1995 Toyota 4Runner

8.3

Based on 219 Ratings for the 1990 - 1995 models.

With proper maintenance this truck will last

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliability toyota quality"

Cons: "Under powered"

"Bought my 95 4runner 10 years ago used was a California rig so very few rust spots. Towed many trailers and boat With the 22re engine, very under powered but still capable of going the speed limit on the highway, uphill it worked hard.Replaced the clutch at around 180.000 miles. Nothing but shocks, brakes, radiator and starter since I got it. It blew a head gasket at around 230.000 miles and instead of doing proper repair I fixed it with a sealant in thru the radiator and it lasts another 30k miles. It's got 260,000 miles on it and still runs but has a bad gasket, I've retired the old girl and bought a 2004 4runner. Love these trucks!!!"

Great SUV

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "fun, useful, reliable,"

Cons: "slow pickup, bumpers rot fast, poor gas mileage"

"I purchased this car when it was already 9 years old. I neded it for moving stock for my business, it holds lots of items making it work to make me money. This car never failed me in any conditions. When my business was done I took it off roading and had a blast with my dog, I beat this car to a pulp but it still runs great. I also use it to haul lumber since I love to make wooden things for my home. The only thing is the bumpers rotted out twice. I just came home and found a sticker on my door someone wants to know if I am willing to sell it. That is a touigh thing since I often think about it but somehow I just can't. There is only one thing when driving, it has a poor excelleration and can;t seem to get out of its own way, other than that you can't beat this car. I am a retired senior...."

Safe Bet

By on Monday, May 04, 2009

"Although slightly underpowered in the 0-60 area, this truck does what it was designed to do with extreme prowess. I bought my 95 Limited 6 cylinder 5-speed two years ago with 64K on it and have done nothing other than oil changes and octain boost every 3 months to this date. This truck sees alot of hard usage as far as being driven through no winter maintence roads in deep snow with nothing other than medium tread all season tires, over rough terrain while scouting new mountain bike trials and fishing holes, and has never once gotten stuck or left me stranded. It has also made many trips between NYC and Harrisburg PA (roughly 400 miles each trip) and only uses a little over 1/2 tank each way. My fiance's Nissan Xterra took over a tank just to get to Harrisburg! Also love that the rear seats fold completley down, leaving enough cargo area to put in an air matress with the tail gate down, and fall asleep looking up at the stars. Great camping and all around out door usage vehicle. Tows well too with all the rear glass. There are some minor issues, like the rear power windshield sliding off track and the CD player no longer working, but these are typical wear and tear items that fortunately aren't too salty to fix. Leg room is limited in the back and front passenger side, but as long as the passengers aren't over 6ft you'll be fine. I'm just under 6'3 though and driving is fine. As long as you check the vehicle's interior over well for signs of neglect, and have your regular mechanic put it up on the lift for the seal of approval, I think anyone can feel confident that they are getting a great vehicle that will last for many great outdoor memories. My suggestion; look for a Limited. These vehicles tend to be purchased by people with the money to keep them maintained by the dealer, and more often than not used as a land yacht for transporting kids to and from soccer practise. Look for one with below average miles, and your chances for a happy experience should improve greatly! Not too mention you get the added bells and whistles. Dont expect sports car pick up and you'll love this 4 wheel SUV."

92 4Runner

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Honestly this is a awesome truck! I bought mine from a guy who had obviously never driven it off-road and always babied it in virtually perfect shape 150K on it not running for $2500. It had been sitting on the side of the guys house covered and under a carport for a few years not running cause it would crank but not start. I drained the tank and used the 3-4gal that was in it in my lawn mower, replaced the bad fuel pump, put a new fuel filter, new battery, 2 fuses and I've been driving it since and it now has almost 400K on it. I just follow the manufacturers maintenance schedule and it's been a great truck!"

If you want to be someone, start with a 4 Runner

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Incredibly comfortable vehicle and 4WD horse."

Cons: "Didn't make enough of them."

"This is my second 4Runner, my first being an 89' which I drove for 550.000 miles, replacing the head gaskets at 330,00 miles and finally moving on when weighing up the cost of general repairs. I bought my next 4 Runner with 213,000 miles on for $1000,00 and in need of head gaskets. I bought it with a 3" lift kit and over sized tires which caused major problems of accelerated wear to the front end but once I took the lift kit off and rebuilt the front end she drives as tight as a new vehicle. The 94 has exactly the same internal dimensions as the 89 and I have already used the fold down storage for sleeping in while camping. The 4wd is unbeatable. I was out a couple of weeks ago in 12" of snow and past many vehicles stuck in the ditches. At some point I will move on but for the moment the horse pulls anything including Bobcats, car trailers, stumps out of the ground and most of all other vehicles out of the holes they buried themselves in."