2007 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 880 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

The most awesome automobile EVER!

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Durability and performance."

Cons: "Um...?"

"Owned since new and will drive as long as it remains reliable. It has far exceeded expectations. Perfect to throw the canoe on top and go for weekend camping. Reasonable gas mileage for all that power. Not a moment's notice of problems during the entire time I've owned this vehicle. I looked after its maintenance and it has served me well. Great turning radius, easy to maneuver, all around solid performance!"

Hands Down... Best SUV Available.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Great power, good handling in all conditions."

Cons: "Holds their value... but hey; owners love them!"

"I've owned quite a few 4x4 vehicles due to my proximity to the snowy mountains, and icy weather. I currently own a 2006 4Runner Limited ( V8, AWD ). I love this SUV. I have had one issue with the navigation head unit (JBL) getting CD's stuck, but was fixed by dealer upon purchase. It honestly goes anywhere I need to go, and doesn't have the maintenance costs that are associated with other Makes/modes. This is now my 5th Toyota, and hands down they'll keep getting my business with vehicles of this quality. Though... I'll probably drive this one till the air peels the panels off of it I love it so much! The V8 does have a timing belt, so be sure to ask if it has been changed! Will wear tires out a little faster than the RWD model due to the AWD function ( typical with most all AWD vehicles. ) True MPG from an owner: city-15mpg .. HWY-18.5-19mpg. Has a lot of pep, but you can get 20mpg on the highway if you stay out of the throttle and you're not in mountainous terrain. Good luck, and yes... this is a definite GREAT vehicle to consider for yourself, or even possibly a first time driver due to its forgiving nature, and well rounded safety and amenity features. One last note... Bravo Toyota; for still manufacturing vehicles that actually live up to their intended purpose, and then outlasting them!"

Love this 4Runner

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Total reliability, great space, versatile"

Cons: "Seats - get power."

"We bought this 4Runner (V8, 4wd, SR5, towing package,) new almost 10 years ago and have loved it ever since. It has run like a charm through years of towing a horse trailer, hauling household good, dirt roads, mountain roads, you name it, from one end of the country to the other. And I can still wash and vacuum it up and it looks good! Now that we are retired, we were thinking of trading it in for a pickup truck so we can haul a 5th wheel camper. But the thought of being without our 4runner makes us nervous! This is the best vehicle we have ever owned."

Great Vehicle a few problems

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, hard working, dependable, long lastin"

Cons: "After 100K had some minor problems"

"My 5th Toyota, second 4Runner. The 2006 was not as perfect as the 3 Tacomas and 2000 4 Runner, but it was no disapointment either. She drove trouble free for 125,000 miles, was comfortable and driven off road early and often on rugged construction sites and dirt trail terrain. After 125K,the exhaust system kept throwing engine codes for emissions despite catalyst replacement. When the engine light comes on, the Vehicle Stability Control and Traction control lights come on simultaneously and these systems are disabled until the code is reset/ erased- a potential safety hazard. When the front struts failed at 100,000+ miles, hard braking became dangerous as the front end sunk hard and bounced back up repeatedly. I STRONGLY recommend replacement at Toyota interval to avoid this problem. The factory battery was unbelievable. With no maintenance, it lasted 6.5 years and only died because I played CD's all day with doors open and interior lights on. The backlight failed on the information display at 87K mi which was annoying but not fatal. Tire life was good-- 40-60K with heavy off road use that tends to knock front end out of alignment. Heated seats were great, leather held up very well. Overall a great SUV. I will be trading her in for a Tacoma soon."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"The 4-Runner is a superb vehicle. i get 20 mpg on the highway using middle grade gas, and it's V-8 with all-wheel drive. the only issue i have is the Dunlop tires -- could never get them properly balanced. i have since put on a set of Michelin Cross-Terrains, and what a difference. the traction is unsurpassed, and it runs super quiet. after getting a lemon Nissan Frontier and an Isuzu Rodeo, it seems good to have something dependable. no repairs at all - just normal maintainance. the Nissan blew the transmission the second day i had it, and the Isuzu had a laundry list of problems. buy a 4-Runner and it will last forever."