1995 Toyota 4Runner

8.3

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1990 - 1995 models.

great classic

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "tight space"

"My white Toyota 4Runner limited edition has actually been bought off of the showroom floor at the dealership back in 1995. She she was a beauty back in its day. It was bought for about $34,000 and ever since today, she has had no problems! Not even the breaks or engine has ever failed on us. The only issue I had were just the rusting that occurs overtime underneath the car. Otherwise, the car has many things installed including tinted light brown windows, bass system, dvd system, window deflectors, fender trims, and side steps. Not only that, but with michelin snow tires, it CAN, and I repeat, it can tow a Hummer out of snow! She rides through huge piles of snow every winter easily rarely swerving. I love it and I would never sell it. Even the dealership offered the value for a tradin value at $7500! Unfortunately, the car is now considered a complete loss from being parked on the street. I miss my 4Runner!"

Great classic

Cons: "little space"

Great classic

Cons: "little space"

Great vehicle, needs more cup holders

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Runs great for a 20 year old truck."

Cons: "Needs better cup holders."

"Overall my family and I love the vehicle. It still gets okay gas mileage for a 20 year old truck, and its plenty roomy. Only downside is the dash-mounted cup holders. If they were in the "normal" spot, right behind the shifter like most vehicles now, then this would be a perfect 10/10 truck for me and my family."

Best SUV

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliability and quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage ..not good for fast drivers."

"This is a wonderful SUV. Looks are totally classic.. Air conditioning still works even in 105 Atlanta summers. Engine excellent..a big step up from corolla in 1998 for me. Sold the vehicle to a friend 3 years ago. Still drive it 4-5 times a year. Amazing reliability and quality."

If you want to be someone, start with a 4 Runner

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Incredibly comfortable vehicle and 4WD horse."

Cons: "Didn't make enough of them."

"This is my second 4Runner, my first being an 89' which I drove for 550.000 miles, replacing the head gaskets at 330,00 miles and finally moving on when weighing up the cost of general repairs. I bought my next 4 Runner with 213,000 miles on for $1000,00 and in need of head gaskets. I bought it with a 3" lift kit and over sized tires which caused major problems of accelerated wear to the front end but once I took the lift kit off and rebuilt the front end she drives as tight as a new vehicle. The 94 has exactly the same internal dimensions as the 89 and I have already used the fold down storage for sleeping in while camping. The 4wd is unbeatable. I was out a couple of weeks ago in 12" of snow and past many vehicles stuck in the ditches. At some point I will move on but for the moment the horse pulls anything including Bobcats, car trailers, stumps out of the ground and most of all other vehicles out of the holes they buried themselves in."

This is a vehicle that keeps on running!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"The 4-runner is a pleasure to own. Every time we consider trading it in or selling it, we decide to keep it. Our 4-runner has taken us across the country, around town, and everything in between. It still runs excellent and has lots of power. We have done all the necessary maintenance and have been very rewarded. I would say that our operating cost for repairs, oil changes, tires and general maintenance has been less than $600/year over the last 8 years."

This is a great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "These vehicles are very dependable."

Cons: "They can be slightly under powered."

"I have had my 4runner for about four years now. (2010-2014) I got it off a guy for $500.00. The best $500 I have ever spent. The only major thing that I had to do to it so far is fix some rust. This vehicle is slightly under powered but still goes good down the highway. The 4x4 in these vehicles is amazing, they go just about anywhere. Other than the typical maintance (oil change, timing belt, etc.), these 3vze (3.0 v6) engines run for hundreds of thousands of miles. I know this from experience, this is not my first 3vze. The 22re (4 cylinder) engines are just as good if taken care of properly. My truck lasted 300,000 miles before I had to do a valve job on it. Don't underestimate these vehicles just because they are imported."

Reliable, Safe, Best I've owned

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance. Great in bad conditions. Reliable"

Cons: "Not fantastic mpg. Not high speed (80+)"

"Great vehicle. Have had very few problems (actually only issues have been very minor and were previous owner inflicted). Low maintenance. Does GREAT in inclement weather. Toyota made a winner with this. If you are looking for a high speed, sporty, flashy car, keep looking. If you want a very dependable, long lasting, off road, reliable rig, this is it. Best vehicle I've owned."

the best

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "power, high suspension, narrow, tall, strong"

Cons: "not great for highway"

"My Toyota 4runner was the ONLY truck that made it out after hurricane Katrina!!! it crossed down trees, crossed creeks, deep mud....water. if I could say a truck that can save your life is this Toyota 4runner, it would be true. Katrina didn't stop this truck"

With proper maintenance this truck will last

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliability toyota quality"

Cons: "Under powered"

"Bought my 95 4runner 10 years ago used was a California rig so very few rust spots. Towed many trailers and boat With the 22re engine, very under powered but still capable of going the speed limit on the highway, uphill it worked hard.Replaced the clutch at around 180.000 miles. Nothing but shocks, brakes, radiator and starter since I got it. It blew a head gasket at around 230.000 miles and instead of doing proper repair I fixed it with a sealant in thru the radiator and it lasts another 30k miles. It's got 260,000 miles on it and still runs but has a bad gasket, I've retired the old girl and bought a 2004 4runner. Love these trucks!!!"

Great SUV

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "fun, useful, reliable,"

Cons: "slow pickup, bumpers rot fast, poor gas mileage"

"I purchased this car when it was already 9 years old. I neded it for moving stock for my business, it holds lots of items making it work to make me money. This car never failed me in any conditions. When my business was done I took it off roading and had a blast with my dog, I beat this car to a pulp but it still runs great. I also use it to haul lumber since I love to make wooden things for my home. The only thing is the bumpers rotted out twice. I just came home and found a sticker on my door someone wants to know if I am willing to sell it. That is a touigh thing since I often think about it but somehow I just can't. There is only one thing when driving, it has a poor excelleration and can;t seem to get out of its own way, other than that you can't beat this car. I am a retired senior...."

