1998 Toyota 4Runner

9.4

Based on 829 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

pretty amazing vehicle!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "great all around vehicle"

Cons: "engine compartment is a little cramped"

"the toyota 4runner, in my experience, is one of the best all-around production vehicles made. especially in when looking at the 3rd gen models. with the creation of the highlander toyota developers were allowed to develop the 3rd gen 4runners, and later models, to be specifically enhanced offroad. while also still maintaining great on road performance and handling. on road they ride smooth, turn accurately, with little to no oversteer, and accelerate aggressively. off road they keep an astonishing weight to power ratio and are able to pull you out of whatever you may find yourself in. even on street tires with open differentials you still wont be stopped. and like all other toyotas they are build to last. im pushing 250,000 miles now with no signs of wearing down."

Excellent vehicle, very reliable!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Excellent and reliable vehicle from all points of view"

Cons: "None!"

"I own this car now for 11 years and is driving like new. Excellent engine and pretty good on gas comparable with newer models!Never have any issues other that normal tear and wear (tires, brakes, belts). High value retention, too. Highly recommended."

Best vehicle I have ever had. I love it!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Like the seats and warmers; like sitting high."

Cons: "Some of the plastic parts break - cup holders,etc."

"The reliablity has been wonderful. I have had no maintenance on the car other than the 3000 mile oil change, which I have kept on time. Even the tires lasted. I have bought new tires only once in twelve years. I fully recommend this car. I will actually be sorrowful when I have to get a new car, but it will be a Toyota."

Besy suv ever build by toyota

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Cons: "none,"

"I build my 4runner on/off road, arb front bumper, yakima roofrack,lift kit, and 32" tires and this truck keeps in an amazing good condition, mud, wet roads, snow, sand, you name it nothing stop this car. And the best, vary cheap maintenance, regular gas, easy to work on it, $200 for a full tune-up...!!!! DIY."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Great family recreational vehicle"

Cons: "unkown at this time"

"I purchased a used 1999 4runner SRS with 167k. I heard that Toyota 4runners were reliable and a good family vehicle. I have had no complaints. It rides better than my previous car which was a 2004. My 9 year old loves the rear floor A/C unit in the summer and heater in the winter. All windows including my sunroof can be rolled down during those few nice days in Phoenix. I had to replace normal wear and tear items such as belts and hoses, but with regular oil changes I havent had any major issues. I have taken our 4Runner to Jerome, Sedona, Tuscon, never once having manuevering problems or offroading problems.I installed an aftermarket safari rack on it and looks very appealing. Within the first year of purchase I have had at least three random people ask if we were thinking about selling. I have approximately 197k original miles and still running like its new. The interior is strong, but not as easy to clean as the new tighter woven fabric. I am able to fit 2 adults 3 kids 9-16 in the back and three full sized Labs in the rear,no problem. The rear seat folds completely down where i have carried lumber and hiking gear including 2 mountain bikes.The rear had many tie down spots to allow bungie cords to be strapped down to prevent shifting of contents. For a 99 I was pleasantly surprised that all windows were power and that they were so smooth and quick. The driver has the ablility to do a one-touch press so both drivers and passengers window goes down at once. This feature is great, I dont like taking my hand off the wheel offroading and holding a button down to roll down the passenger window. Overall this is a great vehicle, has met all my families needs and I would recommend this vehicle to friends and families."