2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reliable, low maint., great value, comfortable

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive."

Cons: "With recent snowy days, a remote start help."

"Great vehicle. Extremely comfortable to drive and ride in for any distance. Good mileage for a larger vehicle. Am trading in for a new one just like it because I can. Vehicle holds value very well."

Too bad, could have been perfect...

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Reason: poor handling, useless 4WD

Pros: "Great quality, good looks"

Cons: "Poor driving and handling, useless 4WD"

"I traded-in this car about 1 year after I bought it. Never done that with any car before. So let's see: Pros: solid build, nice exterior looks, one of the most reliable vehicles you can find on the market, good re-sale value, great off-road capability (or so they say...). Cons: 1) This vehicle has the worst handling of any vehicle I ever drove. It leans in corners, constantly wobbles on uneven pavement, nose-dives when you break. You can't drive relaxed, you have to be on a constant alert. I understand it's a truck designed for off-road use, but even so it stands out as one of the worst in its class; 2) The 4WD system is useless except if you drive in snow, mud or on any slippery surface for an extended time. The manual says you can't drive on hard surfaces in 4WD mode because it will wear and damage the gears. Fine, but here's the catch: you have to drive minimum 10 miles per month in 4WD to keep the front drive lubricated. Where? Also, what do you choose for light or partial snow, 2WD or 4WD? You decide, I couldn't figure out; 3) The rear drive shaft needs to be lubricated every 10000 miles or 5000 miles if you drive on salty roads. If you don't plan to do that yourself the cost is approx. $50 at the dealer; 4) Despite being rated at 270 hp this vehicle feels slow, especially at moderate speeds (30-40mph). Once you get past that point the acceleration is OK; 4) Changing the oil is difficult because you have to remove a plastic shield and one of the skid plates in order to access the oil filter and plug; 5) The access to third row (if equipped) is difficult and can only be done from the right-side rear door; 6) When you get in the driver's seat your right knee will almost certainly hit the fan speed knob; 7) As soon as you start driving, a strange sound comes from the ignition key area (just one time, for a fraction of a second). I could also hear sharp crack-like sounds coming from the right-side front door panel which would subside after a while; 8) When you turn the heat on, an oil-like smell comes through the vents; 9) When a tiny paint chip came off the hood I noticed the color paint film was very thin. This doesn't necessarily mean the paint system/quality is bad. Some of the cons listed here are inherent to the type of drive system this vehicle is equipped with. I'm not trying to bash the 4Runner, it may turn out to be a great vehicle for you. I just want you to know what you are buying. I wish I knew all these before I bought."

Super value Why get anything else?

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, solid performance"

Cons: "NOT A ONE"

"I have driven 4Runners for over 15 years and am not disappointed with my 2011 in any area. It has lots of power and the handling is superb. I had a 1997 for 13 years and this one is on track to outdo it in many areas. I tow a heavy utility trailer often and it handles all situations with aplomb. My adult sons are so impressed with it that they drive it every chance they get."

can't wait to drive it love it

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "very versitile"

Cons: "more pickup"

"I previously owned a 2005 Nissan xterra loved the car not the issues that came along with it , Nissan doesn't stand behind there vehicles. I replaced a transmission and number 2 was going too. I have owned Toyota vehicles in the past and should have never left them love my new runner only con is wish it had better pick up."

Fantastic truck

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"I owned many cars mostly GM and Ford as well as Mercedes and Audi. I change my car every 18 to 24 months. This 4runner (my first Toyota) is here to stay. I love it."

Love it!!!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and very comfortable"

Cons: "could use better tires from the factory"

"This is my first Toyota and I am in love with this vehicle. A lot of my friends kept telling me to buy one but I waited and waited. I am so glad to finally make the change over to Toyota. Love the 4Runner!!!"

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "MPG 22 highway. Rides very smooth and great seats."

Cons: "MPG 12 when towing a 5K lb trailer."

"I have pulled a 5000 lb plus trailer across the US and Canada with out any problems at all. Off road driving is great and gets me places with it's high clearance that few vehicles can go. A lot more comfortable that any other 4 wheel drive vehicle I have owned."

2005 4-Runner better vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Toyota dependability."

Cons: "Toyota has sacrificed quality."

"Traded 2005 Limited with 72,000 miles for SR5 with luxury pkg. Big mistake. In the 7 yrs. between purchases Toyota has sacrificed quality. V8 no longer an option, no lighted running boards, rear cargo door no longer pulls in & latches, no cross members on roof rack, more plastic interior (05 had at least padded door sills & dashboard. No more screen in cargo area that pulled out to put packages or valuables out of sight. These were things that set it apart from other SUV's. Handling is inferior to 2005 also."

Nice mid size SUV

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Luxury with durability and dependability"

"I was in the market for a truck and tried out several makes and models but nothing tripped my trigger. I owned a Tahoe in the past but didn't like the size, too big. My wife has a 2011 Honda CR-V EX-L and this, although an awesome vehicle, is too small for me. The Toyota 4 Runner Limited has all the bells and whistles, is Toyota dependable, rides nice and has plenty of room but is not difficult to park etc due to its size. I live in Wisconsin so the 4 wheel drive comes in handy and this vehicle is still true 4 wheel drive versus AWD. So in conclusion I have a decked out SUV, the durability of a truck, and the security of Toyota quality. The bad.....6 cylinder versus a V8. I think a more powerful V8 would put this SUV into another class. The 6 cylinder does put out an impressive 270 hp and winter average of 18 mpg though."

Worst toyota I have owned....

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Bigger interior than previous generation."

Cons: "Everything... This is a do not buy car."

"I bought my 2010 4 runner to replace an amazing 2006 4 runner. That was a big mistake..... The 2010 is bigger inside, is a little more comfortable, but compare to my 2006, is a piece of junk! Everything is cute rate compare to the previous generation... The engine / transmission are obsolete and make for a slow commute. Seriously: where are the HP in this car? This thing is slow.... The turn radius is pathetic compare to the previous generation, the gas mileage is poor (18.4 MPG is the BEST I ever had). Reliability has been poor: Electrical problems, transmission not shifting, brake pedal feel like a sponge under my foot,... Did I mention it's under powered?"

See if you qualify for