2003 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 900 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Ultimate Reliability

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Great price range and minimum maintenance cost."

Cons: "no mp3 interface."

"150K miles (8 years) and I've changed nothing but the front brakes, tires, one parking light bulb and the battery. No rattling noises and suspension is still superb. Fuel consumption was better than advertised and has held steady."

Great vehicle, 376,000 miles and still going!!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"I would have never believed it if someone had told me that I could get over 300,000 miles on a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The amazing thing is that it rides like a new vehicle, no squeaks or rattles. I will definitely buy another one when this one dies."

Best Truck Based SUV for the money

By on Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Nothing touches this car in the arena of mid sized truck based suvs. Reason being, it has decent fuel economy, amazing in the snow, extremely smooth ride, great lines, huge wheels and tires, and more appealing options than most trucks offer at the limited trim (I own an SR5). If you want something close to it in terms of reliability and resale, get a Pilot. But all around this thing is ridiculous. It took me a year of searches, 7 test drives, and about a hundred hours to finally get one with both low mileage and a decent price. The single best indicator you know you are getting an amazing truck...you can find ones for sale that are 20 years old with over 250,000 miles that still have actual value. This is the honda accord/toyota camry of SUVs. Unreal."

glad we got it!

By on Thursday, August 6, 2009

"We have had this vehicle for a year now...bought it with 25K. We took it out west this summer 8700 miles. We averaged 19 mpg. We were pleased considering it is an SUV and a V8. It took a little while to get used to the nav, but now we are pros. This is my first Toyota, it lives up to the reputation! Love that the window in the back rolls down with a touch of the key fab...very handy when you have a bike rack on the back."

Best vehicle I've ever had!

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"I bought my 2004 V8 silver Sport edition off a friend/Toyota salesman. He traded it in for a Tundra to pull his fishing boat and now he really regrets selling it. The handling in snow is incredible with the traction control and ABS. The only thing it will skid on is ice and greasy slop on a steep decline. I took it down a severely washed-out and unmaintained dirt road during and after flooding. I was a scarey ride but the 4-Runner performed as well in the rough as it did on the pavement. I've test driven a Porche Cayenne on a off-road test track and I felt as safe in my 4-runner! I can get 20 mpg at 75 highway, 22 mpg at 65 and 25 mpg at 55. Very pleased! Smooth, quiet and powerful engine makes long rides a pleasure. Quick acelleration pins me to the seat and the anti-roll stabilizer keeps me centered in my seat in sharp fast turns. My wife complains about the leg room configuration on the passengers side but at 6' tall I have so much leg room that I have to pull the seat forward. I'll keep this one for at least 10 yrs!"