2006 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 882 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

The most awesome automobile EVER!

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Durability and performance."

Cons: "Um...?"

"Owned since new and will drive as long as it remains reliable. It has far exceeded expectations. Perfect to throw the canoe on top and go for weekend camping. Reasonable gas mileage for all that power. Not a moment's notice of problems during the entire time I've owned this vehicle. I looked after its maintenance and it has served me well. Great turning radius, easy to maneuver, all around solid performance!"

Great vehicle + absolutely recommend

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "reliable, safe, 4x4 is the best"

Cons: "some blindspots"

"I have a 2004, v6. The only complaint I have is the road noise can be a bit loud, but not a big deal. Otherwise, I bought it for its reliability, safety, and resale value, and I'm super pleased with it. I've owned it for 50,000 miles without any problems or repairs except for 1 rusted out brake caliper. It still looks almost new inside and out. I see a few reviews complaining about the inside not having enough bells and whistles--I actually like not having a ton of extra stuff that I wouldn't use anyway, and I appreciate the simple buttons that I can use without having to look down. The 4x4 is hands down the best for in town slippery driving and the minor off roading that I might encounter--buy decent tires to realize the most the car has to offer in that regard. I really like that you can just keep in 4 wheel drive on dry pavement when it is sort of iffy whether you actually need 4 wheel drive. Cargo space is great. Tall people may have an issue--I'm 6'2" and have the seat as low as it will go and it works, but there isn't much headroom left. The towing on the v6 is fine--I tow a boat and it handles just fine. I also do all of my own maintenance and everything is very easy to reach and simple to understand and work on. It is a fantastic vehicle and the best suv I've ever owned."

This 4Runner is definitely my best vehicle yet.

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable car, handles great, smooth ride."

Cons: "Gas mileage, crack in dashboard."

"I have owned this 4Runner for almost 10 years and have never had any mechanical problems with it. The only issue is a crack in the dashboard that started around the contours of the control panel and in time has traveled the length of the of the dashboard. I love the way the vehicle handles and the great ride. Only downside is the gas mileage. Plan to keep this car for as long as possible."

Love this 4Runner

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Total reliability, great space, versatile"

Cons: "Seats - get power."

"We bought this 4Runner (V8, 4wd, SR5, towing package,) new almost 10 years ago and have loved it ever since. It has run like a charm through years of towing a horse trailer, hauling household good, dirt roads, mountain roads, you name it, from one end of the country to the other. And I can still wash and vacuum it up and it looks good! Now that we are retired, we were thinking of trading it in for a pickup truck so we can haul a 5th wheel camper. But the thought of being without our 4runner makes us nervous! This is the best vehicle we have ever owned."

Great Vehicle a few problems

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, hard working, dependable, long lastin"

Cons: "After 100K had some minor problems"

"My 5th Toyota, second 4Runner. The 2006 was not as perfect as the 3 Tacomas and 2000 4 Runner, but it was no disapointment either. She drove trouble free for 125,000 miles, was comfortable and driven off road early and often on rugged construction sites and dirt trail terrain. After 125K,the exhaust system kept throwing engine codes for emissions despite catalyst replacement. When the engine light comes on, the Vehicle Stability Control and Traction control lights come on simultaneously and these systems are disabled until the code is reset/ erased- a potential safety hazard. When the front struts failed at 100,000+ miles, hard braking became dangerous as the front end sunk hard and bounced back up repeatedly. I STRONGLY recommend replacement at Toyota interval to avoid this problem. The factory battery was unbelievable. With no maintenance, it lasted 6.5 years and only died because I played CD's all day with doors open and interior lights on. The backlight failed on the information display at 87K mi which was annoying but not fatal. Tire life was good-- 40-60K with heavy off road use that tends to knock front end out of alignment. Heated seats were great, leather held up very well. Overall a great SUV. I will be trading her in for a Tacoma soon."