazing, and the engine sounds like a powerful sports car. I haven't met anyone who has driven this vehicle for a good amount of time talk badly about the power. If gas mileage is a top priority for you, you'll be disappointed. I average about 16 MPG in mixed driving (around 18-20 when driving on highways). You'll make frequent stops at the gas station. The 4WD system can take you anywhere. Face it, the 4Runner is a beast in the snow. It can go anywhere, any time. My favorite thing to do is stopping the middle of a hill in the snow, and then flooring it to go up the hill. Visibility is amazing when sitting in the cockpit. You have a great view of the road and everything around you. Very few blind spots, and the sunroof is extremely large (trust me, you'll want a sunroof in this vehicle). One of my favorite things about the 4Runner is the power rear window. Even though it's not recommended due to fumes, I love driving around on a hot summer day with the sunroof open, and all five windows rolled down. It's the closest thing you can get to having a convertible, and I enjoy every minute of it. I hope these tips help."