2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Great SUV

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Handling in the snow"

Cons: "Interior - Temp Control"

"Love almost everything about this SUV. Drives perfectly in the snow, ice, rain, and mud. The only thing I've been a bit disappointed about would have to be the interior. It looks a bit cheap and no temperature control.. come'on Toyota I expected a bit more. Exterior of car looks beastly and rugged! Will never go anything but Toyota (suv’s).. Not one problem."

Great truck

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Cons: "No climate control, taken off from previous model."

"This truck is solid, reliable and can get through anything. Versatile driving options,roomy and has a nice ride for long trips. Love it!"

Much Better than my 2012 Wrangler!!!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Sturdiness, reliability, front grill -- the grill"

Cons: "Power is limited -- gas mileadge"

"Bought a 2014 Trail edition and just love the thing -- you can tell it's built like a tank and will last for many years. I had a new 2012 Rubi, and in the first year, the head went bad and the drive bolt shafts sheared off. Are you kidding me??? Before that I had a 97 Wrangler I just adored. So long Jeepers...this thing will last a lifetime. I haven't taken it crawling yet, but in the snowy CO mountains it has been unstoppable and worry free. Agree that the power could be a little better -- of course it's going to to ride like an SUV. So if you're OK with that, I say go for it. All my friends who have one say 200k miles are worry free; I've never had an American car last more than 120k without major power-train issues. Toyota as me sold...also hear that 2016 may be the last year of production for the 4R...sigh."

Solid, tough, 4WD performing, power-towing, beast.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Tough, powerful towing, built solid, dependable."

Cons: "Not super-comfortable, especially in the back."

"If you need or want dependable power and great driving in snow, gravel, dirt and you want some of the amenities of a comfortable SUV, then this is a great one. I totally agree with the comments that if you want a super-comfortable car-like ride, then this is definitely not the vehicle for you. We take it on long trips (12-16 hrs. driving a day) and it is okay, but not super-comfortable. Riders in the back seats bounce a little on the stiff suspension. However, we've been in the Rocky Mountains during snowstorms a few times and this SUV is awesome in those conditions. The ABS system performs really well on ice (which saved me from hitting a car this year!). The interior and exterior are built tough. We've driven the heck out of our 4Runner for 2 years and it still looks pretty new. Leather holding up well. Interior holding up well. Nothing has broken. The rear wiper is a little inadequate, but okay. Tires still good. It's overkill for an around town vehicle or commuter vehicle, but great for towing our camper and boat and when the weather gets bad. We got a Prius too to balance out the MPG (which isn't too bad). We've loaded it down with people and luggage and still get about 21 mpg on the highway."

Reliable, low maint., great value, comfortable

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive."

Cons: "With recent snowy days, a remote start help."

"Great vehicle. Extremely comfortable to drive and ride in for any distance. Good mileage for a larger vehicle. Am trading in for a new one just like it because I can. Vehicle holds value very well."

Too bad, could have been perfect...

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Reason: poor handling, useless 4WD

Pros: "Great quality, good looks"

Cons: "Poor driving and handling, useless 4WD"

"I traded-in this car about 1 year after I bought it. Never done that with any car before. So let's see: Pros: solid build, nice exterior looks, one of the most reliable vehicles you can find on the market, good re-sale value, great off-road capability (or so they say...). Cons: 1) This vehicle has the worst handling of any vehicle I ever drove. It leans in corners, constantly wobbles on uneven pavement, nose-dives when you break. You can't drive relaxed, you have to be on a constant alert. I understand it's a truck designed for off-road use, but even so it stands out as one of the worst in its class; 2) The 4WD system is useless except if you drive in snow, mud or on any slippery surface for an extended time. The manual says you can't drive on hard surfaces in 4WD mode because it will wear and damage the gears. Fine, but here's the catch: you have to drive minimum 10 miles per month in 4WD to keep the front drive lubricated. Where? Also, what do you choose for light or partial snow, 2WD or 4WD? You decide, I couldn't figure out; 3) The rear drive shaft needs to be lubricated every 10000 miles or 5000 miles if you drive on salty roads. If you don't plan to do that yourself the cost is approx. $50 at the dealer; 4) Despite being rated at 270 hp this vehicle feels slow, especially at moderate speeds (30-40mph). Once you get past that point the acceleration is OK; 4) Changing the oil is difficult because you have to remove a plastic shield and one of the skid plates in order to access the oil filter and plug; 5) The access to third row (if equipped) is difficult and can only be done from the right-side rear door; 6) When you get in the driver's seat your right knee will almost certainly hit the fan speed knob; 7) As soon as you start driving, a strange sound comes from the ignition key area (just one time, for a fraction of a second). I could also hear sharp crack-like sounds coming from the right-side front door panel which would subside after a while; 8) When you turn the heat on, an oil-like smell comes through the vents; 9) When a tiny paint chip came off the hood I noticed the color paint film was very thin. This doesn't necessarily mean the paint system/quality is bad. Some of the cons listed here are inherent to the type of drive system this vehicle is equipped with. I'm not trying to bash the 4Runner, it may turn out to be a great vehicle for you. I just want you to know what you are buying. I wish I knew all these before I bought."

Super value Why get anything else?

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, solid performance"

Cons: "NOT A ONE"

"I have driven 4Runners for over 15 years and am not disappointed with my 2011 in any area. It has lots of power and the handling is superb. I had a 1997 for 13 years and this one is on track to outdo it in many areas. I tow a heavy utility trailer often and it handles all situations with aplomb. My adult sons are so impressed with it that they drive it every chance they get."

can't wait to drive it love it

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "very versitile"

Cons: "more pickup"

"I previously owned a 2005 Nissan xterra loved the car not the issues that came along with it , Nissan doesn't stand behind there vehicles. I replaced a transmission and number 2 was going too. I have owned Toyota vehicles in the past and should have never left them love my new runner only con is wish it had better pick up."

Fantastic truck

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"I owned many cars mostly GM and Ford as well as Mercedes and Audi. I change my car every 18 to 24 months. This 4runner (my first Toyota) is here to stay. I love it."

Love it!!!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and very comfortable"

Cons: "could use better tires from the factory"

"This is my first Toyota and I am in love with this vehicle. A lot of my friends kept telling me to buy one but I waited and waited. I am so glad to finally make the change over to Toyota. Love the 4Runner!!!"