2012 Suzuki SX4

8.3

Based on 268 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

good vehicle for the price

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "overall dependable"

Cons: "cvt transmission"

"a surpizingly good vehicle for the price. overall I have had good luck with this car. excellent for what it is"

Best Sedan for the Money

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "gas, trunk, cheap to fix"

Cons: "not big enough to 3 kids with 2 car seats."

"I bought my 2011 Sx4 new. drive great in snow. i drove it all over the US with no issue. just a regular oil change every 3 months."

New driver, first car, works for all my needs

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, cute design, easy clutch"

Cons: "oil light doesn't come on, little engine power"

"Parents bought the car new in December of 2008. They were looking for an inexpensive AWD car, and the SX4 Hatchback fit all their requirements. I received the car in April at 90,000 miles as my first car. At 80,000 miles, the engine blew up so we had to replace it. Later, we learned that the oil light does not come on when the oil is low, which then caused the engine to blow up. Also, the engine loses a lot of power when you add passengers, I often find myself going up hills in third gear when I have friends in the car. When riding solo, the car rockets, kind of. The engine isn't powerful enough to win races, but it has enough to launch from a stop. It's a kick to drive, and I highly recommend the stick- shift. The trunk has a lot of space, and can carry almost anything I want, especially when I fold the rear seats up. I enjoy the dashboard, I think it's stylish, and the radio works well. I did put in an iPod plug in, however, and it is my main source of music when I drive. The hatchback model is super cute, and I love driving around in it. As a first car, it is really great, and I don't have many complaints. My parents feel comfortable with me driving in it. I would buy this car again if it came with a much better engine with a lot more power, but everything else is great."

This car is awesome in the snow great to handle

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "fair price great to drive"

Cons: "no storage space like console"

"This is an awesome awd car great in the snow the gas tank is way to small and the back seat not to roomy but I will keep it I live in upstate NY and love it"

This is a good commuter car.

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Handling, good overall MPG"

Cons: "Harsh ride"

"I bought this car new and have owned it since 2008. I have had all the normal maintenance done and have had no problems with the car. At 120,000 miles it still performs, rides and handles like new. Everything still works (i.e. A/C, cruise, etc). I will say the ride is harsh and you will feel a rough road. A less low profile tire may help this but I never knew what size tire would work. My wife calls the car her scooter car because it handles so well. The car is an automatic. It accelerates okay but it will not win any races. I never reset the MPG calculator, and my 6 year avg MPG is 30.1. 50/50 city/highway."

Great compact suv type vehicle, great in snow.

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, good power, great in winter"

Cons: "True gas milage about 23.8 mpg due to awd"

"Great compact suv type vehicle, it is very reliable, along with great ability in the winter. With rear seats folded down, lots of room for hauling large items. The teck package offers MP3, CD, Bluetooth, Navi, remote door mirrors heated. All work very well and trouble free. A value packed vehicle, offering a lot for a $20,000 new price tag."

Great car..eeasy to handle

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "by the side windows you have a spot where you cant"

"With push button 4 wheel drive..you can go any where...easy handling...about 29mpg...wish it has a little bigger gas tank..but would highly recommend this car.."

Great commuter car, does great in winter driving

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive/easy to maintain, great winter car."

Cons: "Small gas tank/limited range. Weak radio."

"0 repairs on this car so far, have owned for 7 years. Only rountine maintenance (which I religiously do), and a new battery at 6 years. Still have original brakes/rotors, and clutch still nice and tight. 5 speed manual gives you a little edge over the automatic. Awesome winter car, which is now it's primary use. Not the most comfortable sub-compact on the market, but certainly would not hesitate to own another one."

Best all-wheel drive for under $20k new

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun ride in AWD mode. Looks, price, 6speed"

Cons: "Minor cabin noise fuel milage not as listed @ 70ha"

"Great little AWD car! Best selling car around the world, just not in USA, too bad!"

Good Car for Me!

