2012 Suzuki SX4

8.3

Based on 250 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Reliability & Value

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Great Value"

Cons: "Not the best in its category for gas mileage"

"My 2008 Suzuki SX4 Sedan is as about as reliable as one could ever hope or expect. I bought in July 2008, and have had zero issues with it. I've changed the oil and the tires of course, and put on new brake pads. Never had to re-charge the AC, and it keeps it as cool as the first day I bought it. The base model came with the accessories normally found on the Plus Plus packages for the same year Toyota, Honda and Nissan. Great value for the price. I also have a 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara with 125,000 miles on it and it is still running strong. Suzuki really engineered their cars very well. Solid. The silver paint still waxes well on the 2008, and you can't tell it's not a current model economy car. I will say the gas mileage is not the best among its competitor cars, but that would be my only mild complaint."

Most reliable car I ever had!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Cons: "A little to small for my wife & I's needs."

"This car has been great! Safe snow driving w/good snows great A/C & cool driving in summer. Oil change every 2500 to 3000 mi. & the most reliable car ever!! And sharp looking."

Great for the Money

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Price is good - fun to drive. Fine for four adult"

Cons: "Uncomfortable for long trips"

"I've had the car for almost 3 years and have never had any type of problem! Not the most comfortable car on the road but for driving around town every day, it's great. Easy to park and has plenty of room for carrying groceries. Has been very reliable. We had some bad weather this year and this little car handles great on snow/ice."

Cheap awd/second suzuki

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Cheap,frugal,reliable,hatchback,safe,handles well"

Cons: "slow,noisy,poor ride,low resale,suzuki exited U.S."

"This is my second suzuki after having a 99 Esteem wagon for 10 years. I cheaped out when I bought this car, should have bought the Kizashi.Just in the last week have I had to out any repair money into this car as a rear disc brake caliper wouldn't release and ruined the pads and rotor. I have no complaints about suzuki in general. Sad to see them leave U.S. as they would have had a customer for life in me. As for my SX/4 it is a rough riding somewhat uncomfortable buckboard of a car with very good reliability.Easy to park and zippy enough for fighting through the 120" of snow in my area.This car would make a great first car for a student just starting out as it is reliable,safe,somewhat frugal and easy to bop around in especially in the urban environment."

excellent gas mileage.

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive."

Cons: "light. not heavy."

"Great Car."

very good

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "ALL ABOVE"

Cons: "LOT OF WIND NOISE WHEN WINDOWS DOWN"

"ex head room both of us wife is 5 ft spouse 6 ft good visibl&& &y 30mpg excellent traction she loves it many months of snow an ice in north maine. cold bothers the low tire light on a lot.WHERES THE THE SEAT REPAIRS PROMISED BIG PROBLEM NOT IMPORTRD NO DEALERS ONLYREASON FOR NO RECOMMEND."

EXCELLENT YEAR ROUND VEHICLE!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "excellent in snow, convenient city parking; color"

Cons: "small gas tank. cheap plastic inside"

"The AWD is awesome in the snow! I love the SX4. The only cons I have are: some of the plastic pieces on the rear interior seats popped out after folding down for storage and had to be replaced; the gas tank is small so for frequent use you will be stopping at a gas station more often; there is no interior button for the hatchback so when you want to open it, you have to do it manually outside of the vehicle; the gas tank door opener is in an inconvenient location on the floor next to the driver's seat. Suzukis are no longer being sold in the United States!! WHY?????"

not impressed

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Reason: bad gas mileage and totaled the vehicle

Pros: "bad gas mileage"

Cons: "lots of head room"

"Thew suzuki company must have worked really hard to make a 2.0 motor get this BAD of gas mileage 21 MPG city 23 Highway but I should say that it did take a beating hit a stopped car at 50 mph and no one was hurt this did surprise me."

Great car!AWD Fantastic in snow/ rainy conditions.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "AWD super fun to drive in wet or snowy conditions"

Cons: "Not crazy about cloth seats in any vehicle"

"This car is a great vehicle. Super cute, handles great, small and versatile. Kicks butt in the snow! Hit the AWD in rainy conditions and you feel the traction and stability. Love the hatchback, too. Heats and cools quickly like most foreign cars. Definitely would recommend this car."

