2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Outstanding Bang for the buck

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Great ride"

Cons: "Tinny sound to the doors"

"Reliable, worry free transportation Maintain it right, should last 250k or more. Got 227k out of my 2004 Will buy another!"

Best Value

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

"I've wanted this truck ever since I can remember but since I wear I suit and tie to work my previous cars have been sedans and luxury vehicles. After having this SUV for two months I couldn't be any happier and I am looking forward to my first road trip."

Lovely car to own and solid in feel and safety.

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Handles easily, Inside spacious, a solid car!"

Cons: "Running boards more narrow than previous years."

"This car has only been serviced at the Toyota Dealership from which it was purchased."

Does not match up to the 2005 4Runner.

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Good Handlng; Smooth ride; Roomy;"

Cons: "OEM tires; ECO display; Sun Visor; Underpowered;"

"I have just had the first oil change on my 2014 4Runner Trail 4WD for which I traded my 2005 4Runner 4WD Sport. There are a large number of things I do not like about the 2014 model when compared to the 2005. It seems many things were cheapened. LIKES: •Rides very smoothly and handles very well. •Quite roomy for our purposes •Manual heating/cooling much better than the automatic •Time and temperature display can be seen in daylight unless headlights are on •Users manual has page number references •Evidently the rear tail gate no longer has a motorized closure; For the 2005 I spent $1200 on two occasions to have the closure mechanism repaired from the fine dust that entered from our unimproved roads that combined with rainwater. •12v, 110v, and USB outlets DISLIKES: •No bug screen. I did not realize how much that helped with the bugs on the windscreen •Sun visor has a funky small center pull out section which does absolutely no good; 2005 entire sun visor moved on its support and did the job plus it had a small auxiliary visor for the front which was very useful on our winding mountain roads at sunrise and sunset. •A stupid ECO display that tells me when I am accelerating takes up valuable instrument panel display area and is totally worthless and a waste of money. I really DO know when I am accelerating •No covers on storage compartments to keep items from falling out •Time and temperature display cannot be seen in daylight when headlights are on, but could not be seen at all on the 2005 in daylight. •The vehicle is underpowered and cannot easily climb a 20 percent grade on the unimproved road leading to my house. With a light ATV trailer I must be in second gear and in four wheel drive to crawl up •Outside mirror is easily moved when pushed on when mirror has been retracted. 2005 model was much more substantial •Gas cap no longer has a locking mechanism •OEM tires not made for unimproved roads. After 2,000 miles I was climbing the steep hill on the unimproved road to my house, which I drive daily. Something punctured the tire in the center of the tread to an extent that the tire could not be repaired, It forced me to purchase a new tire for a spare and trade in the entire set (for $50.00) for real tires. The same thing can be said for the quality of the OEM tires on the 2005 model; on two occasions, a tire shredded going down my road when they went flat and I did not realize it. •The KDSS is confusing and difficult to understand and seems to be a waste of money for a vehicle that is not routinely used off road. I do need the features to be used in deep snow in the northern mountains of NM. •Not any address can be entered into the Navigational system. If the address has no default it cannot be entered. I cannot enter the street number for a house that is in a long established area. •All four windows being fully automatic down is unnecessary and makes it difficult to crack the windows open to reduce heat buildup •Finally, the emergency kit and the first aid kit have been cheapened - both the contents ant the storage containers"

Great Value

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "It is fun to drive"

Cons: "The shiny plastic finish in the console."

"A bit expensive on the front end but the resale is great on these and would say that it will retain a higher percentage of the original cost than most other vehicles. Drives great on and off road. Not the best vehicle to tow with but then again it's not really designed to tow a lot."

Great Vehile

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Rugged and Dependable"

Cons: "Could use more HP"

"I bought my first 4Runner in 2005 and drove it 225,000 miles with no problems at all. I recently traded it for a 2013 SR5 with the Premium Package and have been very happy with the purchase. I plan to drive this one over 200,000 miles as well."

