2000 Toyota 4Runner

9.4

Based on 798 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

Awesome

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I have owned my '98 4Runner since new (9 1/2 Years) and have never had ANY problems!! I maintained it faithfully, and that is all I ever had to do to it. It still runs perfectly, and after 121k miles, it is not even middle-aged yet. It has been a remarkable vehicle, and is well deserving of the cult-like following 4Runners have."

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

Most Reliable SUV ever built

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"This 4Runner had never given me a problem and is the smoothest efficent SUV I have ever owned. This is my second 4Runner, I bought the first year it was a whole body 4Runner in 1990. I put 150K on her and traded her in on this 1998 model and they just keep getting better. This one will be traded in for a 2008 as soon as they come out. You will never be sorry you spent the money on a 4Runner. Good Luck to each of you."

2000 4-Runner

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I've owned Toyota's since 1984, started overseas with a Celica hatchback. Moved back to the states in '86 and got another used Celica hatchback then quickly moved up to a new pickup. Then within the year I saw my first 4-Runner and just had to get it. It was a new '86, yes that's right I went from a Celica to a pickup to the 4-Runner in just a year (just so it's clear, I wasn't disappointed with the first two). I kept that runner (a 4-banger) for 14 years, it even went to Germany with me for 8 years. It took me to Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands, East Germany and all over West Germany. I really abused it over there in Europe, like not changing oil, not polishing, and very high speeds. I even had a low speed head on collision with a small pickup (Ford Courier type) in '93...I won, the other pickup was totalled but I drove home, luckily there were no injuries. The only problems I had was a leaky water pump, a stuck closed thermostat, and bad oil pump. Back in Idaho I finally traded up in 2000 to this one. It was the last standard stick shift on the lot. I put 82K on it so far and I'm taking a lot better care of this one than I did my first. Only had two major problems, both rt & lt rear axle bearing boots failed (not at the same time) and had to replace the bearings seals and brake shoes (soaked with oil). One under warranty and the other 20K miles later. I did have the automatic antenna mast replaced but that was because of a couple winters worth of driving through freezing fog. The ice build up tends to wreak havoc on the drive when it tries to pull it back down. Gas mileage is still steady at 19 MPG. Best is 22, worst was 13 when pulling a U-haul trailer 600 miles from Idaho to Vegas. Did very well on the 2,700 mile trip from Boise to Montgomery, the trip back was the same. I plan on keeping this till it dies...Sorry Toyota I'm a loyal customer but I won't be buying another for a long time. Toyota, I don't see how anyone could go wrong with buying one, the value far exceeds the price. I'm actually thinking of adding a Prius, Tundra, or Sienna to my garage...we'll see."

Hard to let go....

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I have never owned a better vehicle. It has been great fun, practical and dependable. From 4 wheeling to commuting it has exceeded my expectations. My job requires a different type of vehicle and that is the only reason I have to let it go. My loss, someones gain..."