2001 Toyota 4Runner

9.4

Based on 779 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I love this truck

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Feels reliable and safe"

Cons: "The newer trucks are not the same"

"I love this truck. I test drove a new one and it was not the same as my 2002 4runner."

Absolutely best ever

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "reliable -always starts - classic look - good ride"

Cons: "gas mileage - can be tippy"

"When my granddaughter told me I needed a new car, I said to her, "Darling, cars are like men. When you find a good one,that gives you little trouble, doesn't cost much, keep it - even when it goes out of style." That's this car - the best, most reliable, steady-Eddy I ever owned. 8000miles/yr - very low maintenance - It's a long-term winner."

Very Reliable, Strong, Powerful SUV

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Engine is excellent, ETC power, alloy wheels"

Cons: "Gas mileage, and position of cup holder"

"I am the orignal owner of my '97 4Runner SR5/4WD. I have high expections and it deliveries. I have had no major engine or component issues. Timing belt was replaced twice each 80K. Gas mileage could be better I am aveaging about 18 mpg combined, it better on the highway. It has pretty much kept it's value."

Like a loyal friend

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "4wd setup, rear window, reliability, durability"

"Bought this 4runner in 2002 with 20k miles. Put some Old Man Emu shocks and springs on it and have been happy every since I've owned it. The harder I drive it the better it runs. I take it off road every chance I get and have dogged the heck out of it and it just keeps going. I still smile everytime I get in it to drive it. Love the 2wd, permanent 4wd, 4hi /4lo set up. Don't know if I can own a vehicle without a power back window ever again. It's the perfect size; small enough for trails and parking lots but large enough to lay the back seats down and sleep in during camping trips. Tows a 19ft boat with ease and has withstood Labrador Retrievers pouncing on the seats for 12 yrs. Bottom line: it tows, it hauls, has good road manners and very capable off roading straight out of the box."

Toyota 4Runners and 4 wheel drive trucks AAA+.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "4+4's pricey but best,Cars best in all catagories."

Cons: "I perfer the 1979 price than the 2014 price."

"I've owned 3 Toyota 4Runners all 4+4's but one, four Toyota 4+4 trucks, 3 Toyota cars, Celica, Avalon and Camry most exceeding 100,000 to 200,000 thousand miles. Not one has ever failed, not even a flaw. My wife loves her Toyota for handling, sporty, most of all reliability. I perform routine servicing, oil & filter change, air filter, antifreeze, lube, cleaning interior and exterior. I do purchase extreme off-road tires for hunting, keep original tires for driving. I purchased a 1979 Toyota 4+4 truck and have owned one ever since. They are extremely durable and reliable. As an avid outdoorsman, hunting, fishing locally and abroad, Toyota is all I will buy. I've owned 5 other manufacturers 4+4's, a couple high end models, all left me stranded. You maintain your Toyota they will maintain you."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25