Good Vehicle Great Value

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "ROI, Dependable, Bad Weather Handling"

Cons: "Electronics Package"

"Pro: Reliable, Safe, Capable, Comfortable, Value on Trade Con: Navigation hard to use. Blue Tooth connectivity is spotty. Toyota NEEDS to improve their electronics package to match other manufactures features and ease of use. This includes features and a brighter clearer touch screen. Being from Japan, you would think this would be top-notch, but it is not. I recently traded this vehicle in on 2014 4 Runner...this is my third one and so far ( other than the electronics ) I have been very pleased. Handling on the road during bad weather is very good. No problems what-so-ever and I ALWAYS get a good trade in value."

old friend and new friend

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"There are few things that will bring a tear to a grown man's eye. Retiring an old friend after 11 years of loyal service is one of those things. I've put almost 200K miles of adventures on this bad boy, through my early twenties and early thirties. Despite the means to replace it long ago, I've kept it in service because I've kept the exterior up well, it's got a nice enough interior (although mobile audio technology changed since 2003) and it just works. Let me say that again. IT JUST WORKS. You are not going to find another SUV (in this price range) that can take you to a business meeting on Friday, up a steep craggy mountain trail on Saturday, and the family to church on Sunday...WITHOUT FAIL year after year. My 4runner is almost 12, and it drives and sounds like a 12 year old truck, that has unfortunately been in two accidents. I love it but it's time to let it go. I'm not ready to upgrade to a Landcruiser just yet, so I'm getting the next best thing, another 4runner. If you enjoy the outdoors and you need an SUV, this is THE ONE."

Rented in Portland, OR. for 2 weeks.

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

I don't own this car

"Perfect for camping and exploring. Easy to drive and no problems."

Solid well built SUV

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Interior, fun to drive, smooth, leather seats"

"There may be SUV's that behave more like cars, but I've always been a 4x4 guy. This 2014 is the best of both words, it's great on the highway and off road. Interior is quality materials and love entune. Lots of cargo space and 2nd row leg room. Interior materials and top notch and you can't be exterior looks. We bought this after we put 200,000 trouble free miles on our 04' 4Runner."

Best vehicle I've owned!

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Great sound system, fun to drive"

Cons: "Position of cup holders/4wd control"

"I have a black 2012 limited 4runner and absolutely love it! It's rugged and stands up to off roading. Tons of space for gear on hiking and camping trips. Looks sharp! I will never drive anything else!"

Rollover accident - this 4Runner was great

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "great value, very safe, reliable, nice features"

"My 2012 4Runner SR5 4x4 was hit by someone running a red light at 45mph. She t-boned me, and I flipped onto the roof. I remember every detail, and walked away unscathed (albeit really sore). When I went to look at the 4Runner at the tow facility a couple of days later, the exterior was trashed of course, but the interior was in perfect condition. The frame held up perfectly, it didn't cave or dent at all. I am very grateful, and plan on getting a new 2014 4Runner as a replacement."

one of the best i ever owned

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "a great value"

Cons: "its not a porsche"

"My first 4runner was a 2004. Because of the quality in it years later I decided to purchase the 2010 4runner. Very pleased."

THE BEST TRUCK EVER

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Solid ride, features, vent seats, fuel economy,"

Cons: "nothing"

"Bought a 4RUNNER because knew be a excellent sport utility could trust on long term reliability these SUVs never failed in low ratings. I have Limited edition model it's fully loaded in bells and whistles with some of the comfortable seats includes ventilated memory, navigation, blue tooth, infotainment center and much more. 4Runner gives me good gas mileage. Ride is very smooth the steering feels well firmed all of controls are handsome easily use for a/c climate to navigation. The features are more upgraded some electronics that was added. Engine is a 3.0 liter it's real powerful while gives lots of responsive handling for a original owner/driver to be safe on the roads available in ''ALL WHEEL DRIVE'' in case for next winter if have another hard storm know want have to worry because feel much safer if SUV loss control or skid of the road can use the Traction/stability controls as got all wheel drive. 4Runner now looks more of Toyotas top of the line SUV with aggressive styling with smoked taillights and refreshed front end. I have lots of room only things wish the rear seats could recline something be in a Lexus than think match a higher price because the rebate and amenities are excellent on 4Runner. I love this truck every time driving it feels like heaven think purchased a great SUV worth monies down on something like 4Runner too much to list."

LOVE MY CAR. GREAT LOOKS ON THE LIMITED MODEL TRIM

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great in Snow, Nice 20 inch rims, easy to use GPS"

Cons: "No wood trim,No cooled seats,No power tailgate"

"My 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited is a great vehicle. I love everything about it. If you are looking to buy a 4Runner, definitely get the LIMITED trim. The 20 inch rims look awesome, and you get other cool features like push button start with key less entry (grab the door with key in pocket and the door unlocks), heated seats, dual climate control, leather and back up camera."

Love my 4 Runner!

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sporty look, Water resistant seats"

Cons: "Ride is a little rough"

"I've owned a Toyota for over 25 years. I have owned 3 Camrys, 1 Highlander and 2 4-Runners so far. I love them all!!! I believe Toyotas are the most dependable vehicles available. If you are looking for an extremely smooth ride do not buy the 4-Runner, the Highlander is the vehicle for you. But if you like the sporty feel and look and don't mind a rougher ride buy the 4-Runner. My last 4-Runner has the water resistant seat coverss and I love them."

