2013 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $68,618 - $73,521.

Invoice N/A

9.6

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10

This is where the auto future is going...

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, "gas-free", very quick acceleration."

Cons: "Rear-view sight."

"A thrill to drive. No problems at all. Have been through 0 degree weather in Chicago with it. Range decreases by 20% overall. Very reliable. Ride is exceptional! Have encountered lots of "Anti-Tesla" individuals who are just jealous. Car is expensive, but all good things must encounter "rough beginnings", and people should be happy that investors and individuals are taking a chance on "the future" of automobiles- Hey, the average Joe should be glad someone is willing to give this alternative "a try". So far, so good! I believe in this company. The product has been great, and the customer service just as good. This is a great "2nd car" for any family. Be sure to have one regular combustion engine style vehicle on hand to travel those infrequent "long-haul" distances. Overall, I travel no more than 60 miles a day, and the 60kw Tesla Model S has been more than enough to do the job of getting me to where I need to go 99.99% of the time."

Exceeds my pre-purchase expectations

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "see below"

Cons: "see below"

"The Good: Fun to drive. Addictive. Powerful, instant torque, fun handling Forward-thinking interface all handled by touch screen. Beautiful Constant over-the-air software updating Good warranty. Excellent customer service. Superchargers make long distance driving worry free. Did I say fun to drive? No Gas! The Not So Good: New company. Must continue to prove itself to maintain loyalty. Teething pains on some of the hardware. Good service addresses this worry, however. Expensive. Model E will be much more affordable. Some may suffer range anxiety, but for 95% of life, it's just not an issue at all."

Amazing car

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "The frunk, the touchscreen, fun to drive"

Cons: "small vanity mirrors, too many questions by people"

"Had the car for 8 months and I love it. It's fast, looks great and has a very sleek interior. I'm a car guy who grew up in the 80's, so there's alot of minor things to appreciate on this car. The fact that the speakers and fan go to 11! It's great that they have a sense of humor. Made me smile, when I found those Easter eggs. The fact that I don't need gas, the fact that it's easy to charge and when you drive it. No big issues, small issue, maybe the radio, AM does get lousy reception and FM OK in my area, The car is in effect a Faraday cage so what do you expect? Just don't put metallic window tint and you'll be fine. Easy fix is to listen to Am radio it via streaming internet radio- problem solved."

Great but not perfect

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Good acceleration"

Cons: "Poor service"

"The car performs and accelerates well. However I am 5'4", and have to raise the seat. This partially blocks the rear view, The vehicle has a FM radio reception problem. It has been in service three times, but the problem is not fixed. The Tesla forums are full of such reports.It is a shame that Tesla cannot fix this problem. The Tesla service blames the radio stations and poor placement of FM towers!"

Best car ever, faster than my Porsche 911 60-80mph

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Great fun to drive, great value, beautiful looks!"

Cons: "Had to pay $1100 to get a 240V outlet"

"I waited for 11 months to get a Model S (60kWh); but it certainly is worth the wait! Talk about the great performance, looks, technology, and guilt-free driving experience since it produces zero emission. I have driven it 2500 miles and I have just thoroughly enjoyed it. I did a cost of ownership estimate and came up with $0.35/mile over 7 years, which is cheaper than the Honda CR-V (cost $0.52/mile over 7 years) that it replaced! And, I get to use the HOV lane, which saves me $400/yr on express lane toll. Not having to get gas every 5-6 days has been so wonderful - I didn't even figure the amount of money (people say time is money) that I save over 7 years not getting gas. PG&E's PEV rate makes it very cheap to charge during off peak hours."