2013 Tesla Model S

9.6

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10

Awesome car

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pros: "Efficiency, touch controls and a joy to drive"

Cons: "Too few cup holders, missing a couple features"

"I've driven lots of nice cars, from BMW's to Porsche's, and my Model S is the best car I've ever owned or driven. To be able to combine the performance of an exceptional sports car with comfort of a luxury car AND the efficiency better than any hybrid is what I find to be most remarkable. Range is the biggest compromise, but my range so far has been close to rated (200+ miles on regular charge with the 85kw battery and limited use of climate control), which is fine for me 95% of the time (will swap with my wife's car for longer trips where I don't want to worry about it). Also, love the touch screen center stack...definitely ahead of its time and it works great. The car has a feel of quality. Yes, it's missing some features (parking sensors, blind spot monitor, etc), but the sum of the car more than makes up for the lack of a couple missing options. I have also had a couple minor hiccups -- defective 3G antenna needed to be replaced and waiting on a fix to the tire pressure warning that keeps popping up, but overall, I love the car. Best advise for anyone doubting the performance or otherwise on the fence is to drive the car."

WHEN A DREAM BECOMES REALITY

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "50 characters is not enough."

Cons: "Tires last about 25,000 miles or less."

"Do the math... *Gas was $700/mo... now zero. *No engine to maintain. *Electric bill before Model S was $250 and rising. *Solar panels and night charging... *electric bill is now $150. *Price of a 400 mile round trip via Superchargers = $4 [$0.11/kw to refill the battery at home after the journey.] *Time savings not going to gas stations, oil changes, service. *72,000 miles and 30 months later we love our Model S almost as much as the day we got it."

100 year before its time!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Exotic FAST, F1 handling, Off-the-hook technology."

Cons: "Somewhat expensive for the avarage consumer."

Tesla: Model S P85

"Driving the Tesla: Model S can only be described as a massive leap forward into the distant future! Not only can this car out-perform just about EVERYTHING on the road (in real world driving), it does it with amazing style, comfort, and handling! I own the P85 Performance version (85 kWh battery) and if you offered me a 2013 Porsche 911GT for it, I would quickly turn you down. Because the Model S Peformance is such a far superior car in all levels of eveything, it even makes the most sought-after vehicels on the road feel obsolete by comparison. The torque of the Model S is so instant, it's already gone by the time the Porsche has sent the fuel to the pistons, cranked the rods, found the gear, and spooled up the turbos. Everyone I have given a ride to in my Model S says exactly the same thing... "It's a roller-coaster on wheels!!!" Because it is insanely fast, smooth, and completely silent. Best of all, it cost pennies to drive, has more room than most SUV-crossover's. Never mind technology that even makes Bentley and Roles-Royce appear like ox-carts from the 1800's. I have already driven 270 miles on a single charge, and charging it at home is a breeze! It's not a wonder why the critics at Motor Trend gave it the most prestigious 'Car of the Year' award for 2013 (and the accolades just keep on coming). Tesla has single-handedly brought back the prestige American once had in the automotive industry."

Tesla: Model S P85

The most amazing car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, all electric, beautiful styling"

Cons: "expensive, a little tight for entry/exit,"

"It's a brand new car from a brand new company so there are a few glitches here and there, but nothing that really takes away from the incredible fun of driving it. And just about everything is fixable in software as they refine it. It goes like a bat out of hades, and I haven't been to a gas station in three months. Even though it's a huge car, its aggressively sporty styling makes it a little tight to get in and out of compared to other big four door sedans. Once you're in though you don't want to get out."

This Car Is a Game-Changer

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic, fast, exciting, beautiful, elegant"

Cons: "No parking sensors (no big deal)"

"When describing the Tesla Model S you soon run out of superlatives - Fantastic, fast, exciting, beautiful, elegant, flawless. Elon Musk set the goal of building the "Best Car in the World that just happens to be electrically powered." He's achieved this in spades. I've owned Mercedes and Lexus, but my Tesla is by far the best car I've ever driven. If you're in the market for a high-end luxury sedan, you owe it to yourself to test-drive a Tesla."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Tesla Model S near Honolulu. See local deals