2014 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $79,091 - $81,402.

Invoice N/A

9.6

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10

Amazing ride

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Fast, smooth, runs on sunshine (PV), silent"

Cons: "weak rear visibility, no rear cup holders, heavy"

"The first thing that is striking when driving the Model S is the telepathic response of the throttle; no delay, just gobs of torque (and negative regen torque when lifting the foot). Beyond this, it's just a really comfortable ride which can be driven silky smoothly. With the air suspension, it's like riding a magic carpet. Almost everything is electronically adjustable. It has an absurd about of storage space, and still a lot with rear-facing child seats installed (waiting for those)."

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fast and a blast to drive!"

Cons: "seating is stiff"

"I love this car. Have had it for only two weeks, but it has been great. Charging with the High Powered Wall Charger is easy, Nevada Power gives a special low cut rate, so it is cheap! Very quite when on the freeway, very powerful, easily overtakes traffic. I own a 12 cylinder Mercedes-Benz AMG, and the pick up on this car is just as exciting! I can't wait to try to make it to Southern CA., have already checked out the Barstow Tesla Supercharger station and have had a 240V outlet installed at our home in Huntington Beach."

Driving it puts a grin on my face!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "A gas (without gas) to drive."

Cons: "Could use more interior storage room"

"This is the most unbelievable automobile ever. Nothing on the road can compare to it in form and function. It can be a sports sedan, whipping a BMW M5 from 0-60 and 0-100, all in silence that shames a Rolls Royce or Bentley. It can be a SUV carrying 5 adults and 2 kids comfortably with more room than a Porche Panamerica. It has a computer controls that makes ALL others look like they're still in the dark ages. It's a computer on steroids with wheels! It makes gas stations defunct since you just plug it in when you come home and in as little as 4-5 hours your ready for another 265 EPA rated miles without sending any of your money to the Middle East. Just puts a grin on my face whenever I see or drive it. This car IS the future, today."

Fast, fun, fuel-free

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Too many to list."

Cons: "Pricey, missing some features in similar cars"

Picture from the first day I got it.

"I have owned this car for nearly a month, and it has changed driving as I used to know it. I used to have to drive around and think about how full my tank was. I used to think about gas prices and where to get the cheaper gas. Now, I drive this incredible car with amazing performance characteristics (0-60 in ~4 seconds) and never worry about any of that. The ample ~300 range is a non-issue unlike most EV's for over 99% of my driving. I take 15 seconds to plug the car in about 1-2 times a week and have the entire week's worth of driving taken care of. The large touchscreen interface is incredibly easy to use, and updates get pushed to the car to the car improve driving performance and add features. Never had a manufacturer add features to a car after I bought it before either. To sum it up fast, fun, luxurious, comfortable, guilt-free acceleration, revolutionary. I will not go back to an ICE car."

Picture from the first day I got it.

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Outrangeously fun -- instant torque"

Cons: "Only 2 cupmholders"

"This is the 2nd EV I have owned. It's leaps and bounds better than the competition of EVs, hybrids, and gas-powered cars -- more range, more cargo space, more passenger space, more performance. Innovative 17" touchscreen interface for car controls (doors, lights), ability to customize drive characteristics (level of regen, feel of the power steering, etc.), climate controls, entertainment systems, internet, etc. DetaIled graphical feedback showing efficiency of driving. Excellent customer experience with vehicle delivery and personal walk-thru and help customizing the car. Instant torque from the electric motor makes this car incredibly quick off the line. This is the first car I have ever driven that makes me feel like I'm driving and interacting with a 21st century car. Tesla hit a home run with this car. It has won nearly every possible auto and tech industry awards. As a bonus the availability, ease of use, and speed of charging the car using the expanding network of Tesla Super Chargers -- ability to reclaim 50% range in 30min and 100% charge within 60 min of charging -- cannot be beat. This allows Tesla Model S drivers to complete a road trip in similar timeframe as a gas-powered car."