2006 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 856 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Reliable Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Good Quality of part and good design. 100% Japan."

Cons: "Interior Front mid section needs modern design."

"I made a good choice with this car back in 2006. I drove already about 127,000 miles with good performance, reliability and safety driving. I did not spend so far any money on this vehicle. The quality of parts make it easy on the wallet. My 4Runner still driving smoothly, same power, agile and overall I feel comfortable with this vehicle. Made 100% in Japan parts and assembly. This is not the case with other vehicles, just this baby and it is here to stay, good stuff, made for last. Happy owner!"

I owned three SUVs and this one is the best.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Great price, good fuel mileage and great travel ve"

Cons: "N A"

"My granddaughter wants to keep this vehicle for ever, because she likes to travel in it."

This one stays in the family!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, brakes last forever"

On trip back from Northern MN. Room for two dog kennels and luggage.

"Purchased this '08 4Runner Limited V6 4WD new in Nov 2007 and have loved every minute with it. DIY maintenance is easy, including oil, filter, gear oil in rear differential, front differential and transfer case. Only annoyance is driveshaft clunk that appears every 10k miles or so, but is easily cured by greasing the six zerk fittings on the shaft (which is routine maintenance according to the manual). Wonderful ride. Ours came with Xreas, so wonderful handling. Reliability has been stunning, and that includes the onboard navigation system. Leather seats still in outstanding condition after six years. Easily tows 2800 pound boat/trailer. Rear 60/40 seats fold nearly flat. My sons will draw for it when I'm ready to part with it ("Don't sell this one, Dad!")."

On trip back from Northern MN. Room for two dog kennels and luggage.

Love it

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

"I bought my 2008 SR5 with 83k miles on it. I have but about 20k miles on the vehicle, and so far everything has been great. Although I use it primarily for commuting to the office, I do use it for outdoor adventures as well. This rugged vehicle has gotten me through mud, rocks, and pretty deep snow. I love the 4WD system and how capable the vehicle is. I find the ride to be generally comfortable. The only part of driving this vehicle that I'm not crazy about is the braking. Although it brakes and stopes just fine, it just feels, a little odd. I read another review somewhere that I believe said the braking was "squishy", or something to that effect. I'd have to agree. The gas mileage is pretty decent for a true SUV. My in dash computer display shows mine averaging 20.4 MPG (mostly city). I had been wanting a 4runner for years, and I'm happy to finally have one. All in all, I'm very happy with it and can't imagine another vehicle more suitable to me and my lifestyle."

Best vehicle I have owned.

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Great roomy vehicle."

Cons: "Could ride a little better."

"The only problems I have had with this vehicle are the a/c the first summer I had it and the wipers are too noisy. It still has the original Panasonic battery."

Best 4 Runner I have owned 2007 Sport Utility V8

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, With lots of power! Great offroad"

Cons: "No heated seats or Navi System"

"I purchased the 2007 4 runner with the Sport package, sunroof, running boards and most important the 4.7 V8. This vehicle has super power for towing or just going to the mountains. Great off road capabilities. Use it all the time in Colorado mountains and off road. I have had three prior 4 runners and this once beats them all hands down."

Solid SUV...Best vehicle I ever owned!!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, smooth ride, fun to drive"

"This 4 Runner has been up and down the Alaska Canada Highway....TWICE...both times it was loaded! One trip was with two dogs, two kids and my husband and I. It was very dependable (we wouldn't drive anything else through another country with two kids if it wasn't!). It has been subjected to subzero temps to hotter temps (100+) still running strong! Rides smooth and is very comfy. You don't even know you're in a SUV. Buy one if you get the chance!! You won't be disappointed."

