1998 Toyota 4Runner

9.4

Based on 810 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Reason: time for a new car

"The only complaint I ever had about my 1999 4runner is that the AC could barely be felt when I had it set at low, but when I put it on the next setting up (1) it was like I was in a refrigerator. Anyway, I loved this car for 15 years, never had any real problems. It is going to a good home tomorrow. Sad to end this stage of my car life. Such an awesome car."

new P 265 70 R 16 Firestone LE 2 Tires

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive in deep snow! Seems un stopable!!"

Cons: "Ride is a bit branny but exspect that on rugged fr"

"Rebuilt drive shaft with all new bearings"

this a good conditions car and don't have any mach

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

"I can recomended for a y person ego want to buy"

best vehicle

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "front seat adjustment not too good"

"Very good suv"

this rEALLY IS the best vehicle I've ever had.

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Just LOVE the whole look and operation."

Cons: "uses a lot of gas"

"I don't know the value of my truck for the rating above, that is why I am on this site. It has the power of a truck, but the smooth ride of a car. I always get comments on how great the "ride" is. Am thinking of upgrading, so need help putting a value on this truck. It has been "A GOOD ONE" for me over the past years. I love my 16" wheels so I can see over cars on the Interstates, and spot signs."

I must have got the lemon in Toyota's 4runners

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "paint looks good"

"I must have bought a lemon. at first it was not too bad but as the milage was put on many things started to break. first it was the transmission $3650, then it was my power steering pump $300, then it was my transfer case and my transmission again, another $700, then it was how the car started up. it would not start up right. I kept bringing it back to be fixed, but no one could figure out what was wrong with it. that has gone on now for over two years and several thousand dollars. than the interior starts to break and pieces of the wood trim start to come off, the sun roof leaked and was finally fixed, the car also leaked from underneath the passengers side floor board when it rains, still not fixed, also when it rains the drivers seat belt becomes wet and you can not use it unless you want to get your clothes wet, at first it seemed like a nice car, i have two of them and the other one did not do this, but it is a limited so that might be why. I would not buy one again, the 4 wheel drive is not good and the car's interior is very small, any one who is 5' 10" or more will have a hard time in the drivers seat, and if you have some body weight on you forget fitting in the front seats, the back seats are rated for three but there is no way you can put 3 people back there, they would have to be small children for them to fit right, oh yea the tires are very expensive since it is an off road vehicle, thanks toyota for one very loosey car."

These Used Toyota 4 Runners are BULLIT PROOF !!!

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "It will get you there and back safely !!"

Cons: "Rides like a Truck,a bit under powered !!"

"If you are in the Market for a Terrific 4 Wheel drive Vehicle, You cant do better than a Toyota 4 Runner no matter what the miles on it !! Do a search and try and find one used,from 1995 to 2005 there just are not any around !! There plenty of Jeeps,Ford Explorers,a ton of GMC's and Chevys 4X4's and only a few 4 Runners,that in it;s self should tell you something !"

an owesome sport vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "awesome"

"No words can describe what this vehicle has meant to me.Been with me for 13 years."

One of the best built vehicles hands down!

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, long lasting, and great value!"

Cons: "No rear air, tight interior."

"I purchased my 4Runner in 2003 with about 26,000 miles on it and have been driving it ever since. Tons of big mileage trips loaded with gear, easy 4x4ing, and plenty of hauling, this car has done right by me! Eleven years later with a total 248,000+ miles and it's still running well. Aside from the regular maintenance, over the years I've replaced all the shocks/struts, brakes, inner/outer tie rod ends, sway bar & steering rack bushings. The only major repairs which all seemed to happen in the same year included replacement of the transmission at 230,000 miles (when it finally gave out), a new cat, and a total cleaning of the fuel intake system which had years of carbon build up. It's lost some of it's fuel efficiency and you can tell the power isn't what it used to be, but it still a dependable driver and fully capable road trip/camping vehicle. I've owned some great GMC & Ford 3/4 ton pickups as well as my share of cars from VW, Ford, Mazda, Pontiac, and Dodge but have to say that Toyota did it right with the 2001 4Runner. It is a well made, dependable, long running vehicle and I will keep on driving it to at least 300k!"

BEST I'VE EVER OWNED

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable Reliable Reliable"

Cons: "Could have more leg room"

"Purchased this new with 52 miles showing. 471,000 miles later I still take it on trips under 250 miles. I drive 110 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. Never had an issue other than changed starter (2006) and alternator (2012). Going to buy another to replace it shortly."