2005 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 839 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

A CERTIFIABLY GREAT VEHICLE!

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Powerful AC, Sunroof, Great Speakers, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Wide tires are a bit more noisy vs standard tires"

There she is!

"The quality, performance, durability and handling of the 4 Runner goes without saying. When I brought the 4 Runner Sports Edition to my local mechanic in Eagle Rock for the first time, Arturo said that he loves this vehicle and told me I won't be seeing much of him in the years to come! I'm going solar and purchasing a hybrid, so I'm reluctantly letting go of this excellent and reliable friend. I hope a great family will enjoy it as much as my husband and I have. It's an awesome ride for camping and road trips with a fabulous sound system. It handles great whether your up in the mountains of Big Bear or cruising on the 101. After having a Honda Element with big blind spots, I so appreciate how well I can see out of the side and back of this 4 Runner Sports Edition. During my first 4 Runner experience of freeway driving, there was a huge pipe that fell off a truck about ten car lengths in front of me. I had to swerve around to avoid hitting it. It handled and held the road so well at 70 mph, and was smooth as silk in the process. I was deeply grateful for how well it responded and saved me! It's a certifiably great vehicle!"

There she is!

Great for dog owners!

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Size, rear window, sunroof, hauling"

"I bought 2004 SR5 with V6 2 wheel drive used with a bad head gasket and catalytic converter :( Drove it with the slight head gasket problem for 2 years until the check engine light started flashing. Replaced head gasket for $2700 (not at the dealership). Only other problem I have had was it overheated once when the tube that sucks coolant out of the overflow and back to the radiator fell off in the overflow container. Last year my dash got cracks from being left in the sun all day in the GA summer. Still best vehicle I've owned. I've hauled 4 kayaks in it! 2 on top, 2 in the rear window! Looks great. AVG 21 mpg combined. It's supposed to drive like a truck. It's not your mommy's SUV. I love driving it, especially with the back window down and sunroof open and my dog in the back with his head out the window, ears flapping in the wind! I'll drive it til the wheels fall off! It's a good size. Not too small (I feel safe). Not obnoxiously big either."

Way better than new 4runners

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "better mileage than newer, same weight vehicles"

Cons: "After 10 years the undercarriage starting to rust"

"This car is small enough to park, big enough to 4wheel, Gets WAY better mileage than the new ones, can fit a bike inside, gets up to speed from a light without being loud and gunning to engine unnecessarily (can't do that in the comparable suv's anymore).The solid running boards let you load the roof rack easily and don't disappear when you turn the car on. Plus you can store 'stuff' on them until you get home (dog owners you know what this could be). Has a sliding visor mirror covers so you don't have to duck to see in the mirror. Has controls for the interior lights, rather than having ALL the lights come on at once. The daytime running lights in orange are more noticeable than just another vehicle with headlights on in the daytime. The ac is super cold, I've noticed in the new 4runners the ac isn't cold enough to cool the inside of the vehicle. Love this year of 4runners. Wish I had it with 0 miles again. Plus it doesn't look like a drooling dog. (Sorry folks)"

I love this vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great in all weather, loads of room for travel"

Cons: "The lights behind the electronics burned out"

"4 Runner has power, is reliable, and is great for the Colorado mountains. Mine is 2005 and I am going to drive it as long as I can."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This vehicle will go another 200 thousand miles if maintained like it has previously"

has been very well taken care of. maintain dealer.

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "8, 000 runs good."

"Has been taken care of. Is great smooth drive. Maintenance done at required times and at Toyota dealer."

very quiet on road and very easy to handle in all

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

"Love this suv"

Love my 4Runner

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"We purchased this vehicle in 2005 mostly for it's safety ratings, but we have been impressed with everything about the vehicle. We have taken this vehicle on various terrains throughout Colorado and we feel safe and secure. It's roomy without being too large and both the interior and exterior have held up well throughout all of our family excursions. Unlike some other attractive SUV's this one also drives well and is easy to maneuver. Great vehicle! Great investment!"

My favorite 4x4 - 2003 4Runner Sport

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"Pros: Reliable, spacious and capable. Cons: Gas mileage is 14 MPG and burns through brake pads. My 2003 4Runner Sport 4x4 has 108000 miles and is running strong. This is the last of the breed. Eight cylinders of pure power hence the brake pad issue. Enough room to move a house full of stuff."

Simply the best

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "A real Suv"

"This is my 3rd 4runner I have owned a 2000,2005, and now a 2008 all Limited my 2008 4runner comes with 4wd leather seats navigation system, back up camera, roof rack trailer hitch mp3 6 disc CD player 10 speakers 6 cup holders Sun roof cargo cover. Seat memory laminated side steps. All standard I have been fishing camping skiing with my 4runner if you need a vehicle that can take you any where trouble free driving the 4runner is for you the 4th generations have the best reliability rating so get a 2004-2009 and save yourself around $18000.00 for a new 4runner"