2005 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 852 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Best vehicle I have own

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "It is not a sports car,but overall its a great car"

Cons: "plastic trims needs to be a better grade"

"Never had any trouble with this SUV for the past 8 years.The only time it was in the garage was for service."

Another great Toyota!

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Excellent in the winter. Comfortable. Reliable."

Cons: "I can't seem to come up with anything."

"I bought this vehicle used (one owner), with about 50k miles. My wife has used it as a daily driver for over four years, and it now has 110,000 miles. I can honestly say that the vehicle has never been in the shop. I have owned nine Toyota vehicles now, and I am just as happy with this one as I was with all the rest."

I bought this car brand new in 2003.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

"I'm just sick and tired of it, I want something new. This car doesn't let me think of a new car, it just keeps going and going as reliable as ever. The only thing I spent on this car was car wash, oil change, and tires... that's it. It will still go for another 200 thousand miles with no problems maybe, but I don't This car worth every penny and more. I wish American cars weir as close to this in reliability."

2005 4runner SR5 is SOLID!

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "solid, reliable SUV, low cost of ownership"

Cons: "wish it had more tech, less road noise"

"I purchased my runner when it was 4 yrs old (off lease) and it's been by far the most reliable, capable vehicle I've ever had and I've owned a lot of cars over the years. it's the first one that I've committed to keeping long term. It's a work horse and has had NO mechanical issues in the 5+ years I've owned it other than normal wear/tear. Even the guy at the dealership told me that I had an awesome year/model and I agreed. I hope to have this runner in the fam until the wheels fall off!"

this is very nice car and drive so so so great.

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

"My 4runner runs so so so great.there is no issues in this car .the only thing is there are little scartches on the dashboard,thats it.there is no more work in it.i just changed the routers like a month ago."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Just fun to drive/dependable/great height."

Cons: "No memory seat for driver side."

"Hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned (driving 35 years). Very dependable; never feared rain or snow which there was plenty of here in southern New England. Very comfortable driving highway, backroads and city. Liked being higher than a sedan. Size is perfect for family lifestyle. It fit family of 5 (but often one away in college); ski equipment in the winter, golf equipment in the summer. I commuted 40 miles/day non highway and averaged 20-21 mpg first 5-6 years. Last 1-2 years, average 19-20 mpg. Very good about recommended oil changes every 5000 miles, did not need breaks until over 135,000. Would like very much to give car to kids and get new 4Runner for updated technology gadgets only. We'll see!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Just fun to drive/dependable/great height."

Cons: "No memory seat for driver side."

See Below

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

"I am the original owner - car has always been kept in a garage. Original mileage - Was protected by Butler Service regularly.... Silver Grey - Very smooth ride - Holds the road well..."

GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

"its hard to fine much thats wrong with this truck. i bought this 2005 sr5 in 2011 with 89k. i wanted an suv and as soon as i saw it at dealership i knew would be a good buy. the ride is great i like those huge mirrors. i have put about 21k in almost three years. went from harrisburg,Pa to Ocean city 3 times and this thing just keeps running. with the V6 engine the accelaration is great. im sure it will running much longer than some those newer suvs i see on the road. i would definitely recommend this truck to anyone looking for a great value."

excellent car all around.own it for 10 years 0 pro

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "excellent car overall"

"excellent quality ,performance,power,craftmanship."

best suv tha tit is fun to drive

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, safe to drive,"

Cons: "mpg"

"I would recommend this SUV to anyone"

definitely a great recommendable vehicle

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

"My 4runner has been the best investment for me. I've kept up with the maintenance and that has helped with the longetivity of the vehicle ... I definitely would recommend this vehicle! Great family SUV."

My kids never want to sell this car.

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, great handling in snow weather."

Cons: "for the price it should have more features"

"This is very riliable car. The only problem I had was that information panel stopped working and had to be replaced for about $1800. It was a good investment overall."

A CERTIFIABLY GREAT VEHICLE!

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Powerful AC, Sunroof, Great Speakers, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Wide tires are a bit more noisy vs standard tires"

There she is!

"The quality, performance, durability and handling of the 4 Runner goes without saying. When I brought the 4 Runner Sports Edition to my local mechanic in Eagle Rock for the first time, Arturo said that he loves this vehicle and told me I won't be seeing much of him in the years to come! I'm going solar and purchasing a hybrid, so I'm reluctantly letting go of this excellent and reliable friend. I hope a great family will enjoy it as much as my husband and I have. It's an awesome ride for camping and road trips with a fabulous sound system. It handles great whether your up in the mountains of Big Bear or cruising on the 101. After having a Honda Element with big blind spots, I so appreciate how well I can see out of the side and back of this 4 Runner Sports Edition. During my first 4 Runner experience of freeway driving, there was a huge pipe that fell off a truck about ten car lengths in front of me. I had to swerve around to avoid hitting it. It handled and held the road so well at 70 mph, and was smooth as silk in the process. I was deeply grateful for how well it responded and saved me! It's a certifiably great vehicle!"

