• 2014 Compact SUVs

2003 Suzuki XL-7

Based on 204 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

best ever for the money

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "A little loud"

"Best vehicle I ever bought for the money. When they first came out Consumer Reports bashed them. I have 299,000 miles on it with no (none!!!!!) repairs. Only now the heater is starting to give me problems. Have owned a Grand Cherokee and a Honda Pilot during this same time and the Suzuki is more fun to drive. The 4 wheel drive was great in the snow. Too bad they are no longer available in the US."

put 173K miles on it: NEVER in the shop!

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "comfy; easy to drive"

Cons: "back seat need more leg room"

"Very reliable vehicle, but not such a great 4-wheel drive in snow. Traction is good, but not as good as others I've owned. It slides more than I like. This may be due to the limitation on tires available. BUT it's never been in the shop! I've put 173K miles on it. Very reliable! Seats and interior still look great. Exterior only has wear and tear of being driven every day."

Awesome vehicle

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive in the snow,roomy,Drives like a car."

Cons: "None so far"

"Iv'e had this suv about 7 months now and all i can say is WOW.I traded an 04 Mustang i had for it.Have a newborn and needed the room.It is a pleasure driving it around.I have 0 complaints so far.Only routine maintenance.Tires,oil changes etc...Would def trade for it again.The 4 wheel drive is a beast in the snow.Never even came close to getting stuck.Get one if you get the chance.You won't regret it."

Awesome Car especially for the Money!

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle , value and price"

Cons: "Not many dealers for service"

"I bought my car from a dealer who took it from a sale from a leasing company. I have owned the car 9 years and have driven it up to 95,000 miles and the engine and drive train are as good as the day I bought it. I have owned Many Acuras, Toyota Nissans, as well as exotic cars. The quality is there with every one of them and when I consider the significantly lower price tag, any other comments would be nit picking. I serviced it regularly and it runs great. A few minor mechanical issues with some items but overall only after 8-10 years did anything need maintenance. Key mechanicals of engine , brakes, transmission and 4wd are awesome. Tons of power for long drives as well!"

Great reliable 4wd for the price!

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "mpg, 4wd, comfort, storage room, A/T power, steeri"

Cons: "no performance parts, and sounds like a weedeater"

"Great all around car. It does surprisingly well in the mud for having such a small motor. Never thought id own a car with less than a 4.0l but I have to say that it will still spin tires taking a corner from a dead stop. The A/T option is great and I'll suffer the 2mpg gas drop for the extra rpms ans less shifting. I've got up to 24.7mpg highway with passengers and the hatch loaded down with camping, fishing, and shooting equipment. I'm not sure if there all like this but my 2005 runs a pretty high 30000+-rpm at 70 mpg but drop back down to 25000 at 65 or 75. Every car has its nit-picky spots. But overall I've done nothing but oil changes and air filter since I've owned it. I'm going to do spark plugs and check the rear and front end fluid levels and get a new battery pretty soon. May hold off till 90000 miles to keep it even in the log. This thing handles like a car. I can take windy roads at 75mph without too much issue. It probly has a lot to do with the low ground clearance issues. But its not really a off road toy like a lifted cherokee ( previously had a 96 cherokee 4wd) but it sure makes up for that in comfort. I'm 6'1" 175lbs and its hard to find a car that's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. I wouldn't of ever bought the 3rd row seating options because as is, its not comfy for grown people to ride along in the back seats. But it would be fine for the kids. This little 2.7L is pretty surprising to be honest. With the longer shift time you get with the A/T button engaged, you can really move. My buddy and his 4wd v8 2010 chevy pickup has a hard time keeping up and once we hit the back roads I show him up since this thing handles so great. Overall it gets up to 25+-mpg, affordable insurance, safe, family suv that does great offroad too. The cars pretty simple and clean under the hood. Old fashion screw on oil filter and everything. Still haven't had any oil, tranny, axle leaks and she starts every time. The only real down fall is there's not too much bolt on performance upgrades atleast not in the USA for them. But if you just want a reliable vehicle id highly recomend it too anyone."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki XL-7 near Honolulu. See local deals