2003 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 889 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

The most awesome automobile EVER!

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Durability and performance."

Cons: "Um...?"

"Owned since new and will drive as long as it remains reliable. It has far exceeded expectations. Perfect to throw the canoe on top and go for weekend camping. Reasonable gas mileage for all that power. Not a moment's notice of problems during the entire time I've owned this vehicle. I looked after its maintenance and it has served me well. Great turning radius, easy to maneuver, all around solid performance!"

Love this 4Runner

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Total reliability, great space, versatile"

Cons: "Seats - get power."

"We bought this 4Runner (V8, 4wd, SR5, towing package,) new almost 10 years ago and have loved it ever since. It has run like a charm through years of towing a horse trailer, hauling household good, dirt roads, mountain roads, you name it, from one end of the country to the other. And I can still wash and vacuum it up and it looks good! Now that we are retired, we were thinking of trading it in for a pickup truck so we can haul a 5th wheel camper. But the thought of being without our 4runner makes us nervous! This is the best vehicle we have ever owned."

Great Vehicle a few problems

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, hard working, dependable, long lastin"

Cons: "After 100K had some minor problems"

"My 5th Toyota, second 4Runner. The 2006 was not as perfect as the 3 Tacomas and 2000 4 Runner, but it was no disapointment either. She drove trouble free for 125,000 miles, was comfortable and driven off road early and often on rugged construction sites and dirt trail terrain. After 125K,the exhaust system kept throwing engine codes for emissions despite catalyst replacement. When the engine light comes on, the Vehicle Stability Control and Traction control lights come on simultaneously and these systems are disabled until the code is reset/ erased- a potential safety hazard. When the front struts failed at 100,000+ miles, hard braking became dangerous as the front end sunk hard and bounced back up repeatedly. I STRONGLY recommend replacement at Toyota interval to avoid this problem. The factory battery was unbelievable. With no maintenance, it lasted 6.5 years and only died because I played CD's all day with doors open and interior lights on. The backlight failed on the information display at 87K mi which was annoying but not fatal. Tire life was good-- 40-60K with heavy off road use that tends to knock front end out of alignment. Heated seats were great, leather held up very well. Overall a great SUV. I will be trading her in for a Tacoma soon."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"The 4-Runner is a superb vehicle. i get 20 mpg on the highway using middle grade gas, and it's V-8 with all-wheel drive. the only issue i have is the Dunlop tires -- could never get them properly balanced. i have since put on a set of Michelin Cross-Terrains, and what a difference. the traction is unsurpassed, and it runs super quiet. after getting a lemon Nissan Frontier and an Isuzu Rodeo, it seems good to have something dependable. no repairs at all - just normal maintainance. the Nissan blew the transmission the second day i had it, and the Isuzu had a laundry list of problems. buy a 4-Runner and it will last forever."

Totally worth it

By on Thursday, November 08, 2007

"I've had this vehicle for almost 3 years now and it has totally exceeded my expectations. The 4.7 Liter V-8 is smooth, powerful, and I routinely get 18 mpg. Not bad for a V-8 SUV with a full time 4-wheel drive system. That 4-wheel drive system is seemless and inspires confidence when the roads get slippery. Last year I went skiing with a bunch of friends and we drove several cars. Everyone was remarking about how bad the roads had been on the way up to the ski resort. I had been driving my 4-Runner and was totally surprised, since I hadn't even been able to tell. That's how smooth this vehicle is. What a great buy."