There she is!

Great for dog owners!

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Size, rear window, sunroof, hauling"

"I bought 2004 SR5 with V6 2 wheel drive used with a bad head gasket and catalytic converter :( Drove it with the slight head gasket problem for 2 years until the check engine light started flashing. Replaced head gasket for $2700 (not at the dealership). Only other problem I have had was it overheated once when the tube that sucks coolant out of the overflow and back to the radiator fell off in the overflow container. Last year my dash got cracks from being left in the sun all day in the GA summer. Still best vehicle I've owned. I've hauled 4 kayaks in it! 2 on top, 2 in the rear window! Looks great. AVG 21 mpg combined. It's supposed to drive like a truck. It's not your mommy's SUV. I love driving it, especially with the back window down and sunroof open and my dog in the back with his head out the window, ears flapping in the wind! I'll drive it til the wheels fall off! It's a good size. Not too small (I feel safe). Not obnoxiously big either."

Way better than new 4runners

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "better mileage than newer, same weight vehicles"

Cons: "After 10 years the undercarriage starting to rust"

"This car is small enough to park, big enough to 4wheel, Gets WAY better mileage than the new ones, can fit a bike inside, gets up to speed from a light without being loud and gunning to engine unnecessarily (can't do that in the comparable suv's anymore).The solid running boards let you load the roof rack easily and don't disappear when you turn the car on. Plus you can store 'stuff' on them until you get home (dog owners you know what this could be). Has a sliding visor mirror covers so you don't have to duck to see in the mirror. Has controls for the interior lights, rather than having ALL the lights come on at once. The daytime running lights in orange are more noticeable than just another vehicle with headlights on in the daytime. The ac is super cold, I've noticed in the new 4runners the ac isn't cold enough to cool the inside of the vehicle. Love this year of 4runners. Wish I had it with 0 miles again. Plus it doesn't look like a drooling dog. (Sorry folks)"

I love this vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great in all weather, loads of room for travel"

Cons: "The lights behind the electronics burned out"

"4 Runner has power, is reliable, and is great for the Colorado mountains. Mine is 2005 and I am going to drive it as long as I can."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This vehicle will go another 200 thousand miles if maintained like it has previously"

has been very well taken care of. maintain dealer.

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "8, 000 runs good."

"Has been taken care of. Is great smooth drive. Maintenance done at required times and at Toyota dealer."

very quiet on road and very easy to handle in all

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

"Love this suv"

Love my 4Runner

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"We purchased this vehicle in 2005 mostly for it's safety ratings, but we have been impressed with everything about the vehicle. We have taken this vehicle on various terrains throughout Colorado and we feel safe and secure. It's roomy without being too large and both the interior and exterior have held up well throughout all of our family excursions. Unlike some other attractive SUV's this one also drives well and is easy to maneuver. Great vehicle! Great investment!"

My favorite 4x4 - 2003 4Runner Sport

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"Pros: Reliable, spacious and capable. Cons: Gas mileage is 14 MPG and burns through brake pads. My 2003 4Runner Sport 4x4 has 108000 miles and is running strong. This is the last of the breed. Eight cylinders of pure power hence the brake pad issue. Enough room to move a house full of stuff."

Simply the best

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "A real Suv"

"This is my 3rd 4runner I have owned a 2000,2005, and now a 2008 all Limited my 2008 4runner comes with 4wd leather seats navigation system, back up camera, roof rack trailer hitch mp3 6 disc CD player 10 speakers 6 cup holders Sun roof cargo cover. Seat memory laminated side steps. All standard I have been fishing camping skiing with my 4runner if you need a vehicle that can take you any where trouble free driving the 4runner is for you the 4th generations have the best reliability rating so get a 2004-2009 and save yourself around $18000.00 for a new 4runner"

Dependable

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"Most dependable vehicle I ever owned. In 8 years and 112K miles, the only failed part was a front signal light bulb, but yesterday I had the front rotors and calipers replaced due to stuck brake piston which warped the rotors. Rides very well, not like typical SUV. Quiet, never any rattles, squeaks, vibrations, etc. Criticisms include dash controls -- impossible to read when wearing polarized sunglasses. Needs a couple more inches of front legroom; new models have more. Wish it had 100K spark plugs. Toyota recommends change them at 30K but I've changed at 50K w/o problem. Rear brake pads are original and have half of pads left. No oil nor other fluid leaks. Never has failed to start immediately; never hesitated, missed, knocked, etc., and runs on any brand of regular. Confident it will go beyond 300K w/o major trouble."

Terrific value.

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Economical, reliable, comfortable."

"This is my 3rd 4runner, and I have owned it since it was new. Other than routine maintenance, I have never had any problems with it (or the other two, either, for that matter.) The only reason I didn't give it a perfect "10" score is that the mileage could be a little better, and it has some issues in 4WD mode on wet, clay soils - i.e., it tends to slide. This is partly a tire issue, as the mud cakes the treds."