2004 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 882 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Ultimate Reliability

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Great price range and minimum maintenance cost."

Cons: "no mp3 interface."

"150K miles (8 years) and I've changed nothing but the front brakes, tires, one parking light bulb and the battery. No rattling noises and suspension is still superb. Fuel consumption was better than advertised and has held steady."

Best Truck Based SUV for the money

By on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

"Nothing touches this car in the arena of mid sized truck based suvs. Reason being, it has decent fuel economy, amazing in the snow, extremely smooth ride, great lines, huge wheels and tires, and more appealing options than most trucks offer at the limited trim (I own an SR5). If you want something close to it in terms of reliability and resale, get a Pilot. But all around this thing is ridiculous. It took me a year of searches, 7 test drives, and about a hundred hours to finally get one with both low mileage and a decent price. The single best indicator you know you are getting an amazing truck...you can find ones for sale that are 20 years old with over 250,000 miles that still have actual value. This is the honda accord/toyota camry of SUVs. Unreal."

Best vehicle I've ever had!

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"I bought my 2004 V8 silver Sport edition off a friend/Toyota salesman. He traded it in for a Tundra to pull his fishing boat and now he really regrets selling it. The handling in snow is incredible with the traction control and ABS. The only thing it will skid on is ice and greasy slop on a steep decline. I took it down a severely washed-out and unmaintained dirt road during and after flooding. I was a scarey ride but the 4-Runner performed as well in the rough as it did on the pavement. I've test driven a Porche Cayenne on a off-road test track and I felt as safe in my 4-runner! I can get 20 mpg at 75 highway, 22 mpg at 65 and 25 mpg at 55. Very pleased! Smooth, quiet and powerful engine makes long rides a pleasure. Quick acelleration pins me to the seat and the anti-roll stabilizer keeps me centered in my seat in sharp fast turns. My wife complains about the leg room configuration on the passengers side but at 6' tall I have so much leg room that I have to pull the seat forward. I'll keep this one for at least 10 yrs!"

The Best

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"I researched SUV's for nearly 3 years before going with a 4Runner. They are simply the best option when you consider Value, Quality, Reliability, Style, and Praticality. You know you've got a dependable vehicle when you go with a Toyota. The combination of performance and quality that the 4Runner delivers is unmatched in the mid-sized SUV class. I love my 4Runner!"

GREAT

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"I CAN TELL THERE WAS ALOT OF THOUGHT PUT INTO THIS "TRUCK" I have owned new trucks befor but this one is exceptional. It 2005 and with V8 gets over 20 miles to a gallon when kept around 70 and 17 around town and It has 4 wheel drive. I really cant believe the handleing and power. Its scary at times and takes some getting used to when first driving. The seat could use a little more something. My head almost touches the roof and I am not that tall. I like the lumbar support but wish it to be a little more pronounced. I am really very pleased else wise and would by this truck despite the things I have written as faults."