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "AWD, heated seats, handling"

Cons: "Small gas tank, front visability could be better"

"Love this car. Other than a few minor recall items (navigation, airbag wiring, etc.), it's been great. The car gets decent gas mileage and can haul just about anything I need to move. It won't win any speed competitions but the car has been reliable transportation. I've owned mine since November 2008 and I won't be getting rid of it any time soon."

Love the mileage, interior and trunk space

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, good mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Blind spots front left and right at intersections"

"This car is roomy inspite of it's small size. Only down side is blind spots front left and right due to the front window frame. Maker tried to compensate with small side windows which only help if you are really short. I'm 5'6" and it took over a year to double check both directions before pulling out in traffic. Car has lots of pep. Not a luxury car so road noise can be heard."

GOOD, ECONOMICAL, ALL-WHEEL DRIVE

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE, EASY TO PARK, GOOD MILAGE"

Cons: "MANUAL HAS MORE PEP AND MPG"

"WITH THE PUSH OF A BUTTON YOU HAVE FRONT WHEEL,ALL-WHEEL, AND 4 WHEEL DRIVE. WE AVERAGE 28 MPG. WE ARE CONFIDENT THAT THIS VEHICLE WILL PERFORM NO MATTER WHAT THE ROAD CONDITIONS. THE HATCH-BACK MAKES IT CONVENIENT, EASY TO PARK AND THE GREEN COLOR IS EASY TO FIND."

Great car for the money!!!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "AWD, overall quality, interior and cargo room."

Cons: "Could use a larger gas tank (for trips)."

"Bought this car new - put 75,000 miles on it (half those miles are highway travel miles). Other than an air conditioning repair, never had any issues with it. The AWD works great - no trouble in snow or wet conditions. The interior provides plenty of room for 5 adults. Fold down rear seats and hatchback opening provides room for bigger cargo than you'd think would fit. Ours has a 5spd manual tranny - fun to drive and a lot of pep! We've made 3 trips from Oregon to Florida - very comfortable cruiser. We plan on selling it only because we need a larger vehicle (new grandbabies!)."

Excellent value, runs very well in all weather

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "great price , great on gas, very reliable"

In Excellent Condition 2009 with Navigation system built in!!!

"Great starter car, very reliable, runs great and very stable in all kinds of weather, great visibility, safe on highway and easy to maneuver in city."

In Excellent Condition 2009 with Navigation system built in!!!

I love this car and wish I could buy a new one.

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Quick, Sure Footed, Intuitive Controls"

Cons: "Medium Gas Mileage (< 30)"

"This car may well be the best I've ever owned. I'm 6'04 and I have plenty of head room and it just keeps on going with nothing but routine maintenance. The only deficiency is mileage, but that's understandable with the power and pickup this car puts out. I would be buying a new one of these little dynamo's if Suzuki hadn't abandoned us in the lurch. Bad Form Suzuki."

great gas mileage, really small

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "no room for passengers or storage, blows all over"

"I should have done more research before I bought this car. The gas mileage is great and it's amazing in snow and ice, but it's tiny tiny tiny. There's no room for anything in it, the wind blows it all over the road and on the highway the big truck can be really scary with their drafting. If I had it to do over again I would have not bought it. The resale value is terrible too."

best salesmans car ever

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "best value i could have hoped for"

Cons: "well, its not the biggest beast on the road..."

"what - all wheel drive and great gas milage? i drove this thing 102000 miles already and have had to do nothing but put front brakes and 2 sets of tires. i reccomend the 5 speed as it takes the 4 cylinder to the next level. great trunk space and convertability with the folding seats. great for car seat too."

Eh, not great.

