2008 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 903 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Best vehicle I've ever had!

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"I bought my 2004 V8 silver Sport edition off a friend/Toyota salesman. He traded it in for a Tundra to pull his fishing boat and now he really regrets selling it. The handling in snow is incredible with the traction control and ABS. The only thing it will skid on is ice and greasy slop on a steep decline. I took it down a severely washed-out and unmaintained dirt road during and after flooding. I was a scarey ride but the 4-Runner performed as well in the rough as it did on the pavement. I've test driven a Porche Cayenne on a off-road test track and I felt as safe in my 4-runner! I can get 20 mpg at 75 highway, 22 mpg at 65 and 25 mpg at 55. Very pleased! Smooth, quiet and powerful engine makes long rides a pleasure. Quick acelleration pins me to the seat and the anti-roll stabilizer keeps me centered in my seat in sharp fast turns. My wife complains about the leg room configuration on the passengers side but at 6' tall I have so much leg room that I have to pull the seat forward. I'll keep this one for at least 10 yrs!"

The Best

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I researched SUV's for nearly 3 years before going with a 4Runner. They are simply the best option when you consider Value, Quality, Reliability, Style, and Praticality. You know you've got a dependable vehicle when you go with a Toyota. The combination of performance and quality that the 4Runner delivers is unmatched in the mid-sized SUV class. I love my 4Runner!"

Love My 4Runner

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"You can't go wrong with Toyota, and the 4Runner is no exception. Fit and finish is excellent, seats are very comfortable, handling is supreme, and its the perfect size for running around town or taking road trips. This is my third Toyota, and reliability is legendary. They always hold their value, and you'll neve have trouble selling it when you're ready for the next one."

Nice looking, but not comfy

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I have had my 2006 4Runner for a little over a year now. It has 20,000 miles on it and runs good. It is a very stylish vehicle, but it is an SUV. It isn't as smooth a ride as a car. Mechanically it's been great. My only issues are the squeaking in the trunk area and also the back seat squeeks. Also, the driver's seat is very uncomfortable. It is very hard and mine only has a manual seat adjuster. You'd think they could have put a power seat in it since it's a $29,000 vehicle. Because of this I can't get comfortable no matter where I position the seat. Maybe it would be easier for a shorter person. Great vehicle, but I will be getting rid of it soon."

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun, strong, reliable."

Cons: "Kind of hard to handle in extreme wind."

"I've owned my 4runner for 9 years and can honestly say, "its been GREAT!" I've had no repairs. The only thing I've changed are the tires, wiper blades and break pads. It's strong and durable on and off road. I've driven it under conditions of ice and snow, extreme heat, through the desert sand and two tracking in the woods. It's amazing! The only drawback that I have found is it is a vehicle that must be "held onto" in extreme wind. Highly recommended to anyone who is looking for something extremely reliable."