• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $92,832 - $99,307.

Invoice N/A

9.5

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

The worlds first Perfect Car

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Smooth drive, Performance, Simplicity of Ownership"

Cons: "With this acceleration?!! Tires Cost!!"

"A rocket ship! Unbelievably smooth and fast to drive. Simple to refuel at home. never think about gas again. 100% reliable. No maintenance. Wider than a 750i. Far More luggage space than a 750i. Perfect customer service. Love the new free 'apps' and features updates with each new software release. Love the fact that supercharger refills are free for life. All I need to pay for is tires and wiper blades. This is the only car I have ever driven where strangers on the street wave at you and give you a thumbs up! So many strangers walk up in the parking lot and ask about the car. Everyone wants one. Everyone loves it. I have given so many test rides to strangers.. as they just love this car. I can't recommend it enough! THE Chick MAGNET to beat all CHICK MAGNETS! Hey, it even looks like the best car!"

Best car ever. And I mean EVER. Surpasses

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Little fit and finish issues which will improve"

"What more can be said about the Model S. The car is one of a kind. I've owned the car over a year and I am still amazed that this thing was ever built. Believe the hype the car is rock solid. I never really cared about cars in the past but this one changes the game. The only thing that I can say negative about it outside of the little fit and finish parts of the vehicle because Tesla is a new company would be the price but hey it is worth every penny. And when you have to take the car in for one of the fit and finish items Tesla service is beyond anything dealers offer today they fix the issue and you are back driving the best car ever."

Best Car Ever Built!

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Design, Fast, $7=230mi, Hi Tech, Green"

Cons: "Pricey for many, so quiet pedestrians don't hear u"

"Best vehicle I have ever driven! Mostly charge in my garage costing me a mere $7 for a range of 230 miles.(300mi models avail.) Tesla superchargers being installed around the U.S.A. along interstates are free and only take around 1 hour depending on how low in miles you are. It makes me smile every time I drive it. Everywhere I go, someone wants to know all about it. 17" screen has internet web/music, GPS map,and all the high tech controls easily learned. AC freezes me out in FL hot summers. Excellent handling, very smooth in pickup and slowing down. Rarely need brakes (unless a fast stop) due to regenerative braking. Don't care about gas prices anymore. No more exhaust fumes. Test drive one, you will want one."

This is where the auto future is going...

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, "gas-free", very quick acceleration."

Cons: "Rear-view sight."

"A thrill to drive. No problems at all. Have been through 0 degree weather in Chicago with it. Range decreases by 20% overall. Very reliable. Ride is exceptional! Have encountered lots of "Anti-Tesla" individuals who are just jealous. Car is expensive, but all good things must encounter "rough beginnings", and people should be happy that investors and individuals are taking a chance on "the future" of automobiles- Hey, the average Joe should be glad someone is willing to give this alternative "a try". So far, so good! I believe in this company. The product has been great, and the customer service just as good. This is a great "2nd car" for any family. Be sure to have one regular combustion engine style vehicle on hand to travel those infrequent "long-haul" distances. Overall, I travel no more than 60 miles a day, and the 60kw Tesla Model S has been more than enough to do the job of getting me to where I need to go 99.99% of the time."

Exceeds my pre-purchase expectations

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "see below"

Cons: "see below"

"The Good: Fun to drive. Addictive. Powerful, instant torque, fun handling Forward-thinking interface all handled by touch screen. Beautiful Constant over-the-air software updating Good warranty. Excellent customer service. Superchargers make long distance driving worry free. Did I say fun to drive? No Gas! The Not So Good: New company. Must continue to prove itself to maintain loyalty. Teething pains on some of the hardware. Good service addresses this worry, however. Expensive. Model E will be much more affordable. Some may suffer range anxiety, but for 95% of life, it's just not an issue at all."

Amazing car

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "The frunk, the touchscreen, fun to drive"

Cons: "small vanity mirrors, too many questions by people"

"Had the car for 8 months and I love it. It's fast, looks great and has a very sleek interior. I'm a car guy who grew up in the 80's, so there's alot of minor things to appreciate on this car. The fact that the speakers and fan go to 11! It's great that they have a sense of humor. Made me smile, when I found those Easter eggs. The fact that I don't need gas, the fact that it's easy to charge and when you drive it. No big issues, small issue, maybe the radio, AM does get lousy reception and FM OK in my area, The car is in effect a Faraday cage so what do you expect? Just don't put metallic window tint and you'll be fine. Easy fix is to listen to Am radio it via streaming internet radio- problem solved."

Great but not perfect

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Good acceleration"

Cons: "Poor service"

"The car performs and accelerates well. However I am 5'4", and have to raise the seat. This partially blocks the rear view, The vehicle has a FM radio reception problem. It has been in service three times, but the problem is not fixed. The Tesla forums are full of such reports.It is a shame that Tesla cannot fix this problem. The Tesla service blames the radio stations and poor placement of FM towers!"

Best car ever, faster than my Porsche 911 60-80mph

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Great fun to drive, great value, beautiful looks!"

Cons: "Had to pay $1100 to get a 240V outlet"

"I waited for 11 months to get a Model S (60kWh); but it certainly is worth the wait! Talk about the great performance, looks, technology, and guilt-free driving experience since it produces zero emission. I have driven it 2500 miles and I have just thoroughly enjoyed it. I did a cost of ownership estimate and came up with $0.35/mile over 7 years, which is cheaper than the Honda CR-V (cost $0.52/mile over 7 years) that it replaced! And, I get to use the HOV lane, which saves me $400/yr on express lane toll. Not having to get gas every 5-6 days has been so wonderful - I didn't even figure the amount of money (people say time is money) that I save over 7 years not getting gas. PG&E's PEV rate makes it very cheap to charge during off peak hours."

Truly AMAZING

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

"My only complaint in driving a Tesla Model S is the endless looks and sometimes crowds that it attracts! The styling and design are top rate. Acceleration is instantaneous and much more linear than an ICE vehicle. It is super quiet. The active air suspension is excellent. The interior space is well designed and roomy. I have the premium sound package and the tech package....both function flawlessly. The 17" iPad like control panel is a huge wow factor, very easy to use and intuitively designed by one of the original iPad designers. The 85kW hour battery system has a practical range of 250-265 with my driving style. Does better on the highway. This is the type of car that makes you want to take the long way home!"

There are far better cars for your money.

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

"Hey, Just got the S and and underwhelmed. for the price, you get a lot of hype and some "feel good green" points, but on the automotive front, it is lacking. The thing is heavy- and on bumpy roads around Dallas-Ft Worth, the suspension is suspect. I am already budgeting $5-10k to redo the suspension sometime. The interior space is nice (novel) and the silence during acceleration is cool. I would say that the Audi A8 or BMW 7 series are far superior cars, and you'll not have to worry about the range, the future repairs, or the company going out of business (when the government subsidies stop, when Wall Street guys dump the stock, etc.) The idea of the car is cool, but the actual car is UNDERWHELMING."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next