2004 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 898 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

NOTHING HAS GONE WRONG! This car is the best!

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive. Normal maint. expense is all"

Cons: "Power seats not available. No back up camera"

"Tires lasted 75000 miles. Battery = 6.5 years. Feels like it could go 300,000 or more. Love to drive it. Engine,transmission and suspension are smooth and tight."

Best SUV i ever owned out of 4.

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Everything about it."

Cons: "Not a one."

"My Toyota 4runner limited is by far the most reliable vehicle i ever had. I would buy another one if this one ever wears out. Though not likely. 160000 miles and everything still works like new. Will run it until the wheels fall off. Then put them back on and run it again."

Awesome SUV except......

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, mtc free vehicle, reliable"

Cons: "Cracking dash board w no warranty"

"Had this 2003 for approx 5 up years. Replaced fluids regularly, and new brakes at 90,000 miles. I had the injectors cleaned at 100,000 mile dealer service . Runs like new. At 100,000 miles I replaced the tires, but the shocks and suspension are still factory. The v6 has a timing chain, so only the 4x4 v8 model needs a timing belt replacement at 100,00 miles. My only complaint....... DASHBOARD cracking.. Most of the 2003-05 models have them, all in the same places....Toyota doesn't warranty the dash. Otherwise, it's just awesome"

4Runner is great but not for everyone

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Can't beat the 4WD system."

Cons: "Ride is not the best."

"We live in the Sierra mountains in California. The 4Runner proves itself with it's true 4WD system in the snow and ice. We use the locking center differential often on slippery conditions and it just plows through. However, you do need compatible tires so we have our 3rd set of Michelin Mountain tires on the 4Runner. Ride is not great: bouncy, harsh at times. But this is not your phoo-phoo crossover SUV. It is a true 4WD truck like vehicle and that makes it tough. Whether using it off road in the summer to get to our fishing spot or running it through snow in winter. Dependability had been excellent. Our OEM Panasonic battery lasted 160,000 miles (8.5 years)! We had to replace front axel seals on both sides due to bearing failure. But the mechanic said it was probably due to hitting a deer some 9 months earlier as he never seen front axel bearings fail before. Other than that we have had an annoying driver's side mirror that vibrates. I would buy again. But if you are looking for a smooth riding SUV, look elsewhere."

A true love affair

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, rides well for a truck based vehicle"

Cons: "Highway wander and gas milage"

"Have owned my 2003 4runner for ten yrs. now and Evan though its a second car it has never let me down. I feel the looks are much better than the new generation 4runner. 4runners have always held there value which makes it all that much better. I have driven the new generation 4runner and don't feel it hold a candle to mine. Thanks for your time."