Simply the best SUV ever made

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"I own a 2004 4Runner Sport Edition. Purchased new in March of 2004, used as my daily driver until fall of 2008 when it became a second vehicle and that beast has never disappointed me. The finish and quality is superb and it has never needed anything except for routine maintenance & replacements. I bought a 2012 Subaru Outback as a partial replacement for the 4Runner and 08 Civic that was wrecked. Sadly neither vehicle has come close to the 4Runner. I would have bought another one. My biggest regret is not having bought a 2009 before the switch to current generation. Toyota has destroyed a fine SUV (Toyota has been going downhill in terms of quality and sales just like GM did in the 80's) just like Buick/Oldsmobile destroyed their Regal/Cutlass during the switch from RWD G-body to FWD W-body and only the Regal survives as a pitiful re-badged version of Opel Insignia. Crossovers may have contributed to its near-demise BUT Jeep is still peddling its true RWD SUV and that is the Grand Cherokee and apparently it is selling very well. Think about it. Toyota: If you want to get more customers to buy the 4Runner. Take out the stick-beaten-ugly current gen. 4Runner and replace it with a well-designed & made version and I guarantee you that you will get a lot of return buyers."

Great vehicle + absolutely recommend

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "reliable, safe, 4x4 is the best"

Cons: "some blindspots"

"I have a 2004, v6. The only complaint I have is the road noise can be a bit loud, but not a big deal. Otherwise, I bought it for its reliability, safety, and resale value, and I'm super pleased with it. I've owned it for 50,000 miles without any problems or repairs except for 1 rusted out brake caliper. It still looks almost new inside and out. I see a few reviews complaining about the inside not having enough bells and whistles--I actually like not having a ton of extra stuff that I wouldn't use anyway, and I appreciate the simple buttons that I can use without having to look down. The 4x4 is hands down the best for in town slippery driving and the minor off roading that I might encounter--buy decent tires to realize the most the car has to offer in that regard. I really like that you can just keep in 4 wheel drive on dry pavement when it is sort of iffy whether you actually need 4 wheel drive. Cargo space is great. Tall people may have an issue--I'm 6'2" and have the seat as low as it will go and it works, but there isn't much headroom left. The towing on the v6 is fine--I tow a boat and it handles just fine. I also do all of my own maintenance and everything is very easy to reach and simple to understand and work on. It is a fantastic vehicle and the best suv I've ever owned."

Best SUV on the Road

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, holds its value, great looking"

Cons: "Makes you doubt purchasing any other vehicle"

"Hands down the best vehicle I have owned. I have an 2006 4-Runner SR5 with 111,000 miles and it still looks, feels, and drives like new. It's built rugged and solid, but the ride is relatively smooth and quiet. The leather seats have held up extremely well, even after two car seats in the back. I have only had to get new tires, oil changes,tires rotated and balanced, and one alignment since I bought it used in 2009. The front brake pads need replacing now, but that's just normal wear and tear. Engine and transmission are impeccable. And that's saying alot after my previous vehicle's (2001 Honda Accord) transmission bit the dust with only 100,000 miles on it. The brakes work very well, though they sometimes stick after braking really hard. Not a major issue though. I recommend this vehicle 100 percent."

Cheap to Keep!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Just a dependable safe car."

Cons: "There are a few blind spots."

"Dependable. I never have owned one car for so long. Usually would have traded by now, but why? It is reliable. Normal repairs, nothing crazy. I feel safe. I need this car for my work."

Great vehicle - very versatile and built to last!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Solid/safe/reliable - Great ride!"

Cons: "Interior is too basic, is boring and unattractive"

"I lived in an area where a persons life could depend on having a reliable vehicle - don't live there anymore but once you are aware of the possibilities of having something go wrong in bad weather a person looks for a solid and dependable vehicle that is low maintenance. The 4runner is it! I purchased an extra 100k warrenty and that took care of some minor issues so it paid for itself but all in all the 4runner gives great peace of mind and sense of safety. The ride is awesome. I test drive other vehicles on and off to see if I want to switch but nothing can compare. Within the first week of getting this vehicle new - friends that do off roading convinced me to try out the 4WD capability. This little truck climbed rugged and high mountain trails. We tried the down hill assist and by darn the thing practically took over and stepped down huge rutted trails as if it was a cat - one wheel took over when it had contact then the other and I actually stopped trying to steer and let the 4runner take over. We went down the steep mountain so carefully and smoothly that I was amazed. Jeep drivers shouted "How did you get that thing up there - then, oh it's a Toyota, of course" This vehicle is very versatile - will get you through most anything. The suspension on the road is solid and comfortable. Bigger people may not fit due to limited head room. Keep your shocks/struts in shape and throw some decent Michelin tires on it and you have a solid and very pleasent ride. I like a few more bells and whistles in the interior so even with every option it's a bit too stripped down for me but so far I have found no other vehicle to replace it. Tried a Jeep with their attractive interior and am very glad I purchased the 4runner instead. I may add another sporty car for fun as a grocery grabber but will keep the 4runner. I could not find a used one for much less than the cost of new, so bought it new knowing they keep their value and it has."