True Toyota Fan

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"This is my 3rd 4 Runner, I would not buy any other vehicle than a Toyota. Safety, reliability, comfort, and great acceleration all wrapped up in this mid-sized muscle SUV. I started out with a Camry in 1994, onto a 2003 Sequoia, then my first 4 Runner for my son when he went off to college. That 4 Runner saved his life, after accident, not much left of that vehicle, but my son only sustained a cut on forehead. Thank God. I then purchased a 2008 4 Runner (last year of the 8 cylinder) what a shame, that engine is smoking hot. Last year bought another 2006 Sequoia with 26,000 miles! Today I just purchased a 2012 4 Runner Ltd with 3700 miles! Only had one single mechanical repair to any of these Toyota vehicles. I don't care about the MPG gas issue, I value safety, reliability, comfort, not to mention a handsome vehicle."

BUY THIS TRUCK!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, looks of the limited, space and reliability"

Cons: "Can be a bit bumpier than the car built SUV's"

"I have bought and owned 26 cars and trucks.. this is #1 for me. I recently traded my 2013 Mercedes E350 (LOVED THE CAR).. but needed to downsize on expenses along with get a car/truck that had room for larger items along with wanting to get back into an SUV. MOST SUV's now look like they're for women (no offense) - and will not pull anything nor made for off road. While I'm rarely off road, I do like the fact this one is made for it - I will make a point to get this off road as much as possible! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Despite the price (and you can get them down 3K or so), YOU GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF IT and save THOUSANDS on depreciation because of its re sale value, NOT to mention you will have your Ford, Nissan, KIA or whatever in the SHOP getting repairs done.. they don't come close to the dependability and reliability. The ride is FINE.. it's a truck/SUV.. not a Lexus or a "ladies Mall SUV". It's a truck. All of these reviews beating it up for its ride comparing it to an Explorer or Pathfinder.. they're not competing with them, it's a TRUCK made to tow, go off road and yes go to the grocery store and bring back your goodies. When you do the math on how much this will truly cost you to drive per year and compare it to the others, there is NO comparison - none. And I love the LIMITED version (I don't care for the front of the SR5 at all.. man Toyota, change that - that's a mistake). But the looks of the limited is really slick, Toyota did a great job of upgrading the interior along with some great body lines on the exterior. Fantastic truck.. I'm not sure i'll drive anything else going forward!!"

Best SUV I have ever owned in all areas

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

"Overall it's a great machine. Family, off road, weather, it handles it all"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Price & power"

"Love the design and utility of the vehicle. Was surprise with the handling. It was much better than I expected. Did not regret trading my Nissan Frontier NISMO 4x4 for this SUV. Toyota will last forever."

Almost perfect

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

I want this car

"I currently own a Nissan Armada SL, but I have been looking at the 4runner for a while now. I really love the sporty look of it, even though it is a bit smaller that my current vehicle. The price for a new 4runner is about the same as what I paid for my Armada...and that is why I hesitate to trade. I have issues thinking the price is the same for a smaller vehicle & the limited 4runner lacks some specs that mine does have. Mostly I would miss my power lift gate & intelligent key system. Also, the 3rd row seat of the 4runner is a joke, I wouldn't even bother getting one with that. As much as I like the exterior look I really don't think I'll give up what I have just yet. Maybe the 2015 4Runner will add some features to it to make it worth it."

At 51, I owned over 35 cars, this has been thebest

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"Bought my 2010 off showroom floor in January 2010. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. No issues...I am a mechanic and my only complaints: it takes an hour to change the oil, so with synthetic I only have to deal with it a few times a year., the transmission is sealed (no dipstick) so fluid change at 100,000 miles is probably a dealer only ( I looked it up and even I don't want to do), and the weather strip outside along the glass is starting to tear off and dissolve...also headlights are hazing on top and started to only after a year or so.. Went to dealer and they used some compound on them...the haze came right back...I wish they would have replaced mine like they did for others....all in all though a great truck! I'm at 82,000 miles so far.."

At 51, I owned over 35 cars, this has been thebest

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Outstanding Amenities and Ride

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Stylish look, perfect blend of SUV and Truck"

"I have owned many vehicles. The 2014 stands out as one of the best I have ever owned. The drive is smooth and stable. The amenities, in the limited trim, are superior and fit/finish better than 2013 models. Although, the price may scare some off...this vehicle is built to be the last vehicle you will ever own."

Outstanding Amenities and Ride

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Stylish look, perfect blend of SUV and Truck"