2012 Suzuki SX4

8.3

Based on 278 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

SX4

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Sometimes its hard to see when there is another vehicle coming. You have to look around the trim that comes down to connect the windshield, between window area, or if someone is going to walk by. Also my son is tall, he has a hard time fitting into the car. He is only 14 but not comfortable on long trip. OK for just a normal size person. He is 6' tall. I like the car for just me. I have have had brake issues, squeaks most of the time."

Suddenly I love winter driving

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I have had the SX4 for only a month, but have driven thru 2 major snowstorms. I can't believe how well this car handles icy roads and my unplowed driveway. (It hugs dry roads even better!) I saved $3500 over my second choice, the Subaru Impreza and could not be happier. No other car offers this many quality features for this value. I can't wait to use the fold-down seats when my landscaping business starts up in the spring."

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Great little car. Love the gas milage. Zips along with traffic very well on the highway. Great head room and leg room for big guys. Drivers station was well thought out with many controls at your finger tips."

Pefect Fit

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"This car has everything I need at the best price. One of the best values in the auto industry. The standard AWD, ABS, and 6 air bags provide ideal saftey features especially cosidering how hard it is to find a car in this class with ABS or AWD. the cargo configuration is impressive when you see what can actually fit when you convert the rear seats. A safe dependable 4 door awd car at a great price."

Reliable and a GREAT VALUE AWD snow vehicle

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "Great VALUE - inexpensive AWD w/a GOOD warranty."

Cons: "Small, fairly low ground-clearance."

"Commuted 50 miles 1-way through the Colorado foothills for over 4 years. No breakdowns and I never got stuck in any snowstorms. I drove a Subaru Legacy for many years before I got the Suzuki. The Subaru's got higher ground clearance and a longer per-tank range *but* it would have cost me $10k+ more to get another one than what I paid for the Suzuki. The Suzuki was a tremendous value. Handled as well as the Subaru in light snow. I had to replace the engine in the *subaru* at 65k miles (under the *extended* warranty I bought). The Suzuki came w/a 4 yr/100k powertrain warranty standard, so not only was it less expensive but the better warranty massively improved the value. At the time I bought it, the Suzuki was a "settle for" car because I couldn't afford another subaru. After 5 years and a single check-engine light (related to a loose gas-cap) it was really one of the best purchasing decisions I've made in my life."

Car was fun...till it wasn't

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Reason: cost/time to repair

Pros: "Fun, unique, loved the style of it"

Cons: "Very $$$ repairs, rotten mileage"

"My SX4 was one of the most fun cars I've ever owned, shed a tear when I traded it in actually. But that's not saying it was a great car. It was fun to toss around, very spirited, but the mileage was poor (22-24 at best) and with such a small tank, my 120-mile commute to work had me at the gas station every other day. No troubles until it neared 50k, then the AC quit. Had continual issues with check engine light, catalytic convertor and more. Car would stall with no warning. When the transmission started getting hinky I'd had enough. So few were on the road that repairs were very high ($1400+ for a refurbished AC compressor alone!) and basically all would require a looong wait as parts were infrequently shipped on a slow boat from Japan. I thought I'd keep this car forever but the bad ultimately overtook the good. Best car I've ever driven in bad weather, especially snow. This thing goes like a billy goat and fills you with a sense of security. Many times during my freeway commute I'd regularly see all sizes of cars off the road, stuck or in the ditch as Zippy and I kept on going. My golf clubs fit sideways with 1/4" to spare, but they did fit. This car had a lot of character, a fun spirit, but it was not economical in any way."

Nice car

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pros: "IAWD, standard features & options work well"

Cons: "Lousy gas mileage & poor acceleration with the CVT"

"Overall I'm happy with it, but I have a couple of complaints with my 2011 iAWD crossover. The gas mileage isn't great; and lower end acceleration with the CVT is awful. Otherwise it's above average in most all other categories."

Overall great value AWD

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Lots of front seat room!"

Cons: "Pulling hills has transmission downshifting."

"Great little car! Bought the SX4 crossover new in march 0f 2008. At the time there wasn't anything in this price range in an AWD. The car is very solid, no squeaks or rattles,even on washboard roads. It handles our Cascade mountain passes with the original tires with ease in the snow.The only issue we have had with the car is the Keyless start/entry remote failing! MPG isn't outstanding, but expected that with the heavier mass of the AWD. Roughly, 22-23 in town and 28-30 on the hiway."

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great in the Snow"

Cons: "None really"

"I've read some of the Reviews of this car And people should state if they have the Auto or the 5 or 6 Speed depending on the year of their car. I currently own (Make Payments) a 2009 Suzuki SX4 AWD 5 speed. It has the 6 CD changer removable GPS Unit, Heated Seats, Heated outside Rear View mirrors. People state that this car is Sluggish I would say that is true if you have the Automatics but it's a what some people would say Peppy if you have the Manual Transmission. I Find it to be extremely comfortable since I commute 64 Miles round Trip. As for the Fuel Mileage right now I'm getting about 26 MPG with the Winter blend of gas But in the summer I get anywhere for 32-38 MPG. Car goes great in the Snow. Just got to change out the junk All Seasons for Good Quality Snow Tires. Overall This car is a Fun Little Car."

Best Compact AWD in the U.S.

By on Sunday, February 07, 2010

"This little car is a must have if you are interested in getting through snow and saving gas money. It is sporty, tough and a great value. I once drove to WI in the middle of a blizzard in my SX4. Stopped at a Super 8 for the night and left every car in the snow when I left the next morning. Just "locked" my AWD in place and drove on down the road! A great, great car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki SX4 near Honolulu. See local deals