2001 Toyota 4Runner

9.4

Based on 797 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

Very Reliable, Strong, Powerful SUV

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Engine is excellent, ETC power, alloy wheels"

Cons: "Gas mileage, and position of cup holder"

"I am the orignal owner of my '97 4Runner SR5/4WD. I have high expections and it deliveries. I have had no major engine or component issues. Timing belt was replaced twice each 80K. Gas mileage could be better I am aveaging about 18 mpg combined, it better on the highway. It has pretty much kept it's value."

Like a loyal friend

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "4wd setup, rear window, reliability, durability"

"Bought this 4runner in 2002 with 20k miles. Put some Old Man Emu shocks and springs on it and have been happy every since I've owned it. The harder I drive it the better it runs. I take it off road every chance I get and have dogged the heck out of it and it just keeps going. I still smile everytime I get in it to drive it. Love the 2wd, permanent 4wd, 4hi /4lo set up. Don't know if I can own a vehicle without a power back window ever again. It's the perfect size; small enough for trails and parking lots but large enough to lay the back seats down and sleep in during camping trips. Tows a 19ft boat with ease and has withstood Labrador Retrievers pouncing on the seats for 12 yrs. Bottom line: it tows, it hauls, has good road manners and very capable off roading straight out of the box."

Toyota 4Runners and 4 wheel drive trucks AAA+.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "4+4's pricey but best,Cars best in all catagories."

Cons: "I perfer the 1979 price than the 2014 price."

"I've owned 3 Toyota 4Runners all 4+4's but one, four Toyota 4+4 trucks, 3 Toyota cars, Celica, Avalon and Camry most exceeding 100,000 to 200,000 thousand miles. Not one has ever failed, not even a flaw. My wife loves her Toyota for handling, sporty, most of all reliability. I perform routine servicing, oil & filter change, air filter, antifreeze, lube, cleaning interior and exterior. I do purchase extreme off-road tires for hunting, keep original tires for driving. I purchased a 1979 Toyota 4+4 truck and have owned one ever since. They are extremely durable and reliable. As an avid outdoorsman, hunting, fishing locally and abroad, Toyota is all I will buy. I've owned 5 other manufacturers 4+4's, a couple high end models, all left me stranded. You maintain your Toyota they will maintain you."

WORTH WAAAAY MORE THAN $5000!!! Way More!!!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "EVERYTHING!!!"

Cons: "Wished I bought one sooner."

"The TRUE VALUE of your Toyota 4Runner is based on the TRUE VALUE and what people are WILLING to pay for it. Because it is such an AWESOME, RELIABLE, GREAT Truck, it is worth waaaaay more than this Blue Book says in my opinion. Just ask any 4Runner owner that stops by you. In the WA state area these are selling for $8-10k with ease."

Read Consumer reports before purchase in 2002

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable. Well built. V-6 gets down the road"

Cons: "Location of cupholder."

"2nd owner of my 97 V-6 SR5. Purchased in 2002 with 45K miles for 22,000.00 from dealership. Never a problem and now has 156000 miles. At 90K I had the timing belt done and my Toyota mechanic ( who is a friend ) said it did not need to be replaced-that the belt was fine. There was a recall on the rear coil spring that Toyota covered in 2002. We Change oil every 3000 get tires rotated and I keep garaged and clean. Runs like new and truck is still tight. The only complaint I have is the location of the cupholder. I have had people ask me what year it is as they want one. I will never sell it and to me it is worth way more than KBB shows."

I WILL NEVER SELL THIS CAR SO DON'T ASK

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Great investment and a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "not new"

"Kelly valued my car at $4,036, I paid about $15,000 second hand off a dealership and I will never sell my car! Men have asked to buy my car and I wonder why they want it; I know why I won't sell it. My car is worth more than $4k, it's 4 cylinders and it's the best money I ever spent. What ever my car needs I get it and give it to her. She is parked all year in doors. I use her for my cake deliveries and she has taken me to Key West Florida 4 times with no problem, My foot already knows how fast we are doing, I love my car if I buy or want another car I will have two because she is mine until death do us part."

My video

My Toyota rides nicer than the scenery looks.!!!!!!!!!

This is an excellent SUV

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Extremely low maintenance for 210000mi"

"Rain or snow or freeway this Forerunner works just fine."

Great Daily Driver, Great Off-road, Very Reliable

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Great off-road, very reliable."

"This is a very reliable vehicle. No matter how many miles are on it. As long as it's been taken care of, it will run forever. It's great off-road. It's great in the snow, it's great on any terrain. Even stock, it will get you through any terrain. Mine has 305k miles and runs like new. The 3.4 liter V6 is one of the best engines Toyota has ever made. The only thing I don't like about this vehicle, is the front suspension. Toyota should have put a solid axel in these, instead of IFS."

good condition, only one owner

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

"good condition, only one owner"

I love my 4runner, over 200,000 miles going strong

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Joy to drive, relable, great quality."

Cons: "Gas mileage is poor."

"I am owner number 5 of my 2000 4runner, bought it with 195,000 miles on it and 10 months later it has 207,000. Great vehicle, very durable and the quality is great. Leather seats still look brand new after 14 years. This thing is a tank I feel very safe. I got in a accident in the snow in this car and it didn't even leave a mark on mine. There is not doubt in my mind that my 4runner will make it to 300,000 miles. Someday soon I hope ill be buying a new 4runner."