I LOVE TOYOTA 4RUNNERS AND TOYOTAS' IN GENERAL.

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"I'M LOOKING FORWARD IN TO BUYING MY 4TH TOYOTA ACTUALLY 5TH INCLUDING MY DAUGHTER.TOYOTA ARE # 1 SAFE AND LONG LASTING CARS"

My best car

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Contour seats are extra comfortable"

Cons: "The cup holders are akward"

"I have had this vehicle since it was new. (Oct of 2003) It has given me extra good service. It is comfortable and good looking. I want to keep it until it will not drive any more."

Love this 4Runner

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Total reliability, great space, versatile"

Cons: "Seats - get power."

"We bought this 4Runner (V8, 4wd, SR5, towing package,) new almost 10 years ago and have loved it ever since. It has run like a charm through years of towing a horse trailer, hauling household good, dirt roads, mountain roads, you name it, from one end of the country to the other. And I can still wash and vacuum it up and it looks good! Now that we are retired, we were thinking of trading it in for a pickup truck so we can haul a 5th wheel camper. But the thought of being without our 4runner makes us nervous! This is the best vehicle we have ever owned."

Best SUV i ever owned out of 4.

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Everything about it."

Cons: "Not a one."

"My Toyota 4runner limited is by far the most reliable vehicle i ever had. I would buy another one if this one ever wears out. Though not likely. 160000 miles and everything still works like new. Will run it until the wheels fall off. Then put them back on and run it again."

Great SUV

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"Just went over 222K, runs like a champ. For someone like me who drives a lot its a pleasure. Just keep the basics up and you will not regret the investment."

Best Vehicle I've owned.

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "All around great vehicle."

Cons: "No cons."

"My Toyota 4 runner has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It drives as good as when I bought it, has held it's value and is very comfortable. I am planning on buying a newer one but love this one."

best truck ever

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "hold they value and unstopeble 4x4"

"own this vehicle for over 10years and no complains no problems, only wear and tear"

Never had "buyers remorse!"

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "This vehicle will never disappoint you."

Cons: "A little noisey with windows and roof open"

"This is a well designed vehicle that clearly had the customer in mind. Comforts and Foresight are the best ways to describe this vehicle."

Have owned since new and still my favorite car

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Great driving car just like on a rail"

Cons: "Gas mileage not bad for FT 4wheel drive 18 mpg"

"Great driving car, made several 4 thousand mile plus trips and still love it. It's finally broken in, just turned 100k and still no rattles, shakes and drives like she just rolled off the new car lot. Average around 18 mpg overall and have never had to add oil between changes."

Best suv

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "reliability, fit and finish, 4wd system,"

Cons: "cnone"

"This suv has been reliable, it has excellent build quality, and it retains its value. best vehicle I have ever owned."

Perfect for road trips!

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, reliable, good lines, solid, no rattles"

Cons: "gas mileage in town could be better"

"Bought the 4Runner so I could take wife and two Boxers on the road. Could not have made a better choice. I have never had this vehicle in the shop. I just change the tires, oil and other fluids and it goes and goes and goes. None of the little electrical glitches or broken controls you might expect in an almost 10 year old vehicle. Great quality vehicle and it still looks good!"

A great car that's fund to drive

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

"I love this car, it drives like a sports sedan. The engine produces lots of power. It outruns most cars on the highway. The 2003 model was a brand new design when I bought it. There were a couple of problems like there are with most new designs, but once they were fixed it's been running as it should."

A great clean and well running car ,one owner from

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

"One owner car, very good condition, new tires with new battry ,leather inside and vey clean ,not a smoking car most used at free ways. This car running great with very powefull engine."