2002 Suzuki XL-7

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Solid SUV

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

"Bought used with 40K. I was interested in Subaru but get so much more for your money used. Depreciation is steep on these but if you buy used and run it a long time it is a good value. Cars are not investments anyway. Worthless in snow in 2 wheel drive but excellent in 4X4. Only issues I have had is a oxygen censor and the 4X4 did not work when I bought it. Turns out a vacuum tube was pinched when the trailer hitch was install killing the 4X4. Dealer fixed it for $70. Third row works fine if you can convince people to try it. It is like telling overnight guests that your hid-a-bed is comfortable, no one wants to sleep on it anyway. But I am 6' 1" and can sit back there just takes some seat adjustments. We have a roof top box for stuff when using third seats since there really is no luggage space. Gas milleage is better than advertised 20 to 23 highway and 17 city. Not bad for heavy SUV. Thule rack attaches to spare tire and bikes will swing with tail gate great for a couple bikes. Good for small trailers tows my tent trailer great Main complaints: Tires are goofy. They are an expensive wierd size 235/HR60-16 and are speed rated. So you have performance car tires on SUV? But drive it on road mostly anyway but don't like to pay to replace them very expensive. Seats fold down but design is an after thought and do not remove or fold into floor. Would have a ton more room if you could remove at lest the middle row seats. Made in Japan and well built but parts are hard to find in US and are expensive. Since this car is popular in the rest of the world parts are out there just hard to find here and seem very pricey. Dealer support is sparce. Does not come with factory cross bars. I put Thule cross bars on but makes whirling sounds so need a farring or take them off. I assume this why they don't but factory bars on. My roof top box is about a 1/2 inch too tall to fit in garage with Thule bars that are higher then factory bars would be so can not park in garage with box on roof."

original owner reliable,powerfull,22mpg,tows great

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "4X4,Towing,off road,7passenger,22mpg,reliable"

Cons: "not fancy,screws/fasteners inside cabin fall out"

Suzuki XL-7 4X4

"Bought new,carried max passengers, towed heavy 1 ton trailer, 1.5 ton boat,off roads,22mpg,exterior solid,interior could have used better fasteners,always starts,reliable in 12 Maine winters. If you want your moneys worth out of a REAL 4x4 (That you can also tow behind a camper/bus) get a Suzuki and save your money to go shopping with.Plain and simple Japanese engineered rugged SUV with great towing capacity,mileage and manners."

Suzuki XL-7 4X4

GREAT vehilcle!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Purchase Price, Gas Mileage, Durable...."

Cons: "Minimal leg room on 3rd row seat."

"I bought my XL7 7 years ago when we were foster parents to replace our Suburban. I haven't regretted this purchase at all! I have put 163k miles on it and haven't had one problem with it. The only downer is the 3rd seat foot room is minimal but perfect for extra car seats. I am looking to downsize now that my children are older. My Suzuki XL7 has been the best car I have owned in my 30 years of driving."

Great reliable 4wd for the price!

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "mpg, 4wd, comfort, storage room, A/T power, steeri"

Cons: "no performance parts, and sounds like a weedeater"

"Great all around car. It does surprisingly well in the mud for having such a small motor. Never thought id own a car with less than a 4.0l but I have to say that it will still spin tires taking a corner from a dead stop. The A/T option is great and I'll suffer the 2mpg gas drop for the extra rpms ans less shifting. I've got up to 24.7mpg highway with passengers and the hatch loaded down with camping, fishing, and shooting equipment. I'm not sure if there all like this but my 2005 runs a pretty high 30000+-rpm at 70 mpg but drop back down to 25000 at 65 or 75. Every car has its nit-picky spots. But overall I've done nothing but oil changes and air filter since I've owned it. I'm going to do spark plugs and check the rear and front end fluid levels and get a new battery pretty soon. May hold off till 90000 miles to keep it even in the log. This thing handles like a car. I can take windy roads at 75mph without too much issue. It probly has a lot to do with the low ground clearance issues. But its not really a off road toy like a lifted cherokee ( previously had a 96 cherokee 4wd) but it sure makes up for that in comfort. I'm 6'1" 175lbs and its hard to find a car that's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. I wouldn't of ever bought the 3rd row seating options because as is, its not comfy for grown people to ride along in the back seats. But it would be fine for the kids. This little 2.7L is pretty surprising to be honest. With the longer shift time you get with the A/T button engaged, you can really move. My buddy and his 4wd v8 2010 chevy pickup has a hard time keeping up and once we hit the back roads I show him up since this thing handles so great. Overall it gets up to 25+-mpg, affordable insurance, safe, family suv that does great offroad too. The cars pretty simple and clean under the hood. Old fashion screw on oil filter and everything. Still haven't had any oil, tranny, axle leaks and she starts every time. The only real down fall is there's not too much bolt on performance upgrades atleast not in the USA for them. But if you just want a reliable vehicle id highly recomend it too anyone."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Handling"

Cons: "Not much leg room in rear seats"

"We bought this car brand new. We drove it off the lot and were so proud. 8 years later, we still are. This car drives like a dream. It handles like a car while still maintaining the feeling of an SUV. We used the third row seats all the time, growing up. After 8 years, it still looks new. The headlights are a little hazy, but that's it. My Jeep that's 4 years older has more wrong with it than this car. Everything works like new. We've had to make minimal repairs over our 8 year run. We're at 150,000 miles and it's still going strong. The only thing wrong is the back carpet came out from under the third row seats. Thats amazing for an 8 year old car. I love this car. I would trade my Grand Cherokee for it in a heartbeat. I only wish my mother would give it up. We call ours "Old Faithful" because it's been more reliable than anything else."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki XL-7 near Honolulu. See local deals