1994 Toyota 4Runner

8.3

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1990 - 1995 models.

If you want to be someone, start with a 4 Runner

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Incredibly comfortable vehicle and 4WD horse."

Cons: "Didn't make enough of them."

"This is my second 4Runner, my first being an 89' which I drove for 550.000 miles, replacing the head gaskets at 330,00 miles and finally moving on when weighing up the cost of general repairs. I bought my next 4 Runner with 213,000 miles on for $1000,00 and in need of head gaskets. I bought it with a 3" lift kit and over sized tires which caused major problems of accelerated wear to the front end but once I took the lift kit off and rebuilt the front end she drives as tight as a new vehicle. The 94 has exactly the same internal dimensions as the 89 and I have already used the fold down storage for sleeping in while camping. The 4wd is unbeatable. I was out a couple of weeks ago in 12" of snow and past many vehicles stuck in the ditches. At some point I will move on but for the moment the horse pulls anything including Bobcats, car trailers, stumps out of the ground and most of all other vehicles out of the holes they buried themselves in."

This is a vehicle that keeps on running!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"The 4-runner is a pleasure to own. Every time we consider trading it in or selling it, we decide to keep it. Our 4-runner has taken us across the country, around town, and everything in between. It still runs excellent and has lots of power. We have done all the necessary maintenance and have been very rewarded. I would say that our operating cost for repairs, oil changes, tires and general maintenance has been less than $600/year over the last 8 years."

This is a great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "These vehicles are very dependable."

Cons: "They can be slightly under powered."

"I have had my 4runner for about four years now. (2010-2014) I got it off a guy for $500.00. The best $500 I have ever spent. The only major thing that I had to do to it so far is fix some rust. This vehicle is slightly under powered but still goes good down the highway. The 4x4 in these vehicles is amazing, they go just about anywhere. Other than the typical maintance (oil change, timing belt, etc.), these 3vze (3.0 v6) engines run for hundreds of thousands of miles. I know this from experience, this is not my first 3vze. The 22re (4 cylinder) engines are just as good if taken care of properly. My truck lasted 300,000 miles before I had to do a valve job on it. Don't underestimate these vehicles just because they are imported."

Reliable, Safe, Best I've owned

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance. Great in bad conditions. Reliable"

Cons: "Not fantastic mpg. Not high speed (80+)"

"Great vehicle. Have had very few problems (actually only issues have been very minor and were previous owner inflicted). Low maintenance. Does GREAT in inclement weather. Toyota made a winner with this. If you are looking for a high speed, sporty, flashy car, keep looking. If you want a very dependable, long lasting, off road, reliable rig, this is it. Best vehicle I've owned."

the best

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "power, high suspension, narrow, tall, strong"

Cons: "not great for highway"

"My Toyota 4runner was the ONLY truck that made it out after hurricane Katrina!!! it crossed down trees, crossed creeks, deep mud....water. if I could say a truck that can save your life is this Toyota 4runner, it would be true. Katrina didn't stop this truck"