2008 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 838 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Great for dog owners!

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Size, rear window, sunroof, hauling"

"I bought 2004 SR5 with V6 2 wheel drive used with a bad head gasket and catalytic converter :( Drove it with the slight head gasket problem for 2 years until the check engine light started flashing. Replaced head gasket for $2700 (not at the dealership). Only other problem I have had was it overheated once when the tube that sucks coolant out of the overflow and back to the radiator fell off in the overflow container. Last year my dash got cracks from being left in the sun all day in the GA summer. Still best vehicle I've owned. I've hauled 4 kayaks in it! 2 on top, 2 in the rear window! Looks great. AVG 21 mpg combined. It's supposed to drive like a truck. It's not your mommy's SUV. I love driving it, especially with the back window down and sunroof open and my dog in the back with his head out the window, ears flapping in the wind! I'll drive it til the wheels fall off! It's a good size. Not too small (I feel safe). Not obnoxiously big either."

Way better than new 4runners

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "better mileage than newer, same weight vehicles"

Cons: "After 10 years the undercarriage starting to rust"

"This car is small enough to park, big enough to 4wheel, Gets WAY better mileage than the new ones, can fit a bike inside, gets up to speed from a light without being loud and gunning to engine unnecessarily (can't do that in the comparable suv's anymore).The solid running boards let you load the roof rack easily and don't disappear when you turn the car on. Plus you can store 'stuff' on them until you get home (dog owners you know what this could be). Has a sliding visor mirror covers so you don't have to duck to see in the mirror. Has controls for the interior lights, rather than having ALL the lights come on at once. The daytime running lights in orange are more noticeable than just another vehicle with headlights on in the daytime. The ac is super cold, I've noticed in the new 4runners the ac isn't cold enough to cool the inside of the vehicle. Love this year of 4runners. Wish I had it with 0 miles again. Plus it doesn't look like a drooling dog. (Sorry folks)"

I love this vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great in all weather, loads of room for travel"

Cons: "The lights behind the electronics burned out"

"4 Runner has power, is reliable, and is great for the Colorado mountains. Mine is 2005 and I am going to drive it as long as I can."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This vehicle will go another 200 thousand miles if maintained like it has previously"

has been very well taken care of. maintain dealer.

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "8, 000 runs good."

"Has been taken care of. Is great smooth drive. Maintenance done at required times and at Toyota dealer."