1995 Toyota 4Runner

8.3

Based on 219 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

17 Years of dependability

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Body style - comfortable - nice drive - dependable"

Cons: "Gas mileage bad - engine power - safety issue"

"My odometer is just over 65,000 miles. NO, it did not 'turn'. Original owner! R/T to work 2.2 miles, now retired. Most mileage was of course trips, at usually 1,000 miles or more. I bought the whole pkg, incl 4-door, roof rack, running boards, great sound system, leather. People ask me to sell, nope. Love the tawny brown color. I can afford a new car, this SUV makes me ask why. To explain that AND give the reader (Hi!) what you need, I'll do this PRO/CON. PROS: I enjoy driving it. Quality workmanship - Few parts have failed - Beautifully designed, so it still looks 'new'. Tho' smaller than today's, 5 passengers ride comfortably, and storage is good after flipping the back seats down. Height is good for seeing traffic ahead on the freeway, which I see as a must. My leather upholstery holds up very well. I have a great factory sound system; good speakers in back. Sun roof is fantastic. Big, with a sliding shade. I've had no problems with the engine or drive train. It always passes smog. I did replace all tires at around 50K miles. 4WD is great; though I don't offroad regularly I compare to my old 4x4 Jeep, and as long as you watch clearance closely and avoid stuff that will scrape the paint, etc., it's great for some off-roading. CONS: Terrible gas mileage is the common complaint. Best I ever got was driving 70 mph, long trip, straight flat road = 16 mpg. City? fuggitaboutit. 12, sometimes 10. Engine power is great once you get up to speed, and the road is flat. It quickly bogs down on hills, even 'empty'; if a road hog slows you down you'll never get your speed back up as long as you are climbing. I think I hate this the most. Except maybe safety. No airbags, only standard across the chest"

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

"I purchased this car when it was brand new in 1994 and sadly, i had to depart with it due to an accident 03/22/08 that resulted in a rollover and totalled this car. However, I belive that the car was built so good that it help to save my life. I just wish that there was some way that you could make the SUV's to prevent them from rolling over. All-in-all, i am a very satisfied owner and plan on purchasing the 2008 SR5 Sports 4 runner."

Highly Recomended

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "amazing 4wd, very comfortable, very reliable"

Cons: "lack of power and lack of mpg"

"Great vehicle not perfect but real close to it! Never let me down, and never got stuck has 4" lift and 32x11.50R15 and they are amazing with the 4runners 4wd system I love it and would recomend it to everyone"

I love this truck, it is the best!

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Dependable, Looks great,"

Cons: "Cup holders limit air vents when used"

"I love my 4Runner, I upkeep the maintenance on it, and it runs like a champ. I have owned several vehicles, more than 12 or so??? This is one of the best, I love Toyota's (owned 4 of them). This truck looks tuff, and drives strong. There is a long list of great things about this truck mostly the quality and the life of the truck. It is extremely dependable, and I love the way that the back window comes down and you have a tailgate to sit on! I love the sunroof and that it is so well made it does not leak even though it is a 1995 truck! The quality shows also in the cruise and radio controls being on the steering wheel. I will tell you the couple of small negatives. On the model I have the cup holders are in front of the AC vents, blocking some air flow. The Toyota's in general have a weakness of the driver door not locking and unlocking with the others, and mine has that problem. One of my back windows does not work properly, but as I said my truck is 17 years old."

best vehicle ever!

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "cup holder, head rest, rear seats"

"I bough this car in february of 2011 i was the 3rd owner and bought it with 242,348mi the car has never failed the car is salvage and is still running the a/c blws extremely cold and there have been no major repairs ever done to this car the car will last foreve. The car is slower compared to newer models but still is great"