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"My wife and I bought this car new. We have put 80k miles on it. At about 40k the transmission started to act strange and remains the same to this day. Every time we put it in drive it stays in neutral. We have to play around with it until drive finally engages. We have had it looked more than once at different places and they tell us that they don't see anything wrong...I guess we just make this up every day we drive it. The vehicle has terrible blind spots when turning corners. It is quite annoying to awkwardly try and look around the frame obstruction every time we navigate a turn. This is not a great vehicle on the highway as it has no pick up. I completely understand I did not buy a performance vehicle, but it does not change the fact that it screams to accelerate on the highway. The car also has many malfunctions. Tire pressure lights, seatbelt lights, traction lights, engine lights and many other lights are on regardless of the conditions or having the vehicle serviced. There have been recalls which we have responded to that have not addressed these issues. The vehicle is not a lemon, but I would not recommend this car."

Reliability & Value

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Great Value"

Cons: "Not the best in its category for gas mileage"

"My 2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan is as about as reliable as one could ever hope or expect. I bought in July 2008, and have had zero issues with it. I've changed the oil and the tires of course, and put on new brake pads. Never had to re-charge the AC, and it keeps it as cool as the first day I bought it. The base model came with the accessories normally found on the Plus Plus packages for the same year Toyota, Honda and Nissan. Great value for the price. I also have a 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara with 125,000 miles on it and it is still running strong. Suzuki really engineered their cars very well. Solid. The silver paint still waxes well on the 2008, and you can't tell it's not a current model economy car. I will say the gas mileage is not the best among its competitor cars, but that would be my only mild complaint."

Most reliable car I ever had!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Cons: "A little to small for my wife & I's needs."

"This car has been great! Safe snow driving w/good snows great A/C & cool driving in summer. Oil change every 2500 to 3000 mi. & the most reliable car ever!! And sharp looking."

Great for the Money

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Price is good - fun to drive. Fine for four adult"

Cons: "Uncomfortable for long trips"

"I've had the car for almost 3 years and have never had any type of problem! Not the most comfortable car on the road but for driving around town every day, it's great. Easy to park and has plenty of room for carrying groceries. Has been very reliable. We had some bad weather this year and this little car handles great on snow/ice."

Cheap awd/second suzuki

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Cheap,frugal,reliable,hatchback,safe,handles well"

Cons: "slow,noisy,poor ride,low resale,suzuki exited U.S."

"This is my second suzuki after having a 99 Esteem wagon for 10 years. I cheaped out when I bought this car, should have bought the Kizashi.Just in the last week have I had to out any repair money into this car as a rear disc brake caliper wouldn't release and ruined the pads and rotor. I have no complaints about suzuki in general. Sad to see them leave U.S. as they would have had a customer for life in me. As for my SX/4 it is a rough riding somewhat uncomfortable buckboard of a car with very good reliability.Easy to park and zippy enough for fighting through the 120" of snow in my area.This car would make a great first car for a student just starting out as it is reliable,safe,somewhat frugal and easy to bop around in especially in the urban environment."

excellent gas mileage.

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive."

Cons: "light. not heavy."

"Great Car."

very good

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "ALL ABOVE"

Cons: "LOT OF WIND NOISE WHEN WINDOWS DOWN"

"ex head room both of us wife is 5 ft spouse 6 ft good visibl&& &y 30mpg excellent traction she loves it many months of snow an ice in north maine. cold bothers the low tire light on a lot.WHERES THE THE SEAT REPAIRS PROMISED BIG PROBLEM NOT IMPORTRD NO DEALERS ONLYREASON FOR NO RECOMMEND."

EXCELLENT YEAR ROUND VEHICLE!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "excellent in snow, convenient city parking; color"

Cons: "small gas tank. cheap plastic inside"

"The AWD is awesome in the snow! I love the SX4. The only cons I have are: some of the plastic pieces on the rear interior seats popped out after folding down for storage and had to be replaced; the gas tank is small so for frequent use you will be stopping at a gas station more often; there is no interior button for the hatchback so when you want to open it, you have to do it manually outside of the vehicle; the gas tank door opener is in an inconvenient location on the floor next to the driver's seat. Suzukis are no longer being sold in the United States!! WHY?????"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki SX4 near Honolulu. See local deals