Highly Recomended

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "amazing 4wd, very comfortable, very reliable"

Cons: "lack of power and lack of mpg"

"Great vehicle not perfect but real close to it! Never let me down, and never got stuck has 4" lift and 32x11.50R15 and they are amazing with the 4runners 4wd system I love it and would recomend it to everyone"

one of the best suv ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "confort,easy and fun to drive"

Cons: "cup holder is in wrong place, just above radio oth"

"other than putting in brakes and fixing the rear window so it would go down this 4 runner started and i had no major problems. i would recommend this to people."

This was my second car ever, and I love it.

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Big and safe, reliable, and great storage"

Cons: "needs more cup holders! and in different places"

"This truck has been great! It kinda stinks on gas but they always keep going. Try to keep minor maintenance going or you might have a big problem later. Cheap to fix big problems though because the guy i bought mine from used and abused it but it only cost me 1200 to get everything fixed And a lot was out in it and broken. So by far a very good vehicle for a high school or college student."

Great SUV fun to drive

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "4x4 5speed mpg"

Cons: "does not have enough power"

"this has been a great truck, mine is lifted with 31" tires and for the most part gets decent gas around 19mpg the 4x4 works great both on and off the road!! I did have to put in a new timing belt but it only cost me like $500 so I could not complain!!"

good driver clean inside no dents

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "small in side"

"good power train all mantance"

Very reliable

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable, able to move on any terrain."

Cons: "repairs can be fairly expensive."

"Ive had this car for 5 years and after 230000 miles, the trany went out even though the car wouldnt move in normal drive, the car moved on 4x4 low. what amazes me, is that even though the transfer case on high went out, i was still able to move the car on low to a safe place away from the road. highly recommendable for a person who is looking for reliability and not a big fan of having constant problems with the car."

I wouldn't recommend it

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, it's a 4WD monster."

Cons: "Likes to hydroplane, no power, hard to work on."

"I bought mine a year ago, I've had to repair it constantly. If you're looking for something that you can jump in and have fun, or even get to work on time, keep looking. If you're looking for a project, go for it. This toyota has NO room to work in though, the engine is completely crammed in."

Awesome Truck

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"It's a great truck, never had any problems with it, beside the typical headgasket blowing coming over the pass. But it drove all the way home and out to the shop to get fixed even. Also looking at doing the very easy 3.4L swap into it."

perfect balence, heaviy loaded on the durable side

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "wont die! no matter how hard ive hit it"

Cons: "not great gas, rear windows not needed."

"cheap enough to not care if it gets a slap from a tree but tough enough to keep driving over that tree. i use mine as a commuter and for recreation. everythings simply built and easy an easy fix. 100 percent stock, not even all terain tires ive run it though the woods though trails not much wider then it is at 25-35 and it holds its own to any other truck i put a 1 inch rubber mat in the bed to keep from having to clean the carpet. but apart from that i treat it just like my tractor. but all good things must come to an end, i hit a tellephone pole and broke the tie rod which sent me down a hill and into a cattle farm, hanging from hot wire it hung over a ravene. a 6x2z1 inch peace of the telephone pole was lodged between the tire and rim and the tire was sill inflated, towed home drove it up the driveway and into the garage, one tire facing the wrong way, and the most expensive part of the wreck was paying for the tow home. fixed it but smashed the frame under her. took it to ntb where they said an alignment was impossible, said the tires would wear out in a week maybe. its been 3 months and its been driven everyday to school and back, 20 miles each way. and shes yet to cause me trouble. id recomend this truck to anyone who has somewhere to be and needs to get there no matter whats in their way"

one of the best small SUVs out there

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "high ground clearance low maintenance, comfortable"

Cons: "low mpg, get a newer model if you can even the V8"

"All out styling is great, reliability is exceptional, zero problems, QUALITY and an enjoyable vehicle to drive, own and even camp in."

Best inclement weather vehicle ever!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Manual trans is fun to drive, feels like a truck."

Cons: "'92 is underpowered. That's it!"

"The vehicle has been very reliable and has made it through the toughest deepest snow blizzards this area has ever had. It is the best vehicle given the worst road conditions. The downside: the '92 is underpowered and prone to rusting on the metal bumpers. In 2WD, the vehicle has poor traction in wet conditions. If the roads are wet, the vehicle is in 4WD."

I love this truck, it is the best!

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Dependable, Looks great,"

Cons: "Cup holders limit air vents when used"

"I love my 4Runner, I upkeep the maintenance on it, and it runs like a champ. I have owned several vehicles, more than 12 or so??? This is one of the best, I love Toyota's (owned 4 of them). This truck looks tuff, and drives strong. There is a long list of great things about this truck mostly the quality and the life of the truck. It is extremely dependable, and I love the way that the back window comes down and you have a tailgate to sit on! I love the sunroof and that it is so well made it does not leak even though it is a 1995 truck! The quality shows also in the cruise and radio controls being on the steering wheel. I will tell you the couple of small negatives. On the model I have the cup holders are in front of the AC vents, blocking some air flow. The Toyota's in general have a weakness of the driver door not locking and unlocking with the others, and mine has that problem. One of my back windows does not work properly, but as I said my truck is 17 years old."

Never had a problem, Very Satisfied

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Driver Access Tight"

"Never had a problem, Very Satisfied, Purchased it new and had it for 17 years. It is sad to let it go. But, needed a pick-up. So I purchased a 2002 Tacoma."