2001 Suzuki XL-7

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

original owner reliable,powerfull,22mpg,tows great

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "4X4,Towing,off road,7passenger,22mpg,reliable"

Cons: "not fancy,screws/fasteners inside cabin fall out"

Suzuki XL-7 4X4

"Bought new,carried max passengers, towed heavy 1 ton trailer, 1.5 ton boat,off roads,22mpg,exterior solid,interior could have used better fasteners,always starts,reliable in 12 Maine winters. If you want your moneys worth out of a REAL 4x4 (That you can also tow behind a camper/bus) get a Suzuki and save your money to go shopping with.Plain and simple Japanese engineered rugged SUV with great towing capacity,mileage and manners."

Suzuki XL-7 4X4

Great reliable 4wd for the price!

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "mpg, 4wd, comfort, storage room, A/T power, steeri"

Cons: "no performance parts, and sounds like a weedeater"

"Great all around car. It does surprisingly well in the mud for having such a small motor. Never thought id own a car with less than a 4.0l but I have to say that it will still spin tires taking a corner from a dead stop. The A/T option is great and I'll suffer the 2mpg gas drop for the extra rpms ans less shifting. I've got up to 24.7mpg highway with passengers and the hatch loaded down with camping, fishing, and shooting equipment. I'm not sure if there all like this but my 2005 runs a pretty high 30000+-rpm at 70 mpg but drop back down to 25000 at 65 or 75. Every car has its nit-picky spots. But overall I've done nothing but oil changes and air filter since I've owned it. I'm going to do spark plugs and check the rear and front end fluid levels and get a new battery pretty soon. May hold off till 90000 miles to keep it even in the log. This thing handles like a car. I can take windy roads at 75mph without too much issue. It probly has a lot to do with the low ground clearance issues. But its not really a off road toy like a lifted cherokee ( previously had a 96 cherokee 4wd) but it sure makes up for that in comfort. I'm 6'1" 175lbs and its hard to find a car that's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. I wouldn't of ever bought the 3rd row seating options because as is, its not comfy for grown people to ride along in the back seats. But it would be fine for the kids. This little 2.7L is pretty surprising to be honest. With the longer shift time you get with the A/T button engaged, you can really move. My buddy and his 4wd v8 2010 chevy pickup has a hard time keeping up and once we hit the back roads I show him up since this thing handles so great. Overall it gets up to 25+-mpg, affordable insurance, safe, family suv that does great offroad too. The cars pretty simple and clean under the hood. Old fashion screw on oil filter and everything. Still haven't had any oil, tranny, axle leaks and she starts every time. The only real down fall is there's not too much bolt on performance upgrades atleast not in the USA for them. But if you just want a reliable vehicle id highly recomend it too anyone."

Love this vehicle

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "3rd row seating, 20-24 mpg on hwy. great driver,"

Cons: "2nd row middle seat tight"

Fun at the beach 4WD is awesome

"Upgraded from 4-door Sidekick to the XL-7. Has much more room, 3rd row seating is great. Seven of us went to the beach and was able to take some toys for the kids as well as food for the picnic."

Fun at the beach 4WD is awesome

This is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

Pros: "Overall great vehicle, grandkids love to ride in it and I love to drive it!"

Cons: "The last row of seats is a bit cramped for the kids, but only a problem on small occasions."

"I have the maintenance done on it as regularly as I can. It has never given me any problems. I love the fact it has A/C toward the rear also. It has great heated seats in the winter time and overall comfort with the seats. Easy to clean interior and exterior. Power locks from the remote, love that, sure makes life a bit easier when disabled."

Happy that I bought it

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"This is my third XL-7 and they have all served me exceptionally well. Igot the first one to tow behind my motorhome which it does wonderfully. Of particular note, they have never let me down; when I want to go it's always ready. For me the size is great; not to heavy but tons of room. It has almost 6 feet behind the the front seats and will accomodate a few 8 foot boards over the console. Gas mileage has been okay at about 18 mpg for mixed driving and 21 on the openroad. It is also really tough off-road; being limited only by it's ground clearance, however that is still better than the other smaller SUV's. The worst thing is the cheap plastic on the interior. Overall, I've been a very satisfied owner."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki XL-7 near Honolulu. See local deals