Worst vehicle I have driven

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "good gas milage, good city car"

Cons: "terrible control in wet and snowy roads"

"I purchased one used less then a week ago. The Tire pressure monitor was on they said that it was fixed when I took it and that the light would go out. It didn't. The traction control system make a boom when it kicks in. I followed the plow truck out the road and spun tire the entire way with the AWD system engaged. also AWD system handling is terrible. I have driven many trucks and SUV's in my life and none have been this bad on back roads."

Built 7'/'08 purchase "NEW"? 8/'09 Under 15k CASH

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, fits into small spaces"

Cons: "Over pri$ed, POOR gas mileage, NOT sexy"

"My car gets about 24mpg "pitiful", the brakes have been replaced twice, the 1st time I paid the dealership over $300.00 but the second time the dealership replaced them with "no charge" because I already OVER PAID to purchase it. I think this car should have been priced at 9,999.00 so I'm glad to hear that the US will not be selling it anymore. It's precise, quick and it start-up EVERY time I'm ready to go. I may give it to my teenager because it's reliable, doesn't have too many blind spots and it's not intimidating but the gas mileage is disappointing. I've read the reviews on the good, bad and the ugly and I don't believe this car can handle 100k miles like my past Toyotas' did, therefore I shall trade it in for a Mini."

2007 SX4 Suzuki

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

"This is my first Suzuki car! Will see how it goes for point A to B ;)"

Tough as nails dependable as the sun!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Great gas miledge ,great price ,dependability,goes"

Cons: "a little small inside but my 6 ft 300 pound frame"

"The suzuki SX4 that I have owned for over 5 years is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned! I lock the diferentials(4 lock mode ) and goplaces that full blown mud trucks cannot handle ,I have installed a rocky roads 2 inch lift ,a full front skid plate and a rear differentials 3/8 aluminum skid plate,with the g-force fuel chip I installed I get over 26 miles a gallon around town and 34 highway ,the stock jeep cherokee rims fit right on and give me a larger assortment of tire sizes to choose from , Everyone like my little suzi-q and are always betting against the cars abilities I have not lost a bet on what this car can do !(but I judge the car criticacly and willonly be pushed so far )"

Reliable and a GREAT VALUE AWD snow vehicle

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "Great VALUE - inexpensive AWD w/a GOOD warranty."

Cons: "Small, fairly low ground-clearance."

"Commuted 50 miles 1-way through the Colorado foothills for over 4 years. No breakdowns and I never got stuck in any snowstorms. I drove a Subaru Legacy for many years before I got the Suzuki. The Subaru's got higher ground clearance and a longer per-tank range *but* it would have cost me $10k+ more to get another one than what I paid for the Suzuki. The Suzuki was a tremendous value. Handled as well as the Subaru in light snow. I had to replace the engine in the *subaru* at 65k miles (under the *extended* warranty I bought). The Suzuki came w/a 4 yr/100k powertrain warranty standard, so not only was it less expensive but the better warranty massively improved the value. At the time I bought it, the Suzuki was a "settle for" car because I couldn't afford another subaru. After 5 years and a single check-engine light (related to a loose gas-cap) it was really one of the best purchasing decisions I've made in my life."

Not Reliable

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "excelent on gas"

Cons: "no console"

"Cheep car. Great on gas. Small for a heaver persons or more then 3 to 4 people for comfort. Handles well. Not enough storage in car, Exp. missing console area. The car has a hard start/no start at times and odors from engine along with other ongoing issues that should be taken care of that are safety hazards. Not recommended. The car needs recalled and pulled off road."

Car was fun...till it wasn't

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Reason: cost/time to repair

Pros: "Fun, unique, loved the style of it"

Cons: "Very $$$ repairs, rotten mileage"

"My SX4 was one of the most fun cars I've ever owned, shed a tear when I traded it in actually. But that's not saying it was a great car. It was fun to toss around, very spirited, but the mileage was poor (22-24 at best) and with such a small tank, my 120-mile commute to work had me at the gas station every other day. No troubles until it neared 50k, then the AC quit. Had continual issues with check engine light, catalytic convertor and more. Car would stall with no warning. When the transmission started getting hinky I'd had enough. So few were on the road that repairs were very high ($1400+ for a refurbished AC compressor alone!) and basically all would require a looong wait as parts were infrequently shipped on a slow boat from Japan. I thought I'd keep this car forever but the bad ultimately overtook the good. Best car I've ever driven in bad weather, especially snow. This thing goes like a billy goat and fills you with a sense of security. Many times during my freeway commute I'd regularly see all sizes of cars off the road, stuck or in the ditch as Zippy and I kept on going. My golf clubs fit sideways with 1/4" to spare, but they did fit. This car had a lot of character, a fun spirit, but it was not economical in any way."

