1994 Toyota 4Runner

8.3

Based on 219 Ratings for the 1990 - 1995 models.

92 4Runner

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Honestly this is a awesome truck! I bought mine from a guy who had obviously never driven it off-road and always babied it in virtually perfect shape 150K on it not running for $2500. It had been sitting on the side of the guys house covered and under a carport for a few years not running cause it would crank but not start. I drained the tank and used the 3-4gal that was in it in my lawn mower, replaced the bad fuel pump, put a new fuel filter, new battery, 2 fuses and I've been driving it since and it now has almost 400K on it. I just follow the manufacturers maintenance schedule and it's been a great truck!"

Great SUV fun to drive

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "4x4 5speed mpg"

Cons: "does not have enough power"

"this has been a great truck, mine is lifted with 31" tires and for the most part gets decent gas around 19mpg the 4x4 works great both on and off the road!! I did have to put in a new timing belt but it only cost me like $500 so I could not complain!!"

one of the best suv ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "confort,easy and fun to drive"

Cons: "cup holder is in wrong place, just above radio oth"

"other than putting in brakes and fixing the rear window so it would go down this 4 runner started and i had no major problems. i would recommend this to people."

Dependable

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"95 SR5 v-6 2WD, 246,400 miles. City miles only. All the bells and whistles. Head gasket problems @ 210,000. Spent less than $3,000. Perfect again. Toyota certified mechanic suggested to replace engine coolant every 2 years with Toyota coolant and only use Toyota oil filters and it will run forever. Best SUV I've ever owned. I love it."

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"this is the best veihicle i have ever owned. 400000k and it still runs and drives like a dream"

There really is no comparable car out there

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "good offroad"

Cons: "not a racecar, but drinks gas like one. cupholders"

"When i bought this 4runner i was worried because it had 340,000 miles on it. But it was exactly what i was looking for, espcially considering my 2500 dollar price max. It has started right up every time i've needed it. The 4x4 works great, only time i was stuck i was high centered and i have taller tires on my 4runner so i think that says something about how well it does. I'll go on forever about the reliability, comfort and style/cool factor that is the 4runner so i'l try to focus on the few cons it has. #1, it is gutless; i get beat by hybrids/compacts off the line, let alone maneuvering in traffic. #2 the gas mileage should be higher considering the lack of power. #3 the cup holders are too small (they are low tech too but i like that, they work great for small drinks, and never break). I must say that the range of the 4runner is relatively low and i don't think you could get 300miles out of one tank but that fits into the category of low mileage i think. it does tow a little and low range is deceptively low and really maximizes the torque. It handles well off-road and on ice. I've put 25k miles on it (in 1.5years) so i think iv got a pretty good idea of the kind of car it is. The best thing for under $10,000, and one quarter the price!"

17 Years of dependability

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Body style - comfortable - nice drive - dependable"

Cons: "Gas mileage bad - engine power - safety issue"

"My odometer is just over 65,000 miles. NO, it did not 'turn'. Original owner! R/T to work 2.2 miles, now retired. Most mileage was of course trips, at usually 1,000 miles or more. I bought the whole pkg, incl 4-door, roof rack, running boards, great sound system, leather. People ask me to sell, nope. Love the tawny brown color. I can afford a new car, this SUV makes me ask why. To explain that AND give the reader (Hi!) what you need, I'll do this PRO/CON. PROS: I enjoy driving it. Quality workmanship - Few parts have failed - Beautifully designed, so it still looks 'new'. Tho' smaller than today's, 5 passengers ride comfortably, and storage is good after flipping the back seats down. Height is good for seeing traffic ahead on the freeway, which I see as a must. My leather upholstery holds up very well. I have a great factory sound system; good speakers in back. Sun roof is fantastic. Big, with a sliding shade. I've had no problems with the engine or drive train. It always passes smog. I did replace all tires at around 50K miles. 4WD is great; though I don't offroad regularly I compare to my old 4x4 Jeep, and as long as you watch clearance closely and avoid stuff that will scrape the paint, etc., it's great for some off-roading. CONS: Terrible gas mileage is the common complaint. Best I ever got was driving 70 mph, long trip, straight flat road = 16 mpg. City? fuggitaboutit. 12, sometimes 10. Engine power is great once you get up to speed, and the road is flat. It quickly bogs down on hills, even 'empty'; if a road hog slows you down you'll never get your speed back up as long as you are climbing. I think I hate this the most. Except maybe safety. No airbags, only standard across the chest"

Indestructible and Fun

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Bought this baby a few months ago for a knock around vehicle and can not be happier. Only complaint is the MPG on the V6 3.0 Automatic. If you have this engine and tranny, I suggest maxing out the air pressure on you tires if driving highway, it will get you another 3 MPG. Overall this thing is built like a tank. One can see why these 4runners hold their value so well."

Highly Recomended

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "amazing 4wd, very comfortable, very reliable"

Cons: "lack of power and lack of mpg"

"Great vehicle not perfect but real close to it! Never let me down, and never got stuck has 4" lift and 32x11.50R15 and they are amazing with the 4runners 4wd system I love it and would recomend it to everyone"

I love this truck, it is the best!

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Dependable, Looks great,"

Cons: "Cup holders limit air vents when used"

"I love my 4Runner, I upkeep the maintenance on it, and it runs like a champ. I have owned several vehicles, more than 12 or so??? This is one of the best, I love Toyota's (owned 4 of them). This truck looks tuff, and drives strong. There is a long list of great things about this truck mostly the quality and the life of the truck. It is extremely dependable, and I love the way that the back window comes down and you have a tailgate to sit on! I love the sunroof and that it is so well made it does not leak even though it is a 1995 truck! The quality shows also in the cruise and radio controls being on the steering wheel. I will tell you the couple of small negatives. On the model I have the cup holders are in front of the AC vents, blocking some air flow. The Toyota's in general have a weakness of the driver door not locking and unlocking with the others, and mine has that problem. One of my back windows does not work properly, but as I said my truck is 17 years old."