1995 Toyota 4Runner

8.3

Based on 219 Ratings for the 1990 - 1995 models.

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"We bought our 1995 SUV in '97 with 70,000 miles on it! Ten years later we have 170,000+ miles and it still looks great! The back seat is small, so now with two kids we're looking to sell it and I'm amazed at the value this everyday driver has maintained. A great purchase and investment for our family!"

SUPER DUPER VEHIcLE

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I've had mine, new in 1993, now have 325000 miles on it. What a great vehicle. It has been all over USA on and Off road. Never a problem. Only routine maintenece...Still going strong on original engine. I have onlymreplaced the clutch on this car twice. Remarkable. I wish the new 4-Runner were as reliable!"

our forerunner

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"We bought ours new in 1995 and have had great luck with it. It is not the most comfortable, but I know when I get in it, it WILL get me where I need to go. I would recommend buying this japanese made vehicle, even if it is used"

Love this car

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, low 4wd can get you out of anything"

Cons: "Doesn't drive like a sports car"

"I bought this car new in 1992. It's never left me stranded, and repairs have been minimal. Mileage is close to what it was when it was new. I've carted all sorts of stuff with it, and towed a trailer multiple times. Given that it was built on a truck body, it's reasonably comfortable, even for long drives. Great vehicle."

This was my second car ever, and I love it.

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Big and safe, reliable, and great storage"

Cons: "needs more cup holders! and in different places"

"This truck has been great! It kinda stinks on gas but they always keep going. Try to keep minor maintenance going or you might have a big problem later. Cheap to fix big problems though because the guy i bought mine from used and abused it but it only cost me 1200 to get everything fixed And a lot was out in it and broken. So by far a very good vehicle for a high school or college student."

BY FAR THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!!

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

"Have owned many vehicles in my 61years. Including Lexus and Jaguar....my 4Runner is still my favorite!"

Most reliable, best in snow, best 4x4 ever owned

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Cheap, fun to drive, off road, snow!!!!"

Cons: "shudders, slower than I like."

"Love the car. Drinks gas (15-17 city) but it's worth it. Its high up, doesnt feel sloshy when driving, will last for many many miles without any major maintenance. Definitely would recommend the 5spd as it will save you a couple miles/ gallon and it's more fun. The oversized wheels are the best for snow, driving over curbs etc. Never worry about scratchin the rims. The thing is a beast and will never die. TopGear couldnt even kill one. Mine has 171k and it drives like it has 30k. I dont know how they do it!! Interior: go with the cloth if you can find it. It saves weight and has a nice old car smell. ( personally i like that) One complaint is that the paneling inside is a little cheap. It tends to shudder when going over bumps. Electrical is impeccable. All around a really great ride. v6 is not better than 4cyl. its 4hp more and weighs almost twice as much. Plus it's not ye-olden-day 22RE. Happy travels!! :)"

goes everywhere, does everything

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "holds its value, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "mpg's"

"I have owned this car for about 2 1/2 years. In that time have put about 60k miles on it, because it goes everywhere and does everything! Best outdoor activity vehicle, ever. I love the 4wd for getting around in snowy Oregon winters (and muddy springs!), not to mention that favorite swimming spot in the summer. So much fun to drive, especially manual. Back seats fold down to allow plenty of room for camping gear and furry friends. The only downside is that your friends will ask you to help them move! But seriously, gas mileage could be better. But it could also be worse. Mine gets around 22mpg highway, less in town. My solution? Just ride a bike around town ;) I forded a creek in my 4-runner this year. Last year, i buried it in liquid mud halfway up the doors. Can you say, Burl?"

LOTS OF FUN

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"HAVE OWNED SINCE 1999 HAD 60000 THEN NOW 274000 STILL SOLID AND WILL GO ANYPLACE U WANT TO GO OFF ROAD NOTHING IT CANT DO"

w00t

By on Sunday, March 21, 2010

"this truck is a fun one, the manual 4wd is a definate good use for anything you need, also it is a very comfortable ride & i love to roll down all 6 of my windows down (doors, moon roof & tailgate) while cruisin with the music goin. Love it & not going to trade it"