A decent vehicle with excellent snow handling

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "price, styling, 4wd, seating"

Cons: "quality, noise, a/c,"

"We live in Rochester, NY. My wife purchased this brand new in 5/2009 with the 5speed manual. Very hard to find the 5 speed. The only way we could get the cruise control on the SX4 Sport was to purchase the technology package. What a rip-off with the Garmin GPS. To update the map is around $100, more than a brand new GPS. we liked the quality at first, and performance is decent. Fuel economy is 27mpg summer/24mpg winter (with snow tires) all day long, and on trips averages just under 30mpg. However, at around 50k items started to wear. We had a Check engine light on. The dealer (under emissions warranty) replaced the o2 sensor, catalytic converter and a rear seal on the transmission. 1 week later, there was grinding noise in the rear. Under the powertrain warranty, the dealer ended up replacing both rear wheel bearings. All that work would have cost us over $2,800. Crazy considering we only paid under $16k for the vehicle. Not the quality I was expecting from a Japanese built vehicle! However, other than that, it runs fine. I've used Mobil 1 5w-30 since new. I just replaced all the brake rotors and pads at 61k with hi performance ceramics. Not too bad considering the commute is combination city/highway. The visibility is great with the mouse outboard mirrors, and seating is superb and firm. In the winter, we use 4 Blizzak snows on steel rims. It can plow through about 6" with no difficulty. My wife loves the auto 4wd feature, and it provides her added assurance during wet weather. The last vehicle my wife purchased new ended up giving her 12 years of flawless ownership and 157k. In comparison, at 100K, once the extended warranty runs out on this SX4, we'll be cautiously optimistic owning it."

I have had NO problems in 5+ years of ownership

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Safe, economical & very dependable. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Back seat is small if seating 3 adults, 3 kids ok"

2008 Suzuki SX4 AWD

"I love this car! It gets great gas mileage, even around town. It's really very secure in snow & also on ice. It would be a great first car for a teen, as it is not a "race car". Cheap to run & maintain for a College Student. Back seat is a little small when trying to seat 3 adults. Three kids, fine! Plenty of room for groceries, etc. in back end. Back seats fold down together or separately. (3/4 split) Tires & running condition are excellent."

2008 Suzuki SX4 AWD

excellent value, fast, exc handling

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "great fun car. best in its class!!!!"

Cons: "mileage"

"Aa fantastic over all value. Great options for the price, and very utilitarian use. Excelleration is exceptional, as is breaking, and handling. I can easily transport my 125 lb dog, with the back seats down. It also carries 4 passengers in comfort, 5 people is a little tight. The best sport wagon in its price range. My only negative is the mileage. About 26 town, and 33 hwy. But with nearly 189 hp, the fun factor makes up for it easily. Add the K N air system and after market chip, and you have a 200 hp, affordable, and reliable street car."

Great little car

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive."

"Bought it used with 4500 miles on it, the car is great in the snow, gets decent gas mileage."

Easy Driving, Love my Suzuki!

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great sound system, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Wish mine had cruise control"

"This is my first new car, bought straight off the lot when it was just a baby with 1140 miles. Has given me no trouble, love being able to zip in and out of traffic and easily get into any open parking spot. See your available miles, instant mpg, and average mpg (mine is at 27.0 mpg). Holding its value well! Great sound system too! XM ready, MP3 capability."

Cons: "alittle small for full figured people"

"I have owened the SX4 since new , This well built little car WILL GO ANYWHERE (Even 4x4 trails ) Just throw a set of jeep rims with some decent tires on it and go muddin ,I regularly follow my friends when they go 4 wheelin(i did install frnt$rear skid plates and a 2 inch lift )Put some 215 75 grabbers and WOW this in 4x4 lock is unstopable LOVE the car!! great for maine winters and mud season 26 an 32 mpg handles solid on the road, good rigid suspension , BUT do not try to fit 5 people in 4's good"

I like IT much

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "good value, fun to drive"

"this SX4 4x4 hatchback is my wife's car. I, change the oil, that is all I do. I like the ingress egress for a heavy fellow. Every time I have the opportunity, I drive it...it is delightful driving it-stable maneuverable. My wife says it holds the snow good. Too bad Suzuki cars do not sell here any more."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki SX4 near Honolulu. See local deals