2002 Toyota 4Runner

9.4

Based on 829 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

Great Daily Driver, Great Off-road, Very Reliable

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Great off-road, very reliable."

"This is a very reliable vehicle. No matter how many miles are on it. As long as it's been taken care of, it will run forever. It's great off-road. It's great in the snow, it's great on any terrain. Even stock, it will get you through any terrain. Mine has 305k miles and runs like new. The 3.4 liter V6 is one of the best engines Toyota has ever made. The only thing I don't like about this vehicle, is the front suspension. Toyota should have put a solid axel in these, instead of IFS."

Absolute best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Best reliability ever."

Cons: "Still rides like a truck, but not bad."

"Bought the vehicle in 1999 with 52K miles on it. Have had the vehicle now 15 years and have added approximately 400K more. My maintenance consists primarily of oil changes for high mileage vehicles, fluid top offs and the occasional radiator flush and AC service. It has never let me down. At roughly 450K miles, I'm about to have my first major repair, having several engine oil leaks repaired at a cost of $1300. The vehicle still runs well inspite of the small leaks. Not bad for a 17 year old vehicle, and physically, it still looks almost new. I have told friends and family many times, I will never not own at least one Toyota."

I LOVE my 4runner!!!

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great performance, durrable, longevity, attractive"

Cons: "there aren't many options for lifting, mpg's"

"I have a 98 toyota 4runner limited. It has 340,000 miles on it and it is in great running order. I have no rust, leaks, knocks, or pops. It has been through everything i can throw at it and it drives like a new one. I am Amazed at the durability of this truck. I would absolutely recomend this vehice to anyone."

Black Beauty

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Cons: "My sons keep borrowing it."

"I LOVE this car! My sons, all three of them, wanted to buy it from me when they grew up and left home. I said, no way, Jose. I'm keeping this car till the day I die, then I will WILL it to you. Its is so reliable. Mine has 250,000 miles on it, so I will never get what its worth on a sale. It's been paid off forever, so even if I get a new car, I'll keep Black Beauty in the pasture."

Forever car

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "long life, V6 best engine made"

Cons: "short wheel base; rougher riding in rear seats"

"Toyota 4Runner best, most reliable car I ever had. I've owned it for 14+ years and still going strong. Never had any engine trouble or any other mechanical problems. Just change oil and do maintenance as suggested and it pays you with long life. I'll never sell this car -- hundreds of thousands of miles to go!"

Absolutely best ever

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "reliable -always starts - classic look - good ride"

Cons: "gas mileage - can be tippy"

"When my granddaughter told me I needed a new car, I said to her, "Darling, cars are like men. When you find a good one,that gives you little trouble, doesn't cost much, keep it - even when it goes out of style." That's this car - the best, most reliable, steady-Eddy I ever owned. 8000miles/yr - very low maintenance - It's a long-term winner."

Best vehicle ever over 400,000 and won't die

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "very very dependable"

Cons: "brakes wear out sooner than expected."

"I have had this vehicle for 13 years and haven't had to replace any major parts yet!!! Love this vehicle wish I didn't have to give it up but I really got my monies worth out of this car. I have driven it up and down the east coast with no issues at all. The motor and transmission won't quit and still are pretty smooth for a suv of this age."

The best SUV I have ever own!

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Does not come with a case of beer! LOL"

"I went from Pathfinder,Jeep Cherokee,Escape,Jeep Grand Cherokee to my 4runner so I have been a driver of a few SUV s. I test drove this 4runner for about 3 hours and it was very difficult to go back and fight for a good price! I was in loved with this SUV! The car had 100,000 miles, I got it took to a Toyota mechanic in my area did the timing belt, cam seals,spark plugs,thermostat and gasket,valve cover gasket,PVC valve,water pump and gasket,new coolant,rear and front differential oil change a service. This was done as maintenance not due to need. 111,000 on the clock and this baby perks great! this car is the best one I have ever owned and by the way I am 62 years old, been around,Recommendation, The Great One to Own!"

LOVE LOVE my 4Runner

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "Solid smooth feel. Super reliable. Looks cool!"

Cons: "Small for a family of 4. No bigger than a Prius."

"I bought this used when it was one year old. I've now had it 10 years and the only thing that stopped working was the motor for the radio antenna. Nothing else has EVER gone wrong with this. I've had the normal routine tune-ups and it just keeps going and going. We could and should buy a bigger more expensive vehicle but I'm torn because I love this so much!"

These Used Toyota 4 Runners are BULLIT PROOF !!!

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "It will get you there and back safely !!"

Cons: "Rides like a Truck,a bit under powered !!"

"If you are in the Market for a Terrific 4 Wheel drive Vehicle, You cant do better than a Toyota 4 Runner no matter what the miles on it !! Do a search and try and find one used,from 1995 to 2005 there just are not any around !! There plenty of Jeeps,Ford Explorers,a ton of GMC's and Chevys 4X4's and only a few 4 Runners,that in it;s self should tell you something !"